Celebrity Cruises to "Solsticize" Millennium-Class Ships

Solstice23

I like the idea, I suppose they will add the second restaurant close to the ones allready there- well we will se- as for Bistro on Five- I doubt that they will add this. I barly saw anyone there on my two Solstice Cruises.

Michael

Well, Celebrity has announced they are adding Bistro on Five and it was always busy on my recent Equinox cruise--positive word of mouth is making it more and more popular.

Let me get this straight....My favorite class ship was Millennium Class, nitpicking between Connie, Millie, Infinity and Summit on which was 'best'. Then we cruised this Nov-Dec on a Solstice B2B and found our new love, what a great ship! Only thing missing was the M-Class T-Spa. I felt so cheap, dumping my first love(s) for this young tart!

So now, MaBell is telling us that the M-Class will be upgraded, adding so many of the things I love about Solstice, and....gulp, I'm getting faint.... keep the T-Spa! Oh, heart, be still.

Whatever ship is upgraded first, we are headed for.

Denny

Looks as if we'll be on one of the last cruises before they upgrade the Connie. Fine with me as long as they KEEP the thalasotherapy pool.

And I'll echo the comment that I wish they would keep the Mercury and do more interesting itineraries with it. I'd much rather do a grand cruise on Celebrity than HAL.

I like the idea, I suppose they will add the second restaurant close to the ones allready there- well we will se- as for Bistro on Five- I doubt that they will add this. I barly saw anyone there on my two Solstice Cruises.

Michael

Hi Germancruiser !

If we are to believe what's on Facebook, they said there will be a Bistro on Five, so it's probably a fact. I feel it is an excellent venue, and well worth the $5. Unfortunately, many people are turned off to it, due to the surcharge. I feel it is a bargain, and once you try it, I think you will enjoy the experience.

And I'll echo the comment that I wish they would keep the Mercury and do more interesting itineraries with it. I'd much rather do a grand cruise on Celebrity than HAL.

Hi Happy Cruiser !

I've been saying for years, that Celebrity should upgrade Mercury, as there are many wonderful itineraries that she could sail, and be very profitable for Celebrity. While I hope they will keep her, tonight's "announcement" does not bode well for her future. I have to believe that if a renovation were in the cards for Mercury, they would have announced the same treatment for her too. Let's hope it's still being considered, but it seems a longshot.

Thanks Andy,

I guess you are right, anyway the cover charge doesn ´t stop me- I usually try get twice a 14 night cruise to go dine in one of the speciality restaurants- there seemed just no time for it. LOL.

Hy Happy Cruiser- and "my" transatlanic on board Connie this year will be definetly the last cruise before the refit- as she goes into drydock in Hamburg- at least I thing it is Bloom and Voos, Hamburg since, Connie never sailed into Hambrug before.

Greetings

Michael

Anybody know the schedule of these upgrades/drydocks? We will be on the Infinity in June. Any chance of new look by then? We do love the Infinity!!

Melody:D

Hi Melody !

Celebrity has not announced any official dates yet. What we do know, is Constellation is scheduled for a Drydock in a few months. It would make sense, that she will be the first ship, but that is strictly an educated guess.

As Celebrity mentioned the plan is to renovate 1 ship per year, I do not see a scenario, where Infinity will have this done by June 2010. However, until Celebrity announces the official schedule, there is always a chance.... though unlikely.

I heard a rumor a long time ago that they were going to put a second specialty restaurant on deck 3 where some of the conference rooms and/or cinema are. That would make sense given the location of the existing specialty restaurant kitchen. On the other hand it seems they need conference rooms for both their own use and some of the business groups that sail aboard. So who knows.

I, too, understood that the new grill was to be on deck 11 but I agree that deck 3 makes much more sense to utilise the galley. That is the part of deck 11 that I cannot understand.

I am very disappointed to hear that perhaps in Solstice 4 and 5 there will not be the Bistro. I only visited once during Equinox's inaugural but am heading straight there when we board in two weeks time. It is a great venue well worth every penny of its surcharge and we really need choices of surcharged dining ie one at $5 and others more expensive

A

I thinks it's great news--more amenitites on a ship smaller than S class--they can do the canal!

the bad news would be loss of Mercury--to me it is the perfect ship in every way! Still think it'd be a great spa ship doing Bermuda from NY & east Coast!!

Hope the re-dos are done better than how they did for Century--that was a hit or miss refurb with the pool area left very "old feeling" along with other untouched areas on the ship..

Let me get this straight....My favorite class ship was Millennium Class, nitpicking between Connie, Millie, Infinity and Summit on which was 'best'. Then we cruised this Nov-Dec on a Solstice B2B and found our new love, what a great ship! Only thing missing was the M-Class T-Spa. I felt so cheap, dumping my first love(s) for this young tart!

So now, MaBell is telling us that the M-Class will be upgraded, adding so many of the things I love about Solstice, and....gulp, I'm getting faint.... keep the T-Spa! Oh, heart, be still.

Whatever ship is upgraded first, we are headed for.

Denny

I hear ya! I am so happy with Celebrity right now. There is a killer Constellation itinerary for April 2011 that we liked, but were dubious about sailing on Connie again. Now, sign us up!!

Mike

So does this mean they are going to downsize the M class closets, and put in the those almost useless bedside tables that they have on the Solstice?

Solstice has a number of strong points, but storage is not one of them.

Hi Thom !

According to the update, they talk about updating the cabin furnishings. You may expect to see those awful bedside tables - though I hope they do something else, but I cant imagine them moving the closets.

I totally agree that the Solstice Class has many outstanding features, and are wonderful ships.... but the closets, and lack of balcony lighting, are 2 of my nit-picky items, that need improvement.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the sofas on the S-class ships? They are very uncomfortable to sit on (hard as a rock) and only have one arm rest. I certainly hope they don't put those on the M-class ships! Hopefully they will just recover the existing sofas!

Garry

Am I the only one who doesn't like the sofas on the S-class ships? They are very uncomfortable to sit on (hard as a rock) and only have one arm rest. I certainly hope they don't put those on the M-class ships! Hopefully they will just recover the existing sofas!

Garry

Hi Garry !

I didnt find them uncomfortable, though I question the leather (if it's real) and off-white color. I have to believe they are going to look terrible in a few years, and will prove to be a poor choice. Time will tell.

Archived