We had an AMAZING Dream 12/26 - 1/2

balcony bound

I really enjoyed your pictures. We are going on the Dream 5/1/10. We will be in the wrap around 7459. I have a question,,,sounds like a stupid question, but,,,,I saw your pictures of the inside of the cabin with the windows. How do you get out to the balcony? Is it just a small door? No sliding glass doors? How was the bathroom? I did not see any pictures of it. Enough room in the shower?

Hi Howard, you're going to have a great time!

How to get to the balcony -- there is a door. In this photo, you see the "wood" door that goes to the bathroom. On the Right next to it (not really visabable in the photo) is a glass door that leads to the balcony.

2477049390106048266S600x600Q85.jpg

The bathroom is standard size, pretty roomy - and while the shower is small, we didn't have any trouble with it's size. You can always head up to the spa for a quite large shower if you like.

Happy cruising!!!

Thanks,,

Isn't there an additional charge to use the spa?

Hi Howard, you're going to have a great time!

How to get to the balcony -- there is a door. In this photo, you see the "wood" door that goes to the bathroom. On the Right next to it (not really visabable in the photo) is a glass door that leads to the balcony.

2477049390106048266S600x600Q85.jpg

The bathroom is standard size, pretty roomy - and while the shower is small, we didn't have any trouble with it's size. You can always head up to the spa for a quite large shower if you like.

Happy cruising!!!

Thanks, Matt!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review, I hope to read yours when you return.:D

I keep saying I'm jealous of everyone sailing now, and we hope to get aboard the Dream again one of these days very soon.

Enjoy your cruise - you know it will be awesome!

• 2 months later...
I have to start by saying - what an amazing ship, we loved her. I think our entire first day was spent saying "wow"! If you are looking for negative comments about the Dream, you won’t find them in this review.

We were overly ready for this cruise. We had to cancel one earlier in the year due to health issues and it was a long, hard year for us. I read all of the early reviews about the Dream and got a little antsy about our cruise. I realize that different folks can have totally different cruises on the same ship, even during the same week. I could only hope that a positive attitude and good manners along with my absolute love of cruising would result in a wonderful time.

We were booked in cabin 8466, which was controversial early on. It is a 9A (now 9C) aft-wrap, and early reports were that the cabin was tiny and the balcony didn’t wrap. Thanks to many folks bringing the balcony issue to the attention of Carnival and John Heald, the balcony partition was relocated giving it more of a wrap several weeks before we left. (balcony pictures in a bit)

I got up way too early Saturday morning for our embarkation. We live only 15 minutes from the port, so 3:00 am was a tad premature:) By the time my SIL came by to drop us off at the port, I had worn a hole in the carpet with my pacing and I had posted here while waiting - that helped.

2353040690106048266S500x500Q85.jpg

Even though I had seen Dream in port many times prior to this morning, the first glimpses had me grinning ear to ear.

2540881930106048266S500x500Q85.jpg

We were about the 4th folks to check in and after a short wait, we were onboard and having our first DODs

2019775730106048266S500x500Q85.jpg

and a lovely lunch by 11:00 with lots of complimentary champagne. The pallea was outstanding (love the crawfish), and I really liked the mango cookies!

2635809140106048266S500x500Q85.jpg

I couldn’t wait to explore this new adventure, and I wasn’t disappointed as we found our way about. We were in love. Gorgeous! Host Mach had alluded to a repeating theme and many surprises - and I smiled and laughed as I noticed them.

i'm glad u had a great time its nice to here a good reveiw instead lots of negative ones did u use the spa i have booked a spa cabin so will have all acsess to cant wait to have my dream

• 1 year later...

Not sure how I missed this review the first time around, but I am glad I found it now! I am sailing on the Dream in just a bit over 2 months, and reading your review and seeing your pictures is making even more excited that I already am!

Praying that things are going well with your dear hubby, and that your both have many more opportunities to sit and watch that beautiful blue water from your balcony!

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, we can only sail during school holidays - blast this teaching job!;) We are "used to" paying premium prices - but paying $1,000 more for the Dream over the Glory or Valor is hard to swallow! We would get ES, and I check daily for price drops for my cruises - would hopefully get one or two since we are booking so early. I would definitely think of buying the spa bracelet for dh - I wouldn't use it, so I would just get it for him. Again, thanks for the help - can't wait to read the rest of the review!

Same here. I am a teacher as well. We usually sail RCL but I convinced my fiance to check out Carnival so we could cruise this summer and here we are. We even opted for the inside cabin this time to save even more money. Too bad we can't get vacation days like a lot of other jobs. :( Especially because I work all summer too!! I have to say that a cruise seems to still be the cheapest week long vacation even in the summertime.

DaisyGirl, thank you so much for your well wishes - Hubby is doing GREAT these days:)

You'll have an awesome time on the Dream, and I'm glad this review helped with the excitement factor. I'm certainly looking forward to our upcoming repeat, especially since our weather will be warmer than last time. Can't wait to get a pass for that spa, either!

Archived