Fun Pass questions

G&TQ

When completing the fun pass is there an advantage to indicating you are flying instead of driving. Will you get assigned an earlier debarkaction number letter..time??? I was just wondering as on the last trip we were in a stamped and then the horrible lines... everyone debarking with luggage ect...

If you are doing self debarkation, probably wouldnt help. If you have a early flight that you can show them at the purser's desk, and get a low number, they will move you up to a lower number so you can get off fast.

Triumph did have a early self debarkation, which I had not seen before. We had to do it, because my mom had miscounted out my sister's seizure pills and we ran out and needed to start home asap and they let us off with the first group off triumph with the VIPs and platinum. (from now on I will double check my mom's counting).

Thanks Firefly. We are driving. I was just wonder is I indicate flying out if it would make a difference on when we can debark!

I would think you may be asked to show proof of your flight time... if not then what is to stop everyone from saying they have a flight to catch to try to get off earlier...right? ;)

On my two most recent cruises, I recall them asking for proof at the purser's desk of your early flight in order to get different debarkation tickets for your luggage.

The self disembark works great and you'll get off earlier. Provided you can carry off all your luggage off without needing assistance. My wife and I used that on Inspiration and Valor and it was terrific.

It is very easy to doctor a legitimate travel itinerary to show an earlier flight time, if you want to show it to the purser's office to disembark early. They don't actually look up the flights to ensure the time you show matches the actual departure time for that flight number.

Of course, some would consider that dishonest and I wouldn't necessarily disagree. But it is an option.

It is very easy to doctor a legitimate travel itinerary to show an earlier flight time, if you want to show it to the purser's office to disembark early. They don't actually look up the flights to ensure the time you show matches the actual departure time for that flight number.

Of course, some would consider that dishonest and I wouldn't necessarily disagree. But it is an option.

I agree but if the OP is driving why not do self assist.. and leave the legit people who actually have early flights the option to get off and make their flight... ;)

Maybe they have a wedding to get to. Or maybe disembarking an hour early will give them a one and only chance to visit with grand-children/grand-parents before driving 500 miles back to wherever in time for whatever deadline, or ...

LOL or or or....:D

I did self assist on the Splendor, it was great in terms of getting off early. I think the only issue we had was that we were told to leave our room before it was actually time to do so...and the people directing foot traffic were a bit rude, but to be fair, many of the pax were even more rude. Once that was all out of the way...it was very easy to hop in our car, and head off for the long drive back home.

This time we are flying in, and our flight leaves Miami at 4pm. I will probably try to stay on this ship as long as I can, before required to disembark...because I will be waiting in the airport a very, very long time.:D

I just want to avoid the cattle call and get on the road. We have a 6 hr drive home with a stop to pick up are little man from his grandma which will probably make it an 8 hr drive and we want to miss Atlanta Rush hour traffic. We have done the self asst in the past but it felt like everyone was doing it.

Nothing deragtory about the phrase cattle call it just felt like one everyone hearded down line pooling around the elevators the stoping and starting oh and that is just getting off the ship. then you have customs....

I just want to avoid the cattle call and get on the road. We have a 6 hr drive home with a stop to pick up are little man from his grandma which will probably make it an 8 hr drive and we want to miss Atlanta Rush hour traffic. We have done the self asst in the past but it felt like everyone was doing it.

Nothing deragtory about the phrase cattle call it just felt like one everyone hearded down line pooling around the elevators the stoping and starting oh and that is just getting off the ship. then you have customs....

That was my point exactly.. everyone does everything to try and avoid the cattle call.. and it ruins it for those that actually need to use it... self assist is there so you can make an early flight.. or in your case get on the road early.. but for the amount of people that rush down with luggage they can barely carry.. holds up those that actually need it... you maybe able to ask the purser for an early off tag and explain your situation.. but I think their main priority are those with early flights... honestly.. if I missed my flight because someone didn't want to hit rush hour traffic I would be ticked off... nothing against you.. but that is the way it goes and I wish Carnival would enforce it more than they do..;)

When completing the fun pass is there an advantage to indicating you are flying instead of driving. Will you get assigned an earlier debarkaction number letter..time??? I was just wondering as on the last trip we were in a stamped and then the horrible lines... everyone debarking with luggage ect...

It only matters unless you have a really early flight time, and if you do you have to be able to prove it. Other than that it is by deck and it doesn't matter whether you fly or drive.

That was my point exactly.. everyone does everything to try and avoid the cattle call.. and it ruins it for those that actually need to use it... self assist is there so you can make an early flight.. or in your case get on the road early.. but for the amount of people that rush down with luggage they can barely carry.. holds up those that actually need it... you maybe able to ask the purser for an early off tag and explain your situation.. but I think their main priority are those with early flights... honestly.. if I missed my flight because someone didn't want to hit rush hour traffic I would be ticked off... nothing against you.. but that is the way it goes and I wish Carnival would enforce it more than they do..;)

I don't necessarily disagree with what you said, but I've never been under the impression that self-assist is designed or intended for passengers who need to catch early flights. There are two options for disembarking and they are open to all. If you want to have someone carry your bags down for you, there is one option; if you want to "self-assist", there is another option. I'm happy to carry my own bags and always self-assist.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you said, but I've never been under the impression that self-assist is designed or intended for passengers who need to catch early flights. There are two options for disembarking and they are open to all. If you want to have someone carry your bags down for you, there is one option; if you want to "self-assist", there is another option. I'm happy to carry my own bags and always self-assist.

You neglected to hi lite the rest of that sentence.. self assist is there so you can make an early flight.. or in your case get on the road early..

Anybody you are right are entitled to self assist and those that use it properly make it that much easy for the rest of us.. but in my 8 cruises 5 of which we have used self assist it was a complete nightmare... there were people who had so much luggage they couldnt carry themselves that they blocked hallways and elevators... which caused massive delays for those wanting to get off the ship.. also those trying to do self assist without luggage is nice as well.. I learned on the Triumph last month that they are finally turning those people back and making them get back on the ship and wait until their number is called... ;)

Even with the second portion highlighted, your reply still implies you need a "good reason" to self-assist. I think self-assist is an option available to anyone who either doesn't really like people touching their stuff, doesn't want to hang around the ship longer than necessary, or doesn't want to pack the night before (perhaps because of the security risk of leaving your possessions in the hallway). I don't think there is a social convention that people should really leave self-assist to those who need to go for whatever travel reason.

Are we the only ones who like self-debark and be last off the ship?

UMMM NOPE... we wish we could all the time but flying home the same day usually means an early flight for us... but last month we wanted to do just that as we were staying an extra day in NOLA... guess what they kicked NON US citizens off the ship at 8am.. whether you wanted to or not:mad: Wasnt happy with the debark for NON US there.. atleast in Tampa you can go back to your room and stay on the ship...

Even with the second portion highlighted, your reply still implies you need a "good reason" to self-assist. I think self-assist is an option available to anyone who either doesn't really like people touching their stuff, doesn't want to hang around the ship longer than necessary, or doesn't want to pack the night before (perhaps because of the security risk of leaving your possessions in the hallway). I don't think there is a social convention that people should really leave self-assist to those who need to go for whatever travel reason.

Everybody doing self assist has a good reason.. so we would then have to debate what IS A GOOD REASON... there is no good reason that is not good enough for the one doing it... so too each their own... do it properly is all I say.. and don't try and carry 6 bags by yourself.. pushing and pulling down the hallway that is NOT SELF ASSIST!!!;)

Archived