DVD Players on Splendor

CRUZN-IS-FUN

We will be on the Splendor on our 29th anniversary. I am planning to have the 8mm video of our wedding (which we have never seen) copied to DVD. I would like to give it to my husband on the ship so that we may watch it on our anniversary. Are there DVD players in the balcony rooms on the ship? Thanks.

Every time we looked there was not a place to set the portable player up,,power was not close.I think they do this so you have to watch only their stuff.

That is why professional cruisers bring extention cords and power strips.:D Oh and do not forget the bungy cord for the balcony door.:cool:

Tom in Long Beach

We will be on the Splendor on our 29th anniversary. I am planning to have the 8mm video of our wedding (which we have never seen) copied to DVD. I would like to give it to my husband on the ship so that we may watch it on our anniversary. Are there DVD players in the balcony rooms on the ship? Thanks.

What a wonderful idea! Congratulations on your 29th!

• 2 weeks later...

We also bring a cable converter thing. We've run into quite a few hotels that don't allow direct hook-ups to the tv - some kind of cable lock. I don't know about the ship tvs but we're always prepared.

• 2 months later...

We recently returned from a cruise on the Splendor. Based on information in this post, I hauled our DVD player, extension cord and appropriate cables as well as several DVDs for our kids to watch. My brother, myself, my husband and our room steward made many attempts to set it up. Won't work. The problem is that the ship provides a universal remote and there isn't a button on the remote or the tv to switch to video mode. I even asked at the front desk. So, save yourself the packing space and leave the DVDs at home.

The ship's TV does have 3 complimentary movies showing each day: 2 grown-up and 1 kids. If you wish to purchase a movie to watch, $8.99 a pop!

Archived