Adventure OTS, May 2, 2010, Transatlantic

K&JfromPDX

Hope everyone had a nice easter weekend (if applicable)...

Not too much longer till cruising.

I will be flying into SJU on May 1st late and stay the night before at Ocean Park.

So I will be on board and ready for the 1st FoD Meeting.

May 2nd, 5pm at the Sky Bar!

Take care!

]the party is about to begin..[/size]

champagne darlings!!!!![/quote]

I am ready to get on that ship NOW and parteeee!!!!!!!!!! :D

Champagne on tap please. Quantity is important.

I'm even tracking the ship with the link below to make sure it's in place and on time:

http://****************************/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Adventure+of+the+Seas

I will be arriving San Juan April 25 and staying 7 nights before the cruise. I am staying at the Wyndham Rio Mar Beach Resort. If anyone wants to meet up and have dinner on May 1st that would be great, just let me know. I am able to get transportation to downtown/old san san juan.

Mark Weitzel

I will be arriving San Juan April 25 and staying 7 nights before the cruise. I am staying at the Wyndham Rio Mar Beach Resort. If anyone wants to meet up and have dinner on May 1st that would be great, just let me know. I am able to get transportation to downtown/old san san juan.

Mark Weitzel

That's a great idea and perhaps we can get together even earlier than dinner. Also, maybe we can check out a club or 2 after dinner. I would love to see what the social life is like in PR.

I think the best plan is to share cell ph#s and call each other on May 1.

I should be checked in at the hotel by 3pm and will try to contact as many people as possible for evening plans.

I put my e-mail on my profile now so you can contact me for my cell#.

The Wyndham Rio Mar Beach Resort looks like a great resort especially for 7 days. Talk soon I hope.:)

Hey...

so it's 22 people at last count?

Enjoyssuites Steve, Mark & Tom West Coast

K&JfromPDX Keith & Jeff Portland, OR

Christefan Chris & Stefan Ft Lauderdale, FL

8373seth Seth & Todd Ohio

Levijohns Levi & Boris Ft Collins, CO ( ?? )

Jjb415 Jack San Francisco, CA

Andie berl Andreas Munich, Germany

Reinreiter Juan Ft Lauderdale, FL

Roger&Martin Roger & Martin Miami, FL

Mark Weitzel Mark Lancaster, PA

Klocke7 Kevin & Stephen Edinburgh UK

Cruiselovers21 Bernd & Eelko Bocholt/Amsterdam

Geminitraveler2 Alfred NYC

at least from this Forum. Cool! Should I bring name tags? ;)

Who is posting the daily FoD Meeting at the Message Board at Reception?

Hey...

so it's 22 people at last count?

Enjoyssuites Steve, Mark & Tom West Coast

K&JfromPDX Keith & Jeff Portland, OR

Christefan Chris & Stefan Ft Lauderdale, FL

8373seth Seth & Todd Ohio

Jjb415 Jack San Francisco, CA

Andie berl Andreas Munich, Germany

Reinreiter Juan Ft Lauderdale, FL

Roger&Martin Roger & Martin Miami, FL

Mark Weitzel Mark Lancaster, PA

Klocke7 Kevin & Stephen Edinburgh UK

Cruiselovers21 Bernd & Eelko Bocholt/Amsterdam

Geminitraveler2 Alfred NYC

at least from this Forum. Cool! Should I bring name tags? ;)

Who is posting the daily FoD Meeting at the Message Board at Reception?

I think we're closer to 20 because Boris and Levi haven't posted anything recently.

I think Juan said he'll post the daily FOD officially on the ship so we're covered there unless he tells us otherwise.

"Daily" is the key word becasue you do get a lot of people that pop up later in the cruise when it's posted every day.

Wow, soon we're we'll be on that ship!!!:D:D

Is it May 1st yet? Then all the packing and bs would be done!

Heavy clothing/coats aren't really going to be needed are they?

I/we definitely want to keep the baggage light and casual.

Jackets/wind breakers will do for me.

Climate records indicate that the afternoon temperatures should range from the 70s to the 80s with a chance that the last 3 days may drop to the 60s.

We're going to have it good. :):D:)

Gents:

I crossed the pond last year in April. No jackets required at all throughout the entire cruise. Was able to wear shorts throughout all stops. Warm weather every single day. I don't see why it could not be the same this year being one month later. I don't think you'll need anything to keep you warm unless you intend to walk the open decks late at night.

I will be posting for the nightly FOD gathering at the Champagne Bar on Deck 5 across from Guest Relations at 8:00 PM. I take it that we will still be having the FOD at 5 PM at the Sky Bar on sailaway day?

A friend of mine called me from San Juan today. He is departing on a Celebrity cruise tomorrow from San Juan to San Diego through the Panama Canal. He told me that last week the interline rate for our cruise was listed at $249 PP for an inside cabin. He said that at that price he might make it. I won't know until our day of departure when he'll text me if he is onboard. So it just may be one more. And this is not counting those that do noi know about Cruise Critic.

Juan

See what you're misssing?

We're gonna miss you ya'll as well but there's always the next cruise.

We'll keep eachother posted on future plans.

