All things- Silver Spirit!

Host Dan

We are looking forward to our first cruise on board the Silversea

Rather than wade thur the thread could you please repeat the time and place in the pre cruise get together and planned events on board

We expect to finalize our air with Silverseas tommorrow, accommodations, and then move on to the shore excursions

I have some friends that will be on the Spirit July 24th to Rome. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to how to get from the port in Citivechia, (Probably spelled wrong), to the St. Regis is Rome? Any advice on this and tours in Rome would be great.:)

I strongly recommend contacting Romecabs.com. The owner, Stefano, responds promptly. He will provide a lovely private trip in a Mercedes sedan from Civitavecchia to anywhere in Rome for less than the cost of the Silversea bus. Same with trips from hotel to airport. He also does wonderful Rome tours, though they can be pricey.

great news hope it goes fleet wide.

This is great news. I am sure there will be plenty of places where smokers can do their thing. We non-smokers deserve to have a place where we can enjoy the smoke-free environment.

If you are concerned about this (we were, too, when we were on the 6th deck) but had our travel agent change it to the 8th deck. Perhaps you might consider this as well.

We are looking forward to our first cruise on board the Silversea

Rather than wade thur the thread could you please repeat the time and place in the pre cruise get together and planned events on board

We expect to finalize our air with Silverseas tommorrow, accommodations, and then move on to the shore excursions

My apologies. Cancel the request. Was not intended for this thread

DEAN

• 3 weeks later...

Had an e-mail from Capt. Corsaro yesterday. He started his vacation last Saturday and he'll return to Silver Spirit in October. He plans to spend some time with his boys and do some traveling around Europe during his time off.

Had an e-mail from Capt. Corsaro yesterday. He started his vacation last Saturday and he'll return to Silver Spirit in October. He plans to spend some time with his boys and do some traveling around Europe during his time off.

Thanks Doug

Hope we have an opportunity to meet him on our upcoming Transatlantic

My husband and I went on a cruise in May of this year on the new ship, Silver Spirit. What should have been a great time was a disastor! We had to change cabins twice, and the last cabin was flooded for 3 days from the neighboring cabin's waste water. Gross! Silversea was not very interested in helping us, and I am getting no where with the Silversea corporation. They are almost impossible to reach and they frankly don't care that our 30th anniversary was ruined. Any ideas? Until then DON't go on a Silversea cruise.:mad:

If I might suggest:

1. Follow Doug's advice- start with your TA and up front he/she should be asking for whatever your objective is i.e. monetary consideration
  2. If your TA gets no satisfaction, then try contacting the President directly by mail with a very detail factual polite letter, hopefully backed up with photos
  3. If still no satisfaction, I would forward your letter on to Conde Nast ombudsman requesting assistance. He has an outstanding track record on getting results

I will be extremely surprised if you do not get satisfactory result. Silversea is a quality operation and is top rated (5 stars) by Douglas Ward, the author of Berltiz Complete Guide to Cruising and Cruise Ships

We are looking forward to our first cruise on board the Silversea Spirit in October. We have followed the many threads on the Spirit and this is the first one that reports such a problem. Special thanks to the many excellent suggestions by Dougburns and Colonel Wes which we will be following on our cruise

All the best on your efforts

DEAN

If I might suggest:
  1. Follow Doug's advice- start with your TA and up front he/she should be asking for whatever your objective is i.e. monetary consideration
  2. If your TA gets no satisfaction, then try contacting the President directly by mail with a very detail factual polite letter, hopefully backed up with photos
  3. If still no satisfaction, I would forward your letter on to Conde Nast ombudsman requesting assistance. He has an outstanding track record on getting results

I will be extremely surprised if you do not get satisfactory result. Silversea is a quality operation and is top rated (5 stars) by Douglas Ward, the author of Berltiz Complete Guide to Cruising and Cruise Ships

We are looking forward to our first cruise on board the Silversea Spirit in October. We have followed the many threads on the Spirit and this is the first one that reports such a problem. Special thanks to the many excellent suggestions by Dougburns and Colonel Wes which we will be following on our cruise

All the best on your efforts

DEAN

excellent suggestion; we are also loyal Siversea travellers and have seen many positive critiques about the new Spirit and are looking forward to our travels on it in November.I can assure you if it's not up to snuff it WILL be reported but based on past experiences i have complete confidence that it will exceed our expectations !:o

My husband and I went on a cruise in May of this year on the new ship, Silver Spirit. What should have been a great time was a disastor! We had to change cabins twice, and the last cabin was flooded for 3 days from the neighboring cabin's waste water. Gross! Silversea was not very interested in helping us, and I am getting no where with the Silversea corporation. They are almost impossible to reach and they frankly don't care that our 30th anniversary was ruined. Any ideas? Until then DON't go on a Silversea cruise.:mad:

I always find it interesting when someone that has never posted any message on this board posts a disasterious expereince. Can there be some problems? Of course. My wife and I were on the Spirit in May for 5 year anniversary and it was spectacular.

Neilio

Nevertheless, they are entitled to their opinion.

Entitled to their opinion...absolutely. Making a blanket statement for everyone to stay away from SilverSea until they are satisified with a remedy.....Pure and utter nonsnese. I very much doubt the vailidity of any of this.....

Entitled to their opinion...absolutely. Making a blanket statement for everyone to stay away from SilverSea until they are satisified with a remedy.....Pure and utter nonsnese. I very much doubt the vailidity of any of this.....

You may not have seen Domer's post- "We were in cabin 712 in May and there was all sorts of trouble around 725 with fans in the passageway etc."

Confirms there was a problem on board the Spirit on the May cruise

I wish gourmetbelle all the success in their efforts for a satisfactory resolution and hope they will use this thread to keep us informed.

DEAN

I'd like to hear more details but gourmetbelle hasn't bothered to answer any questions about cabin numbers etc.

Was it just the cabin problem or was everything else a disaster as well, i.e. food & service.

Cheers

Jennifer

Archived