San Francisco Welcomes the Zaandam!

avalon1025

Are you headed back to Hawaii?

Yes, indeed. One week from right now I'll be in San Diego with my mother on a pre-cruise stay at the Holiday Inn, across from the Ship Terminal. We'll do the Zoo and other highlights of the city on Wednesday and then, on Thursday January 21, we'll board the Zaandam for a fabulous 15-day cruise to Hawaii and back.

This isn't a surprise ... it's been in my "Booked and Up-Coming" signature for at least 10 months. :)

Yes, indeed. One week from right now I'll be in San Diego with my mother on a pre-cruise stay at the Holiday Inn, across from the Ship Terminal. We'll do the Zoo and other highlights of the city on Wednesday and then, on Thursday January 21, we'll board the Zaandam for a fabulous 15-day cruise to Hawaii and back.

This isn't a surprise ... it's been in my "Booked and Up-Coming" signature for at least 10 months. :)

Will you be posting a "live from" thread, Rev?

It's the Mercy. Avalon1025 sent me a lot more images that were 4000x3000 pixels and the name is VERY clear. The thumbnails of the additional images on my blog go to VERY high res images.

Thanks for the confirmation, Dutch! She's a big one. Her counterpart on the east coast might be enroute to Haiti, depending how long it would take to get her ready

Ship+Photo+USNS+MERCY+T-AH+19.JPG

Will you be posting a "live from" thread, Rev?

No.

Or ... at least ... I have no intention of doing so. I might change my mind, but I don't think I will.

This doesn't mean that I won't say "hi" from the ship, mind you, or that I won't give a review once I get home.

If nothing else, her post-Dry Dock status needs to be reported, and I'll certainly do that once I get home.

I just don't plan on spending a lot of time on-line on this particular cruise.

Thanks for the confirmation, Dutch! She's a big one. Her counterpart on the east coast might be enroute to Haiti, depending how long it would take to get her ready

Ship+Photo+USNS+MERCY+T-AH+19.JPG

It seems recently the Navy has kept Comfort staffed and at sea. Comfort has been used quite extensively for ongoing humanitarian activity in the Caribbean and South America. There is a good chance she is already someplace in the general area.

Mercy hasn't been staffed since Gulf 1, I believe.

Archived