Fun is meant to be shared once you find it.:):D;)

Due to the Icelandic volcano ash all over europe, I fully expect Princess to cancel my cruise tomorrow, as I am supposed to fly first thing Sunday morning.... No planes have left the UK for 4 days!!!!

I will see what cabin and prices are available on Adventure right now and be ready to book if they do cancel me...

I will keep in touch...

Jonathan

Due to the Icelandic volcano ash all over europe, I fully expect Princess to cancel my cruise tomorrow, as I am supposed to fly first thing Sunday morning.... No planes have left the UK for 4 days!!!!

I will see what cabin and prices are available on Adventure right now and be ready to book if they do cancel me...

I will keep in touch...

Jonathan

It was meant to be!!! What are the chances that Volcanic ash would cover Europe? My fingers are crossed for good luck and I'm hoping to see you on board or even before. Keep us posted and let us know if you need help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Juan,

Thanks as always for your efforts and the added good news of yet another possible FOD cruiser on our ship.

I'll be there for the FOD at 5 PM at the Sky Bar on sailaway day and I'm sure everyone posting on this board will also.:):D:)

likely to be problems with flights even if cabins are available.. so going thru a big travel agent who can do all that with their own flights too...

glad I did the Princess cruise with flights, transfers and cruise all thru Princess or I would still be paying for a cruise I can't get on to!!!

Praying for rain here at the moment and a change in wind directions...

El Nino, where are you when we need you???!!

hello... I am sorry to hear about the flight situation for you... I am working for a european airline, all flights from northern europe are cancelled untill sundaymorning and might be cancelled untill Monday! Also the Vulcano is still active and more problems can come the next weerk, wich would be a problem for all of us europeans to make it to San Juan on time. Even if the flights are back on track, 1000´s of stranded passengers have to be rebooked and brought to their destination ... lets keep our fingers crossed!

The Adventure of the Seas TA sailing is fully booked, not even a guarentee inside cabine is available at this time. so it will be busy onboard ....

can be good - can be bad ;)

cheers.... from ashy Europe! see you all soon!

The Adventure of the Seas TA sailing is fully booked, not even a guarentee inside cabine is available at this time. so it will be busy onboard ....can be good - can be bad ;)

I noticed this too when my friend called me to tell me that he might show up. RCI does not show any cabins available at all. I don't know if some travel agents may still have some cabins themselves which they could release.

IT BETTER BE GOOD!!!;););)

Jon: Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you are able to arrange something at the last minute and that you can make it.

Hola Juan!

Well... normally the travel agencys give their open cabines back 3 weeks before... so I really guess its full. I have access to cruisingpower.com the booking engine of RCCL and its shows a full sailing... well maybe through the ash, some people wont show up - then he might have a chance!

Also I closely watched the interline rate, there was never a interline rate for only 249 USD for this sailing, cheapest ever was 449 USD and the last weeks it was even more not less.... oh well, anyway... see you all at 5 pm - skybar for drinks and fun!

Puh... cant wait !

I have an Outside Guarantee on hold til Monday, but they are talking $3000 inc flights!!!!!!

At first that seems like a crazy amount but then I calculated that my room mate and I are paying about $1300 ($600 $150 $550) for cruise plus flights it sounds o.k.

If you have to pay a 100% single supplement that would be about $1900 for the inside we have or $2200- $2300 for the outside you have on hold at the prices we're paying. If you could get a $500 reduction or OBC it will work out amost exactly the same as if you booked when we did. Also, our flight are very not direct, we don't have a guarantee on them etc so it all comes out to about the same to what I'm payng even without a reduction.

You know you're going to get more than $230 ($3000/13) a day worth of food, entertainment, transportation to exciting ports, hotel accomodations and overall fun. Satisfying the double occupancy is the key I think to value and you can't compare to the low interline rate since it is a perk from their employer.

Any way, I hope you come. I made my case for you to spend a lot of money becasue I think you won't regret it at all. Hus and kisses eitehr way :):D:)

I think at the current time they wont even sell anything that involves a flight!!

I will talk to them on Monday...

Just finished unpacking from this one.......

Boy do I need a holiday!!

Wow that sucks! With the price of the airfare you could just take a transatlantic this way and return on our trip!

I can't believe that it is only two weeks before we leave. I've been keeping track of the main board but I've neglected this board! :)

I tried to skim through all the post so forgive me if this was mentioned and I missed it. Some of you discussed doing My time Dining. I thought I read on the RCI website that MY Time Dining is not available on this cruise.

Hola Bernd and Eelko:

I did not know how long agencys keep their cabins but it did not make any sense that they would still hold them 2 weeks before departure. What would be the point? The ship must be full. Hoping for lots of FOD's and plenty of good times.;)

As you know by now, they are saying that the volcano is not showing any signs of letting up. Are you guys stranded too for now? Let's hope the situation eases by the time you leave.

I wonder if he was confused with another cruise. I thought $249 was way too low of a price.

Juan

I have an Outside Guarantee on hold til Monday, but they are talking $3000 inc flights!!!!!!

Ouch! To me, that sounds way over priced! I am paying $1100 for a balcony. And that is FULL price including single supplement. Slightly less than $2K including round trip flights.

I hope that you are able to find something more reasonable.

Archived