What to wear - OCD aka Mr Monk

ccNVcpl

OK, I'm admitting, I'm an anal, Mr Monk, ex-engineer type, and otherwise socially and fashion challenged. So I make a detailed clothing list for each day/activity, listing what pants, shirt, shoes, etc. I'll wear at/for each day/activity. This become the foundation for my packing. It helps me minimize what I take. My wife allows this behavor because after 35 years she knows not to "help" me pack.

Are there others who are so anal? Gawd, who'ed admit it if they were! lol

Mr. Sir, I can relate in a way, except IM the anal one about packing. Im the Mom,so I pack for me, DH,and 2 boys. {Ive never cruised,but we like to travel}

If we're going away for a few days, with the boys I pack outfits together, aside from socks and undies. But I put shirts with bottoms, to make it easier for my 9 year old to grab something to wear. OR I put them side by side in the suitcase. One side is shirts that go with pants on the other side. I dont really care about wrinkles.;)

As for me, I have my list in mind ALREADY for my July cruise. Ive got one in mind for our April camping trip too. For the cruise, YES, I will have the list, so I dont forget anything in my excitement! :D

AS I say about quirks, OWN IT,SIR!!! If thats how you are, by all means EMBRACE it....:)

I am who I am, and besides Mr Monk is a way too OCD to be a CC cruiser, but we both loved the series.

The list has made it less stressful when packing (in the era of $50 bag fees). Once on board, we usually discover, we still over packed, and don't wear all that we brought. I may be stressed in the embarkation part of the cruise, but be assured this anal man is CHILLED once he's on-board.

Bon Voyage

I am who I am, and besides Mr Monk is a way too OCD to be a CC cruiser, but we both loved the series.

The list has made it less stressful when packing (in the era of $50 bag fees). Once on board, we usually discover, we still over packed, and don't wear all that we brought. I may be stressed in the embarkation part of the cruise, but be assured this anal man is CHILLED once he's on-board.

Bon Voyage

I really hope I can say that. I will be sailing with a group of friends Ive met on here. I really hope I can relax sans "the Fam" and reconnect with ME. Bon Voyage to yall too!:)

We laugh at our Monk moments, but ours is the hand washing and food handling stuff.

My husband just packs it all, psst. dont tell him but I take some out when he leaves the room saying he is done, and he never misses it. :)

I make lists , I agree it helps minimize. I list everything.

hubby does his own packing and I do mine; we do interpack in the bags.

we have found that we can usually make do with whatever we happen to have.

I am more of the list maker than he is; it keeps me focused.

but packing is such a personal thing....just do what makes you comfortable.

btw, what did happen on the last Monk episode (loved that show & will watch re runs anytime!)

Doesn't matter how you pack, just don't forget the duct tape.

I never realized it was that difficult for people to pack.

1 pair of jeans to wear on the flight down (and back)

4 swim suits so there is always a dry one.

4 pairs of shorts

9 shirts (2-3 of which are "older" or shirts that you really don't wear anymore (nothing ratty, maybe they shrunk a little (ok reality we grew) or the seams are getting weak, but only noticable on very close inspection. Basically they are staying on vacation opening up room for the new shirts you buy while on vacation

LOL...I just thought about this again. I do make lists lots of them it's just so normal I don't realize I do it. We have only cruised (since he has been with me;)) 2 times (2 more comming up) but we camp a few times each summer usually for 5 to 8 days. Well last two times I made lists (I actually have them saved under my favorites on the computer) I print out 2 copies. One I check off as I get the things together and another of the same list I check off as I actally put it in the totes to take with us. And as if that wasn't enough I then cross off the checked off items as we put the totes with the items in them onto the trailer (guess I want to make sure we don't leave behind anything I have packed). My DH laughs that I pack way too much , but when the kids need something (or he does ) He'll say "hey did you happen to pack..." or "I don't suppose you brought..." I almost always have it...LOL! So maybe your not monk like at all maybe THIS is NORMAL and everyone else is odd :eek:!

Archived