Happy new year

aussie2324

It's New Years already down there? Who wins the Jets game on Sunday? :confused:

LOL!!! You make me laugh! Sometimes I just come on CC to read your posts...they always seem to put a smile on my face! Happy New Year!:D

It's New Years already down there? Who wins the Jets game on Sunday? :confused:

Well if you are talking about the Newcastle Jets then of course they are going to win. We only live 20mins out of Newcastle, so we have to support them. Would be treason if we didn't. And regarding New Year yep we are in 2010 and will be always one step or one day ahead ahead of you all LOL :eek::p;):rolleyes:

Happy New Year! I saw "Raymond Terrace" and thought you might be in Adelaide which is where I'm from. Lived in Brisbane until two years ago and really miss it.

Raymond Terrace is just north of Sydney. My mothers family all come from South Australia. Mum was from Glenelge, Her sister's family live in Whyalla, we lived in Port Lincon & Naracortte, and the rest live in Gawler. My dad was in the RAAF that is how I ended up here. Married a civi and stayed, so how did you end up in the USA long way from home.

GOOD MORNING and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

HAPPY TWENTY TEN!!!

Y2K + 10 !!!!

SO... did Austrailia get that lunar eclipse??? Here it was during daylight... But we have a GREAT BLUE MOON!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

No lunar eclipse but we supposidly had a blue moon. Could not see it for the clouds. We have had nothing but rain for the last week. Which makes the air very humid due to the heat.

Raymond Terrace is just north of Sydney. My mothers family all come from South Australia. Mum was from Glenelge, Her sister's family live in Whyalla, we lived in Port Lincon & Naracortte, and the rest live in Gawler. My dad was in the RAAF that is how I ended up here. Married a civi and stayed, so how did you end up in the USA long way from home.

I lived in Peterborough until I was 6, my dad worked for the S.A. railway. Moved to Adelaide, then California when I was a teenager. Spent the next 30 years in San Francisco Bay Area, got married, had three kids, but Australia still felt like home to me!

We moved to Brisbane in November 2000, for a change of lifestyle, and spent the next seven years there. Absolutely loved it, very sorry to leave. My husband was offered a job in Charlotte with paid relocation, hard to refuse the offer. I expect that we'll be back in Oz in a couple of years, we have many good friends there.

I lived in Peterborough until I was 6, my dad worked for the S.A. railway. Moved to Adelaide, then California when I was a teenager. Spent the next 30 years in San Francisco Bay Area, got married, had three kids, but Australia still felt like home to me!

We moved to Brisbane in November 2000, for a change of lifestyle, and spent the next seven years there. Absolutely loved it, very sorry to leave. My husband was offered a job in Charlotte with paid relocation, hard to refuse the offer. I expect that we'll be back in Oz in a couple of years, we have many good friends there.

So moving from Adelaide to California is a big lifestyle change. Did your fathers work take you there ? We always hoped dad would get an overseas posting but it never happened. Were your parents from the states ?

So moving from Adelaide to California is a big lifestyle change. Did your fathers work take you there ? We always hoped dad would get an overseas posting but it never happened. Were your parents from the states ?

My parents emigrated separately from Germany in the mid fifties after the war, and met in Adelaide. They were "new Australians", unable to speak any English and worked alongside many other immigrants.

After struggling to raise six kids, they decided to move to America in 1971, my Uncle was living in California and was able to sponsor us.

It was a very difficult move, my father had no job prospects but managed to find a job as a baker after a couple of weeks here, a trade he'd learned in Germany (he also worked as a baker at Tip Top in Adelaide).

All of my family still lives in the town in California that we moved to, I'm the only one that's been back to Australia.

Archived