Bomb Scare on Summit

Ohio Bob

HMMMMM. No more information? I googled it and came up with nothing. Is this a hoax?

Hi Patty, I googled it too....found an I REPORT but I can't seem to copy and paste it here.....

HMMMMM. No more information? I googled it and came up with nothing. Is this a hoax?

Hi Patty, I googled it too....found an I REPORT but I can't seem to copy and paste it here.....

Hello,

The "Events at Sea" site is listing another (later) passenger report saying that passengers were being fed ashore while authorities searched ship:

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html

In my opinion, the lack of mainstream newswire reports doesn't invalidate the "citizen journalism" report on CNN, nor indicate that the report posted by users are innacurate.

These days user-reported information tends to lead major media sources to the story, not the other way around ;-)

Johncn

I am on the summit right now. It is true that there was a bomb scare but they did not evacuate the ship.They only evacuated the area where the bomb was They just did not let anyone on the ship for a few hours. I was on the ship oblivious to what was happeningbut my family was not. They said celebrity handled it very well. They brought out drinks and sandwiches for those who were waiting online outside.

The captain came on the loudspeaker late afternoon and explained during a monthly check of the crew quarters something suspicious looking was found. They called the police, FBI and bombsquad. It turned out to be nothing.

Again, Celebrity handled the whole situation very well.

with the events of the last week I think everyone is being hyper-vigilant. (a good think in my opinion) I am glad everything worked out . I hope everyone on Summit enjoys the rest of the cruise.

I am glad it turned out to be nothing, but I have to admit that has rattled me a little. Right or wrong I never considered that things like that would happen on a cruise ship. I know there are dangers everywhere but somehow I always felt safe on a cruise. I was badly hurt on an excursion (which will cause me life long problems) but I still participate in excursions. I guess I always thought of a ship as a refuge for the realities of real life!

I am on the summit right now. It is true that there was a bomb scare but they did not evacuate the ship.They only evacuated the area where the bomb was They just did not let anyone on the ship for a few hours. I was on the ship oblivious to what was happeningbut my family was not. They said celebrity handled it very well. They brought out drinks and sandwiches for those who were waiting online outside.

The captain came on the loudspeaker late afternoon and explained during a monthly check of the crew quarters something suspicious looking was found. They called the police, FBI and bombsquad. It turned out to be nothing.

Again, Celebrity handled the whole situation very well.

Good news.......:):):)

Bob

Archived