Snow on Queen Victoria WB crossing to NY

Transatlantic Tom

This morning, along the coast of the Canadian Maritimes, we woke up to the sight of falling snow !

It has coated the upper decks...

Someone has made a small snowman out by the Lido Pool, aft Deck Nine, and one passenger is throwing snowballs into the Pavilion Pool, amidships, Deck Nine !

This morning, along the coast of the Canadian Maritimes, we woke up to the sight of falling snow !

It has coated the upper decks...

Someone has made a small snowman out by the Lido Pool, aft Deck Nine, and one passenger is throwing snowballs into the Pavilion Pool, amidships, Deck Nine !

Thanks for the report, Tom. Sounds like fun. Regards to Jan & Ed. G.

Are you overnighting in NY?

Bobby

Thanks for the update Tom. Its kind of nice hearing about the QV's winter crossing and it just goes to show that winter makes for a very different cruise. These few hardy winter crossers are a rare lot but can certainly lay claim to a different type of vacation than the rest of us.

Although I am here in Canada cursing winter I would have loved to have built a snowman on the deck on the QV today. :D

David

Would someone be so kind as to post a picture in case the poor fellow is gone before we board tomorrow? :)

Somebody did post the picture on this thread but it disappeared. I did manage to save it though so here it is again.

(I've hosted it on Tinypic just in case the photobucket address was private)

http://i48.tinypic.com/sq5oac.jpg

Thanks for the report, Tom. Sounds like fun. Regards to Jan & Ed. G.

Are you overnighting in NY?

Bobby

Bobby:

Thanks for the greetings. We're home already and did not stay in NY (unless you include the forced overnight stay at Pier 88 due to our early arrival Monday, instead of Tuesday - the day of our flight home).

Hey - have fun on your cruise later this month !

Well, I guess that we lucked out on the QM2 headed the other way. All days, but the last which was only in the upper 40's F, were in the mid to upper 50's on our crossing. We even flirted with 60 F. The snow didn't come till Southampton!

Well, I guess that we lucked out on the QM2 headed the other way. All days, but the last which was only in the upper 40's F, were in the mid to upper 50's on our crossing. We even flirted with 60 F. The snow didn't come till Southampton!

You were South of us, Frank !

We did get to 55 F on one of our middle days, BEFORE it suddenly got cold off the coast of Newfoundland (we came within 20 miles of Cape Race)

Commodore Warner said during his noon anouncement that you were on a course 70 miles north of us at the time that we were the closest.

Yeah, that's exactly the distance Captain Wright gave us, too. Attempting to avoid a pretty big weather system, we ended up going farther north than the usual WB crossing - within 20 miles of Cape Race (although a year ago on QV we came within sight of the Cape !)...that's when we got the snow !

Archived