Celebrity Cruises to "Solsticize" Millennium-Class Ships

Solstice23

Yes Finally!

The new “Designed for you” platform has inspired us to “Solsticize it,” the “it” being our Millennium-class fleet. So what does that mean? Four ships. Four years. Beaucoup bucks. And a whole line-up of iconic Solstice-class features on our Millennium class…among them:

The addition of Tuscan Grille

Ice-topped Martini Bar venues, paired with Crush, whose ice-filled tables will present a selection of chilled, top-tier vodkas

Café al Bacio and Gelateria, replacing the former Cova Café

Bistro on Five, the popular creperie introduced on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox

As introduced on the Solstice Class, an Enomatic wine bar, the state-of-the-art, Italian designed wine serving system allowing guests to select and serve, at the touch of a button, the wines of their choice by the glass

More sumptuous suites, on a par with those in the most modern hotels in Europe, with all new furniture, flat-screen TVs, upholstery, bedding and carpeting

Restyled staterooms, with entirely new carpeting, flat-screen TVs, upholstery and bedding

New color schemes, carpeting and upholstery reflective of Solstice Class in every public venue, from the Celebrity Theater to Seaside Grill, from the main dining room to Michael’s Club

This is awesome!

Celebrity just announced on their Facebook page that they will be remodeling all four M-Class ships to have many of the features of the Solstice Class ships. Four ships in four years.:)

Wouldn't mind them making the buffets just the same... and the TV systems also:D

Sounds as if they will be redoing all the decor and cabins to match the Solstice class, adding a Tuscan Grill, Bistro on Five, Cafe Al Bacio and Gelateria, ice topped Martini Bar, Wine Bar and making the suites better.

Celebrity just announced on their Facebook page that they will be remodeling all four M-Class ships to have many of the features of the Solstice Class ships. Four ships in four years.:)

That sounds like a great idea; I love the M class ships, but our November cruise on the Equinox was outstandingly (? is that even a word?) excellent. :D Loved the ship, the food was really, really good, and the service up to and above the level of excellence of the Celebrity standard.

It will be interesting to see how this takes shape!

Apparently Bistro on 5 isn't going anywhere on Solstice 4 & 5 as many on this board have speculated if they are rolling the concept out fleet-wide...

Hi Tntornadox !

I'm happy to see Bistro on Five, is going to remain a fixture at Celebrity. We've enjoyed it very much. I am pleased to see that Celebrity will bring it to the M-Class ships.

This is from the Facebook page:

The new “Designed for you” platform has inspired us to “Solsticize it,” the “it” being our Millennium-class fleet. So what does that mean? Four ships. Four years. Beaucoup bucks. And a whole line-up of iconic Solstice-class features on our Millennium class…among them:

• The addition of Tuscan Grille
  • Ice-topped Martini Bar venues, paired with Crush, whose ice-filled tables will present a selection of chilled, top-tier vodkas
  • Café al Bacio and Gelateria, replacing the former Cova Café
  • Bistro on Five, the popular creperie introduced on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox
  • As introduced on the Solstice Class, an Enomatic wine bar, the state-of-the-art, Italian designed wine serving system allowing guests to select and serve, at the touch of a button, the wines of their choice by the glass
  • More sumptuous suites, on a par with those in the most modern hotels in Europe, with all new furniture, flat-screen TVs, upholstery, bedding and carpeting
  • Restyled staterooms, with entirely new carpeting, flat-screen TVs, upholstery and bedding
  • New color schemes, carpeting and upholstery reflective of Solstice Class in every public venue, from the Celebrity Theater to Seaside Grill, from the main dining room to Michael’s Club

I'm really excited. :D This reminds me of when Princess updated their ships over the last year or so, and it really worked out great for them. Go Celebrity!

I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea here, not blasting the M-Class by any means, but Solstice has really surprised even X and RCI by the huge outpouring of praise that those ships have earned since the debut of Solstice last year.

They have seen what really works and are more or less modernizing the entire Celebrity brand behind Solstice which has opened up X to a whole new demographic of passenger, as the contemporary decor and spectacular lineup of public rooms really appeals to everyone.

Hi Everyone !

As Constellation is due for a Drydock in a few months, I'm curious if she will be the first ship to receive the Solstice Class treatment. It would make sense, as we've already heard several reports about the probability of Tuscan Grille being added to Constellation during her Drydock. If so, I'm also wondering if 2 weeks will be enough time to get the upgrades done, as there will be much to be done.

I look forward to hearing more details from Celebrity about this !

What does this mean for the C-class ships which are left? I love the Century and its classic look.

I was thinking about this myself- if X doesn't add any Solstice elements aboard the C-Class ships, then we may know they don't intend to keep those vessels in the fleet much longer... perhaps?

I was thinking about this myself- if X doesn't add any Solstice elements aboard the C-Class ships, then we may know they don't intend to keep those vessels in the fleet much longer... perhaps?

Good question. I wondered the same thing myself. I'd still go along with the theory that Celebrity put a bunch of money into Century a few years ago. It's probably a non-event as far as Century is concerned.

However.... and this is a big however.... the fact that Celebrity appears to be doing nothing for Mercury, probably raised her chances of leaving the fleet, up a few notches today. Believe me, I am rooting for her to stay, but this snub cannot be ignored.

I've been right about Mercury over the past few years, but even I have my doubts now.

Good question. I wondered the same thing myself. I'd still go along with the theory that Celebrity put a bunch of money into Century a few years ago. It's probably a non-event as far as Century is concerned.

However.... and this is a big however.... the fact that Celebrity appears to be doing nothing for Mercury, probably raised her chances of leaving the fleet, up a few notches today. Believe me, I am rooting for her to stay, but this snub cannot be ignored.

I've been right about Mercury over the past few years, but even I have my doubts now.

I asked several crew members on my last Millennium cruise and they all said that they strongly believe that =X= will try to get rid of the Mercury soon.

As Constellation is due for a Drydock in a few months, I'm curious if she will be the first ship to receive the Solstice Class treatment.

Andy,

You are correct. The hotel director on Constellation was telling us about the upgrades.

What goes to make room for Tuscan Grille and Bistro on 5?

Hi TxSloth !

On Constellation, they have a Conservatory on Deck 12 Midship. The rumor is, that's where Tuscan will go. I have to say, that's a fairly small area, so I can't quite visualize it. As for Bistro on Five, rumor is... the card room on Deck 5 will go, and that's where Bistro on Five will be located.

IMHO, I think a better place for Tuscan Grille, would be where the Shipmates Fun Factory is, on Deck 12 Aft. I am sure they could relocate Shipmates to another area.

Hello,

from where did you get those informations? Sounds good. I love Cofa Cave, so that´s not so important to me. Nothing against the other new stylinge concepts. They should add a list of what to do to Milleniumize the Solstice class: give us back our prommenade deck. More contact to the sea.

Greetings

Michael

What goes to make room for Tuscan Grille and Bistro on 5?

I heard a rumor a long time ago that they were going to put a second specialty restaurant on deck 3 where some of the conference rooms and/or cinema are. That would make sense given the location of the existing specialty restaurant kitchen. On the other hand it seems they need conference rooms for both their own use and some of the business groups that sail aboard. So who knows.

Archived