We had an AMAZING Dream 12/26 - 1/2

balcony bound

loved your review! i was on the dream right after you on jan 2 and couldn't agree with you more about the ship, crew and food to name a few! i miss it so...haha. a week def wasn't enough time to explore and do everything you want on the dream! i know i have my list if my family ever gets back to the dream.

ps-your bunny is adorable!!

So nice to hear that you enjoyed your cruise on the Dream, also! Yep, we need at least 2 or 3 weeks to truly enjoy ourselves, don't we.

I'll be sure to pass your compliment on to Gunny, but he knows he's adorable (and spoiled rotten).

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

We just booked on Carnival Dream, cabin #8462. Can you please tell me anything about it?? I am reading all sorts of mixed information...some people and pics show an extra large balcony while others say the partition has been moved and it isnt that large. Was the room spacious for you? Thanks!

Hi there!

We just booked on Carnival Dream, cabin #8462. Can you please tell me anything about it?? I am reading all sorts of mixed information...some people and pics show an extra large balcony while others say the partition has been moved and it isnt that large. Was the room spacious for you? Thanks!

We were in 8466 (pictures shown in this review) - 8462 was next to us. The partition between 8466 and 8462 was moved in December, you can see from my photos where it used to be. While moving the partition made the balcony for 8462 smaller, we did see it and it is still much larger than a regular sized balcony. It is not a wrap, just an extra long balcony.

Hope that helps!

Happy cruising.

Thank you so much for your fabulous review! We are sailing on her this coming August with 17 friends that we met on cruise critic when we sailed the Destiny in 2008. We are from all over the U.S. and can't wait to get together with everyone again for our "Dream" reunion.

I am so glad to hear that you "loved" the Dream. As most people have said, all the negative reviews were getting me a little down but now after reading yours I am more excited than ever. I know it will be here and gone before I know it, but I can't wait and I know we are going to have a fantastic time!

Thanks again for taking the time to do this. I wish you, your husband and your pets a happy, healthy and fabulous 2010 with lots of good things to come.

All the best,

Maureen, I am so glad you enjoyed my review and found it helpful. The Dream really is wonderful, and I have to say I keep looking for the right time for us to cruise on her again. You will be having a fantastic time in a short while, and I'll look forward to reading your review when you get back.

Thank you so much for your well-wishes.

BalconyBound....at some point in the thread (I think page 7) you mention that your next stop is Belize but I went back through this thread 3 times and couldn't find anything written about that...Did you not get off the ship in Belize??? Was just wondering????

Thanks again for such a great review. I hope I will be able to do as good a job as you did when we get back in August...this is going to be hard to beat!!!

I matched it very close and painted my living room in it, and it is gorgeous. The color is called Briney and I believe it was sherman williams. i am out of town, but will post a pic when I get home.

I tried to match the color for my laundry room! I found a color called Caribbean Sky which is very nice, but still not quite right. It does make me happy when I'm in there.

thank you for making the time til my Carnival Dream cruises sail by. I love reviews with lots of pictures.

Hope all is progressing well for your husband.

Aww, you are entirely welcome!

Even though my time on the Dream is over, I still like to read other's reviews. I have a suspicion I will be sailing her again soon!

I wish for you a most wonderful cruise!

BalconyBound....at some point in the thread (I think page 7) you mention that your next stop is Belize but I went back through this thread 3 times and couldn't find anything written about that...Did you not get off the ship in Belize??? Was just wondering????

Thanks again for such a great review. I hope I will be able to do as good a job as you did when we get back in August...this is going to be hard to beat!!!

Um, yep. We went to Belize. I even wrote about it with a few pictures - but the great internet seemed to have gobbled it up! I noticed the same thing later.

I will say that we had already decided to stay aboard at Belize, and it was a good decision as it was raining cats and dogs - hard. The last time we visted Belize we did the cave tubing (through Carnival's excursion desk) and had a great time. The only other thing I wanted to do there was some snorkeling, and the weather just wasn't with us.

So, we spent that day visiting the spa several times, and hanging out with Minerva:) I miss her fruity cocktails!!

Later that night we spent time on the Lido watching a movie... a great "extra" sea day.

So, the fact that the internet gobbled up that day was no great tragedy:)

I will be looking for your cruise review! You will have a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear about it.

Happy cruising!!!

What an awesome review. You had some incredible pictures in your review and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful vacation. Happy cruising!

Thank you so much for the compliment! It truly is a fantastic ship and a memorable cruise. Cannot WAIT to do it again. I'm jealous of everyone who has their cruise on Dream booked.

Thanks Balcony Bound...Your review was tremendous and definitely gets the excitement pumping. I can't wait until our cruise in August.

I was curious about Belize because our whole group (19 of us) is scheduled to go cavetuibing there with a private tour company. I am hoping that the weather cooperates and we will be able to get this excursion in. It sounds like so much fun!

No matter what happens though, I know we will have a great time just relaxing and enjoying each other's company!!!

Hopefully I can write a review as good as yours!

I just would like to let you know your review is awesome! I will be cruising on DREAM August 21st........and can not wait. You have help make me more excited about this ship. Thank You again for a GREAT GREAT REVIEW!

BTW how is your husband doing? I hope all is well.

Thanks again, Dana :)

I just would like to let you know your review is awesome! I will be cruising on DREAM August 21st........and can not wait. You have help make me more excited about this ship. Thank You again for a GREAT GREAT REVIEW!

BTW how is your husband doing? I hope all is well.

Thanks again, Dana :)

Dana, I'm happy that you enjoyed the review! The Dream is wonderful, and you'll have an amazing Dream too, when your turn arrives!

Hubby is good. He's recovering from a radioactive iodine treatment, and it was hard when he was in the hospital and not allowed visitors, but better now. The treatment didn't work, so we'll see what happens over the next few months. I have faith.

Thanks so much for your review and pictures. We'll be sailing on Dream in June and can't wait.

You mentioned having lunch with champagne on embarkation day. Was that the lunch in the dining room that someone else here has asked about?

Enjoy you're cruise, Julie!

The champagne was because it was a New Year's cruise. New Year's cruises are pretty special (and pricey) - free champagne embarkation day and NYE. We've really enjoyed the couple times we've cruised for NYE.

BalconyBound Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review !! I am very excited for my upcoming cruise !

Just wondering a few things ?

- Would a portside be better ? I saw your photos

coming into the port... do think I would have that view on the Starboard side ? I am in a cove balcony room.

Also regarding Dinning times ? I chose the Early dinning time so I can have time to watch shows.... Is this wise ?I am now thinking that I will miss the Sunset ? Also when we are on Port I will have to come back early or miss my Dinner in the dinningroom , I was thinking the Steakhouse would be a good option that night ?

Thank you again !

Hi Sunnyday!

We like portside. That doesn't always mean we have the best views coming into port, each port is different. It looks like you are going the Eastern route, and I'm not sure which would be the best for you. Either port or starboard - each have their pluses. The last time I recall docking in St. Thomas, for instance, starboard had the view of the port.

We also usually choose early dining times so we can see an earlier show. It will still be daylight savings time for your cruise, so sunset will be right around the time you finished eating, so no worries there.

There is no bad night to visit Chef's Art! If you make reservations on a port night, make sure you leave plenty of time to finish having fun in port. We like to make our reservations on Sea Days, as something extra to look forward to.

I am sure you will enjoy your cruise as much as we did. Make sure you come back and tell us about it, okay? and HAVE FUN! You only have 23 more weekends before you leave:)

Balcony Bound, thank you so much for your review. We are sailing on May 15th on the Dream in the same room, the same itinerary. I loved hearing the positive review. I never could understand how people can complain about standing in lines, etc., you're on vacation, you've got all the time in the world! I have a couple questions about the room. We have heard that the room does not and then heard that it does have a couch. Can you confirm this either way? Also if it does not have a couch will the luggage fit under the bed? I was also wondering is this a spa deck? I think I heard that you can not smoke on the balcony of a spa deck. I am a smoker but I don't need to smoke in the room, but the deck would be nice. This is only our 2nd cruise and the first one was planned for us so we are a little lost but learning a great deal through reviews like yours. Thanks again!

Hi Cindi!

No couch in 8466, and yes, the luggage will fit under the bed easily!!!

You'll enjoy "my" cabin, no doubt about it. This is not the spa level, so you are fine with smoking on the balcony. Well, for that matter, you could smoke in the room, there are no rules against it -

I'm totally jealous. I would LOVE to be cruising the Dream again in that exact cabin. Enjoy the balcony and the convenience to the lido and also the dining rooms!

Oh dear. I have an overwhelming desire to call my PVP and book...:D

Have a terrific cruise!!!!!

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I have never been on a Carnival cruise before(only been on Celebrity), but was considering the Dream for next April. After reading your review I cannot wait to book. Thanks so much. My prayers are with you and your husband.

pdcat, thank you! I am sure that you will enjoy cruising on the Dream and hope you got yourself booked. We met some folks who were cruising Carnival for the first time, they had cruised with Celebrity - and they told us how much they were enjoying their cruise. Personally, I can't imagine anything but a good cruise no matter which line you choose! Have fun, and enjoy every moment.

Hi Sunnyday!

We like portside. That doesn't always mean we have the best views coming into port, each port is different. It looks like you are going the Eastern route, and I'm not sure which would be the best for you. Either port or starboard - each have their pluses. The last time I recall docking in St. Thomas, for instance, starboard had the view of the port.

We also usually choose early dining times so we can see an earlier show. It will still be daylight savings time for your cruise, so sunset will be right around the time you finished eating, so no worries there.

There is no bad night to visit Chef's Art! If you make reservations on a port night, make sure you leave plenty of time to finish having fun in port. We like to make our reservations on Sea Days, as something extra to look forward to.

I am sure you will enjoy your cruise as much as we did. Make sure you come back and tell us about it, okay? and HAVE FUN! You only have 23 more weekends before you leave:)

Thank you again for your review & I will be sure to write one also !!! :p

I really enjoyed your pictures. We are going on the Dream 5/1/10. We will be in the wrap around 7459. I have a question,,,sounds like a stupid question, but,,,,I saw your pictures of the inside of the cabin with the windows. How do you get out to the balcony? Is it just a small door? No sliding glass doors? How was the bathroom? I did not see any pictures of it. Enough room in the shower?

Archived