All things- Silver Spirit!

Host Dan

the Veranda bathroom seemed roomy (my photos didn't include the tub area), and the shower is much, much better than the one on the Whisper/Shadow, and is also better than the shower in the Spirit Silver Suite.

Dieter

Interesting that the Veranda shower is better than the Silver Suite. Can I ask why that is?

sdgolf, the shower in the Silver Suite is wider side to side and does have a small low shelf/foot rest. However, it is narrow front to back with the shower centered in front. The door is flat and has a very weak closure. It is very easy to back into the shower door, which opens easily, allowing the shower to spray over the bathroom floor.

The Veranda Suite shower is longer front to back with a curved door which makes it feel much roomier. The door also closes firmly with a strong magnetic catch. No leakage. There are two convenient high shelves (the Silver has only one). However, it does lack the low shelf/foot rest.

sdgolf, the shower in the Silver Suite is wider side to side and does have a small low shelf/foot rest. However, it is narrow front to back with the shower centered in front. The door is flat and has a very weak closure. It is very easy to back into the shower door, which opens easily, allowing the shower to spray over the bathroom floor.

The Veranda Suite shower is longer front to back with a curved door which makes it feel much roomier. The door also closes firmly with a strong magnetic catch. No leakage. There are two convenient high shelves (the Silver has only one). However, it does lack the low shelf/foot rest.

Impressive depth of details, wellseasoned, thanks. Trying to decide between the veranda and the silver. Leaning toward the SS, but it's not a done deal.

Hi Debbie...

I don't think that lasted much beyond Lisbon! There's generally just one show time now.

Craig - long time no post!

What's happening on Spirit? Itinerary - ship - service - food - all those things that make life worthwhile.....;)

Mary Ann

Craig, thanks for the reply on the showtimes. Darn. We really liked the show being before dinner every day. I guess you can't have everything.

Debbie, I've been told by Silversea that the early shows were cancelled because people having spa treatments at that time complained about the noise coming from the theater, which is just below the Spa.

Craig - long time no post!

What's happening on Spirit? Itinerary - ship - service - food - all those things that make life worthwhile.....;)

Mary Ann

Hi Mary Ann!

Great to "see" you. I'll post a review when I get home but by-and-large this has bee an very good voyage!

FYI...the karaoke machine is up and running on the Spirit. We had a surprisingly good turn out tonight! Afterwards (at about 1230AM) it morphed into a very popular disco.

Craig,

That should improve your cruising experience;).

Will you post your review here or on a separte thread?

Thanks,

Paul

Wow on the shows affecting people's spa treatments. What a shame because many people attended those early shows on the maiden voyage, and it was so nice to have that option. It seems there have been a number of issues where people were affected by noise in one area while they were trying to enjoy another. Of course more people were watching that show than sitting in the spa, but the spa is a revenue item, and the show is a cost item.

Regarding the new toiletries, nobody on our side of our deck got them because our butler said they were on the ship but they could not get them yet. He also said they were out of the Aqua de Parma (which would have been OK if the replacement was available).

nice write up on both Stars & Seishin (w/new chicken/beef option)

pls see link below:

http://www.cruisereport.com/crBlogDetail.aspx?id=582&bmst=Y

I have to disagree with the food write-up of STARS. It's a concept that looks good on paper but fails in its execution. For example, each item is literally one bite yet they make a big production of the seasonings on the table. You can't season something unless you've tasted it but, in STARS once you've tasted it, it's gone.

The food itself is average at best and its delivery is disjointed...there's no natural progression to the meal. This is evidenced by the order of the dishes that ends with the pasta.

The entertainment in STARS is excellent. Micki and Eric provide a wonderful ambiance. They will be on the Spirit until 05JUN when they'll be replaced by the returning, and equally excellent Alfreda and Volodymyr.

I'd happily go to STARS for an afterdinner drink or snack and to listen to the music and chat with friends, but I wouldn't return there for a full meal.

I agree with Craig regarding a meal in Stars. It's nice for some after dinner socializing, drinks, and a snack, but not for dinner. Our favorite was the stone grill. I hope they continue it and expand it. Craig; If you happen to run into Dr. Jim and Jane Baird in the Panorama Lounge, please say hello to them from Miss Lynn and me. They'll be with Mike and Linda there in the evening before dinner for sure. Hope you and Will are having a great cruise. We can't wait to get back to Spirit.

I agree with Craig regarding a meal in Stars. It's nice for some after dinner socializing, drinks, and a snack, but not for dinner. Our favorite was the stone grill. I hope they continue it and expand it. Craig; If you happen to run into Dr. Jim and Jane Baird in the Panorama Lounge, please say hello to them from Miss Lynn and me. They'll be with Mike and Linda there in the evening before dinner for sure. Hope you and Will are having a great cruise. We can't wait to get back to Spirit.

Hi Doug...

Silversea kicked us off in Acapulco so we're home in Chicago now. I'll post a fuller review but the service aboard ship markedly improved from the first few weeks.

The Hot Rock Grill is going to be moved to the main pool deck soon to allow for more guests to dine and to increase the server's safety. It's a bit of a disaster waiting to happen to have waitstaff climbing steps on a moving ship with a hot stone!

Hi to Lynn!

Archived