Glory Dry Dock

k2

I have read that the Carnival Glory is going to dry dock at the end of January. Does anyone know what they will be updating or upgrading? Someone mentioned the possibility of new bedding. This is my first time on Carnival.. We have sailed RCCL 5 times, so any inside tips would be appreciated!

I have read that the Carnival Glory is going to dry dock at the end of January. Does anyone know what they will be updating or upgrading? Someone mentioned the possibility of new bedding. This is my first time on Carnival.. We have sailed RCCL 5 times, so any inside tips would be appreciated!

I have read that she will get the big screen on the lido deck, flat screen tvs in cabins and that the 6j family cabins may be changed to balcony cabins.

I have read that she will get the big screen on the lido deck, flat screen tvs in cabins and that the 6j family cabins may be changed to balcony cabins.

Yep... much like many of the Conquest Class the Spa deck ocean view cabins (6Es) will be converted to 8G balcony cabins. The 8Gs have sliding balcony doors... a very nice touch.

Additionally, the area that is currently 'Club Crimson' on the Atlantic Deck will be converted to a Circle C Club for the younger set. I saw this conversion on the Conquest and it was brilliant!!

Of course, the Sea Side Theater and the Mongolian Grill will be added as well...

:)

She'll probably end up getting the Serenity decks and Circle "C" like the Freedom just recently got.

Is the serenity deck an 'adults only' area? And what is circle c? Is there a charge for popcorn for the movies? Thanks!

Is the serenity deck an 'adults only' area? And what is circle c? Is there a charge for popcorn for the movies? Thanks!

Circle C is a club for kids between 12 to 14 years old. The club has dedicated video game counsels, over sized chairs and such. They have organized activities and time for the kids to just hang out...

Yep... much like many of the Conquest Class the Spa deck ocean view cabins (6Es) will be converted to 8G balcony cabins. The 8Gs have sliding balcony doors... a very nice touch.

Additionally, the area that is currently 'Club Crimson' on the Atlantic Deck will be converted to a Circle C Club for the younger set. I saw this conversion on the Conquest and it was brilliant!!

Of course, the Sea Side Theater and the Mongolian Grill will be added as well...

Mach your answer sparked my interest. I went and looked at the deck plan for the Conquest (SPA deck) and could not find the 8G's. Am I missing something?

Jim

Mach your answer sparked my interest. I went and looked at the deck plan for the Conquest (SPA deck) and could not find the 8G's. Am I missing something?

Jim

Nope... you're not missing anything... they're there, the deck plan hasn't been updated...

See? Here's one!

IMG_3089.jpg

:D

From John Heald's Blog today:

The ship (Glory) will be receiving:

• Serenity

• Seaside Theatre

• Circle “C”

• 18 Spa Deck Ocean View staterooms converted to balcony staterooms

• Your Time Dining” will be available on both levels of the forward dining room

• Addition of the Mongolian Wok on the Lido* (exact date of completion TBD)

• WiFi bow to stern

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2010/01/08/as-seen-on-tv/#more-12791

John is going to ask the Captain of Carnival Glory do a daily dry dock blog.

I understand they do charge for popcorn.

They have found that when people pay for it they eat it rather than throw it.

Strange world we live in.

That is such a myth......other cruiselines don't charge and they don't have that problem........gotta wonder....

Well that is reason I have heard on here and they do charge.

I know they charge.........the myth comes from the Carnival loyalists...........who just won't admit how cheesy and cheap it is that Carnival charges money for it:p sooo they blame it on the kids:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived