Board Ship On Which Deck?

cruisinnorth

Hi All,

When boarding the Ruby or any of that class of ships, which deck do you enter on to?

Thanks,

Dave

At a major terminal for em/disem-barkation, you usually enter on the Promenade deck. At enroute portcalls, you'll probably find the ships gangplank on a lower deck, one even lower than Plaza deck which is the lowest passenger cabin deck.

When boarding the Ruby or any of that class of ships, which deck do you enter on to?
Most of the time, at most embarkation ports, it's Promenade deck, deck 7 mid-ship where you enter into the Atrium for your first sight of the ship. There will be staff there to help direct you to your cabin. On port days, embarkation is either deck 4 or deck 5 at two entry points, forward and mid-ship.

Boarding door location is dependent on many factors:

Tide cycles / time of day

Pier height

Type of ladder or jetway provided by the shore people

Security level

Which side of ship faces the pier. Embarcation doors are rarely the same on both sides.

Which ship you are on. All Grand Class ships do not have the same design for embarcation doors.

I have seen boarding doors change from Decks 4,5,6,and 7 in a single day.

In some ports, forward cabins board on one deck, aft cabins on another.

In some ports, if your name is from A to L, you board on one level; M to Z on another.

In some ports, gangways are closed/moved to accommodate truck traffic or loading.

In some ports, local officials insist on using a particular deck. The ships comply.

Hi All,

So, the answer is: Some where between deck 4 and 7, forward or midship. Well, that's OK, adds a little adventure to coming on board.

Thanks for the timely answers, we will find out for certain tomorrow, the third, sometime around noon at Port Everglades.

I don't know why I needed that information, I guess I just needed something to do to keep the planning alive now that everything is packed, printed, charged and ready to go. :D

Ciao,

Dave

Archived