drink coupons-what can you get?

Cru1s1ng2009

I see that Carnival sells drink coupons to purchase before you cruise but I was wondering what they would include. If they are only for drinks that are $5.25 can you get stuff like margaritas, or daiquiris or can you only get stuff like screwdrivers and rum n' cokes?

I know it isnt a huge savings but to be able to buy now would be great. Apparently the cards are delivered to your stateroom so you can start chugging right away.

In the past the coupons were delivered to you at dinner.

I was able to get the frozen foo foo drinks with them.

But today I see those frozen drinks are now 7,something and the specilty drinks like magaritta are over 8 bucks each.

I dont think the coupons are worth it today.

I see that Carnival sells drink coupons to purchase before you cruise but I was wondering what they would include. If they are only for drinks that are $5.25 can you get stuff like margaritas, or daiquiris or can you only get stuff like screwdrivers and rum n' cokes?

I know it isnt a huge savings but to be able to buy now would be great. Apparently the cards are delivered to your stateroom so you can start chugging right away.

I got the coupons from my TA, as a promotion, on the Destiny and will again on the Dream, 4-24. I used them for after dinner drinks, beers, and regular drinks. The one time I used them for a martini, we were charged the extra 3 bucks for each martini (at the center bar.

well it sounds like these are only worth it in the sense that it is already paid for before you sail. We always end up with a huge bar tab;) and this is a REALLY low budget cruise for us. One of those ones you couldnt pass up becuase of the price:D

I may get a dozen or so just so my beers and accasional shots are paid for...

any more comments would be great so keep'em coming.

I too am interested in people's experience with this so I am going to post to keep it on the front page.

On Dream a few weeks ago, we were given two cards of drink vouchers (4 coupons on each card) by a friend as birthday presents. They were worth $5.25 (or something like that...). There was very little on the drink menu costing just $5.25, so they applied that amount as a credit to whatever you ordered.

In Chef's Art, I used a sheet (4 coupons) towards a bottle of wine. They just charged me the difference.

The coupons were delivered to us at our dining room table on the first night.

Mike

well it sounds like these are only worth it in the sense that it is already paid for before you sail. We always end up with a huge bar tab;) and this is a REALLY low budget cruise for us. One of those ones you couldnt pass up becuase of the price:D

I may get a dozen or so just so my beers and accasional shots are paid for...

any more comments would be great so keep'em coming.

I have been trying to figure out why you would buy the drink coupons for yourself and have decided that the main benefit (cost savings) is that the gratuity is built into the 5.25 price for the coupon. If you order at the bar, the drink is 5.25 but then they add .78 for the tip.

Price with coupon: 5.25. Price without: 6.04. 8 drinks later :eek:, you've saved yourself enough for one more drink :D.

Supposedly, if you order a more expensive drink, they charge you the difference and charge you the 15% tip on only the difference.

If anyone has any practical experience with this, feel free to correct me if I misunderstood the way these work.

You can exchange a full sheet of the drink coupons towards a bottle of wine. I suppose that it would save you money there too - you only pay the tip on the cost of the wine above the $21 for the coupons.

highbridge5

I think the drink coupons are for people to give you as a gift rather than you buying a bunch for yourself - that's the impression I got when I saw it on their site. I think they mention limiting the number of coupons you can buy. I was also considering buying some in advance for my cruise next month but like I said got the impressionthat's not what it's meant to be.

We got coupons as a Christmas gift in 2008 and used them on our cruise in January 2009. I asked the table server and I believe we used a packet (four I believe or five?) of them for a bottle of wine at the table and that served five people. The others I used to get tropical drinks and I didn't pay anything else. I had tropical drinks as I don't drink beer or liqour like just rum and coke. My thought is that it covers all drinks, someone said they paid extra for martinis- maybe that is at a martini bar or something. Just like we had to pay for specialty coffee and cakes at the coffee bar on the ship.

also, in our case they weren't delivered right away but were at our room later in the night - maybe when the steward turned down the bed and brought us the newsletter thing for the night before so I wouldn't expect the coupons to be there when you board, but that was just my experience the one time I got them

I think the drink coupons are for people to give you as a gift rather than you buying a bunch for yourself - that's the impression I got when I saw it on their site. I think they mention limiting the number of coupons you can buy. I was also considering buying some in advance for my cruise next month but like I said got the impressionthat's not what it's meant to be.

We got coupons as a Christmas gift in 2008 and used them on our cruise in January 2009. I asked the table server and I believe we used a packet (four I believe or five?) of them for a bottle of wine at the table and that served five people. The others I used to get tropical drinks and I didn't pay anything else. I had tropical drinks as I don't drink beer or liqour like just rum and coke. My thought is that it covers all drinks, someone said they paid extra for martinis- maybe that is at a martini bar or something. Just like we had to pay for specialty coffee and cakes at the coffee bar on the ship.

You can buy as many as you want to for yourself. We just did it for our upcoming cruise on the Triumph. My husband is a beer drinker and thought the coupons would save him money since the gratuity is included. We bought 5 sheets with 4 coupons per sheet.

Just make sure that they don't try and sell you topshelf, if you are fine with barshot..recently on the Splendor a couple of the waiters said Absolute? when I ordered a drink because I hadn't looked at the drink card. I didn't realize that Skyy was the barshot and and about .80 cents less...I learned quickly when I perused over the drink list. I will always make sure I know now what is the barshot.

• 1 month later...
I was thinking of buying a gift card on my upcomming cruise but when I enlarged the card it said gratuties not included. Is this true ?

?? wonder what you are reading? the gratities are included.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?pid=BAR#_

this is for the coupons where you get 4 coupons for drinks onboard.

are you talking about the funship dollars?

Archived