Celebrity Cruises to "Solsticize" Millennium-Class Ships

Solstice23

This is great news indeed.

I know the Constellation is the first to be refurbished. But do we know when this will be done on the rest of the fleet?

I am looking into booking a South America cruise on the Infinity in 2011, it would be great if the ship has been solsticized by then. :D

Hi Everyone !

Per Cruise Critic's article : http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3625 , they have confirmed our thoughts, that Constellation will be the first ship to get the upgrades, during her April Drydock. They also confirmed that Tuscan Grille will be located, where the Conservatory is, on Deck 12. They also stated the Tuscan Grille addition will not be completed until roughly 10 days after her re-entering service. This makes sense, as this will be a large renovation, and I couldn't figure out how it could be done in 2 weeks. Now, we have our answer.

Oh are they really going to put those "Farting Chairs" into my favorite martini bar ?? What's with that ??

Looking forward to the room do overs. Really thought that the Solstice had it right.

Here's another vote to keep the Merc. :)

Word passing around says that Mercury will go to TUI in Spring 2011 and Century in Spring 2012 so I would imagine that is why they are not mentioning any sort of renovations. I have heard this from multiple sources and TUI themselves have hinted at it also...

As this thread covers future changes it may be worth passing on what we were told by the a restaurant manager on Equinox last week. He confirmed that Bistro on 5 would be on future Solstice class ships but that Silk Harvest was to be replaced by a new speciality restaurant - Restaurant Jacques Van Staden - named after the new 'name' chef of Celebrity.

I have no means of verifying this but share it simply as what we were told!

I agree with one of the comments about the hard sofas in staterooms - the only disappointing element for us of the Aqua Class rooms.

Are there any timeframes known? We are sailing Summit in June - will anything be done by then?

The public announcement stated "one ship per year" starting with Constellation in April 2010. Summit won't be upgraded this year from what Celebrity seems to be saying.

Ha! And some people were warning others not to believe rumors when I confirmed Constellation's drydock in August! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=20814659&postcount=17

Shows you that not all rumors are balderdash!!! You should see the smile on my face right now :D

Mary

I thinks it's great news--more amenitites on a ship smaller than S class--they can do the canal!

I agree, it's great news to hear that our beloved M-class will be getting some freshening..., just don't put in those useless excuses for nightstands! :p

BTW, hcat, don't forget that Panama is adding new lanes of locks to accomodate the post-Panamax ships. They are scheduled to be finished by 2014.

CM

As this thread covers future changes it may be worth passing on what we were told by the a restaurant manager on Equinox last week. He confirmed that Bistro on 5 would be on future Solstice class ships but that Silk Harvest was to be replaced by a new speciality restaurant - Restaurant Jacques Van Staden - named after the new 'name' chef of Celebrity.

I have no means of verifying this but share it simply as what we were told!

I agree with one of the comments about the hard sofas in staterooms - the only disappointing element for us of the Aqua Class rooms.

No more Silk Harvest has been mentioned numerous times on these threads. Its absence from the Eclipse deck plans is pretty telling.

This is great news indeed.

I know the Constellation is the first to be refurbished. But do we know when this will be done on the rest of the fleet?

I am looking into booking a South America cruise on the Infinity in 2011, it would be great if the ship has been solsticized by then. :D

We already have a thread started for 1/16/11 and would love to have you join us...if you pick that cruise... not sure "she" will be solsticized by then...but she is our favorite ship...have been on her 3 times so far and looking forward to sailing her again...in New or Old shape! LuAnn

My guess is the Millennium would be next. The Infinity is scheduled in 2011 through its May repositioning to Seattle for the Alaska season, and the Summit has a full schedule through April 30. However, the Millennium's available schedule ends earlier, on April 18, so perhaps after that is when they are planning its refurb?

My guess is the Millennium would be next. The Infinity is scheduled in 2011 through its May repositioning to Seattle for the Alaska season, and the Summit has a full schedule through April 30. However, the Millennium's available schedule ends earlier, on April 18, so perhaps after that is when they are planning its refurb?

Millenium was in for major work last year, I would guess she would be the last ship done..

Again, the only ship that has a firm date, is Constellation. Which M-Class ship will be done in 2011, is anyone's guess.

Archived