got the upsell call. Tell me about suites?

sunseeker09

The upsell fairy called today and we couldn't resist, particularly since we just used OBC to pay the difference. We went from an 8A balcony to an ocean suite (was that cat 11 before?) on the Victory. So we're thinking we're pretty spoiled for our very first cruise! But hey, it is our anniversary after all. We leave in 3 days for our cruise on the Jan. 3.

I don't know if what sold us was more about the bigger cabin, having a tub and more space to shower, the bigger balcony (big plus), all of the above, or VIP embarking and disembarking, which sounds awesome.

Tell me about the VIP embarking? Is it much quicker/easier?

Tell me what you like about a suite over a balcony. Any other perks/bonuses?

Anyone have photos?

The upsell fairy called today and we couldn't resist, particularly since we just used OBC to pay the difference. We went from an 8A balcony to an ocean suite (was that cat 11 before?) on the Victory. So we're thinking we're pretty spoiled for our very first cruise! But hey, it is our anniversary after all. We leave in 3 days for our cruise on the Jan. 3.

I don't know if what sold us was more about the bigger cabin, having a tub and more space to shower, the bigger balcony (big plus), all of the above, or VIP embarking and disembarking, which sounds awesome.

Tell me about the VIP embarking? Is it much quicker/easier?

Tell me what you like about a suite over a balcony. Any other perks/bonuses?

Anyone have photos?

This is the old cat 11. VIP embarkation is nice (although I can't remember what it is like in San Juan, somebody I am sure will chip in). There is either a separate area or a separate room. Moves very quickly and you are the first group on the ship. For us, it is all about the extra space (room, jacuzzi tub and bigger bath, bigger balcony). No other perks. It will be fun. Enjoy your cruise! Let us know what you think when you return.

Have a terrific cruise and you will enjoy it even more in a suite! VIP embarkation and disembarkation are wonderful - you don't have to wait in the long lines with the masses. The cabin space is great and a balcony is a must for us. The major problem with a suite, though, is once you've had one you can't go back:D

Have a terrific cruise and you will enjoy it even more in a suite! VIP embarkation and disembarkation are wonderful - you don't have to wait in the long lines with the masses. The cabin space is great and a balcony is a must for us. The major problem with a suite, though, is once you've had one you can't go back:D

Yes, I now have that problem. We took an upsell from OS to GS on our 12 Dec Triumph cruise for $100, Amazing! We totally loved the Embark/Debark process for VIPs. Unfortunately, we only want Suites now.:eek:

Yes, I now have that problem. We took an upsell from OS to GS on our 12 Dec Triumph cruise for $100, Amazing! We totally loved the Embark/Debark process for VIPs. Unfortunately, we only want Suites now.:eek:

LOL that is a great deal!!

Unfortunately, that has happened to me too. Now i don't want to go back to balconies anymore. I love Cat 11 or Jr Suites. It is so much nicer. I love not having to wait in long lines. Miami is wonderful. The room you check in for VIP is so nice there. It is one of our favorite check ins . You have a dressing room to get ready too. It is nice for the girls to put on your makeup. We have done 3 of them. Have the next one ready for Feb .

Here is a link to my review which has some CAT 11 pictures...Have a great time!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1103972&highlight=quatchi

Loved your review! Great idea to take Quatchi with you. Maybe we should take one of his buddies. lol.

I'm sure we will love the suite, especially the VIP checkin after what's sure to be a hellish ordeal through the VYR airport these days. Oh well, no matter. In just a few days we'll be in the hot sun chillin :)

Archived