Hotel Recommendation- San Juan, PR? 1/21

Greengo

Also big on priceline, for $15 extra + resort fee got Conrad Hilton which was very nice. Next time will try to get the Sheraton or something else closer to Old San Juan to be closer to the excitement.

Stay at any of the hotels in the Condado. The Condado area is in New San Juan and has a great night life BUT a short taxi ride away from Old San Juan so you can spend the day there.

By the way - the traditional Puerto Rican restaurants in the Condado are fantastic. Try Ajili Mojili on Ashworth Ave. OUTSTANDING!!!

Only stay in town? I disagree with that one....I got the Intercontinental

in Isle Verde on Priceline for 100.00:D..that is a nice area to stay in

as well.

As other posters have stated, it depends on where you want to stay, how much you want to spend, and what you are wanting to do ... I can personally recommend Hotel Milano (if you are looking to a less expensive alternative to El Convento while still staying in a great location in Old San Juan where you can walk to everywhere). We have also stayed out of town at Tres Palmas which is located in the middle of the Isle Verde/Condado neighborhoods and is directly across from the beach (but you would have to take a cab into Old San Juan). If you are looking to stay at a large resort the Hilton is nice as well. I would check out www.tripadvisor.com for candid reviews from fellow travelers from the places you are considering. :)

Jenny

P.S.

Don't get me wrong, El Convento is beautiful but is quite a bit more expensive than the above listed places. Even if you don't stay there, be sure to stop by for a drink in their courtyard!

We stayed at the Hilton before a Princess cruise a few years ago and thought it was great. My daughter in SIL did a vacation in SJ and stayed at the Marriott--they really liked it too.

I think if you bid on priceline for a four star or higher, it will be a nice hotel.

If you want assurance, go to tripadvisor.com as recommended and read the reviews.

Of course, the Hilton at $90 might result in a better review than if you paid the rack rate of $300!

We stayed at the Hilton before a Princess cruise a few years ago and thought it was great. My daughter in SIL did a vacation in SJ and stayed at the Marriott--they really liked it too.

I think if you bid on priceline for a four star or higher, it will be a nice hotel.

If you want assurance, go to tripadvisor.com as recommended and read the reviews.

Of course, the Hilton at $90 might result in a better review than if you paid the rack rate of $300!

Archived