Is Grand Princess Too Big?

Bobed1927

We've tentatively booked a Caribbean cruise on the Grand Princess. We've never sailed before on a ship as big as the Grand. I have a little difficulty walking distances. Will the Grand be too big for me?
The Grand Princess is 935 feet. Most Princess ships are that length -- or longer -- including the Coral/Island (964 ft) which carries 2/3 of the number of passengers yet many people don't consider the Coral/Island that big. How much walking you do depends on where your cabin is, where you prefer to eat, and what activities you prefer to do. Booking a cabin mid-ship means that you will have less walking to most areas on the ship. If your cabin on the Grand is towards the aft, eat in the buffet or Traditional dining room, occasionally go to the pool and don't often go to the Princess Theater, you'll have a lot less walking.

We have been on both ships and didnt seem to notice the difference. If you are midship and can use those elevaters, that will help on the walking. I would suggest doing anytime dining. Fixed dining is in the AFT and the Princess Theater is forward. Anytime dining is midship. That would save on some walking.

Pam in CA gives some good advice.

I find the Grand class a bit big - but if I take my time, certainly "do able".

I personally prefer a smaller ship, but do admit the big ships have a lot to offer.

Try to get a mid-ship cabin, and that helps reduce the long walks.

Iv been on the grand twice and Im going again jan 4 . I like the ship. Ive been on biger and smaller but I like the grand . Ive also been on the Island twice and both are similar . It has the right amount of everything for me . I book a mini suite right at the center elavators . Never had a problem and my mother and uncle both have gone with us and both have to walk with caines and havent had a problem . They take elavators up and down , I take stairs . Center of ship is the best half way to everything . CARL

The Grand was the first Princess cruise we ever took...loved the ship... right size for us active seniors ....

15 Princess cruises later, we still love the Grand...been on her 3 times total....

While it is alittle hike, we love to go to the Skywalker's Lounge on Deck 18 rear of the ship. Fantastic view everywhere for a sailaway... and never crowded...

Archived