Tattoo's.Do you cover them or not?

TnMama

hey! thanks for admiring!

I think Ive seen a MS National Guard unit around here somewhere. Are they Trans?

Yes! I am pretty sure. They restructured them all and retrained a bunch of guys before they left. My friends are from Hernando,and my BIL is from a Unit from Charleston,Ms. Its tour #2 for all of them.

LOL... love this topic... My husband and I both have tattoo's . People ask how many do I have,,, I always answer,, one..Big one from my toes to the my neck. (over 40 hours of ink on my back, alone.)

I am also an tattoo artist. So it help buz. But I too forget that I have them,,, until someone makes a big deal of it.. or shy away from me.

Its fun going on cruises.. as for when we come in for dinner... we can see some stranges looks from our table mates, But by the end of the cruise, we part, exchanging names and address.. made some realy wonderful friends.. who never thought they would have even be friends with the likes of us.

LOL... love this topic... My husband and I both have tattoo's . People ask how many do I have,,, I always answer,, one..Big one from my toes to the my neck. (over 40 hours of ink on my back, alone.)

I am also an tattoo artist. So it help buz. But I too forget that I have them,,, until someone makes a big deal of it.. or shy away from me.

Its fun going on cruises.. as for when we come in for dinner... we can see some stranges looks from our table mates, But by the end of the cruise, we part, exchanging names and address.. made some realy wonderful friends.. who never thought they would have even be friends with the likes of us.

Its like the saying... "Ya can never judge a book by its cover."

Its like the saying... "Ya can never judge a book by its cover."

awesome! Maybe one day you'll get to eat with some tatted up couple as well!

Care to share a few of yours?

I'm no spring chicken, and the ink on my lower leg is a heart with two bats. The only time I deliberately cover it up is at work, because I work in a "professional" environment. Cruises are my time, and I wear what makes me happy.

My retired DH on the other hand, got his first (very cool - it's a bat flight) tattoo on his leg this year. Now even in the cold I can't get him to put on long pants.

You don't want to know what I had to promise him to get him to wear his suit pants instead of shorts with his jacket and tie on our last cruise!! :eek:

let it all hang out ....heck I am sure I would rather see all of your tats than some of the fashions that people hang on their bodies!!

I have never had anything I liked enough to permanently ink on my body! Considered a gecko ringed around my belly button for a few years but never lost enough weight to like the belly...then imagined getting pregnant and it turning into a komodo dragon!

My tattoo is probably older than most of you, 35 years.:rolleyes:

Its a heart with a flower on my chest.

The only time that I covered it was when I got married. The seamstress just added a piece of lace. In fact in one of the photos you can see it.;)

Over the years the red faded. I recently had it retouched and added a K for my son. I also added one on my ankle of a cross with a heart and flower.

They are me. No covering for them.

Denise

Tattoo's have been mentioned as of late on these threads. I have them.some on my feet,and one on my back. For you ladies that have them, do you cover them up for Formal Nights? To me, tattoo's arent tacky and something that does NOT need to be covered up. So I was wondering if anyone else felt that way.

And by all means, post tattoo pics too!

I have only one tat, that I love and don't make an effort to cover or hide. When inked, I was very aware of it's impact on my personal and professional life. Nothing has changed either way, however, I do understand that's not always the case.

Good Morning ya'll. Im glad this topic is an interesting one for most. I like asking ppl about their ink. Everyone has a story,as tattoo's are a very personal thing. One of my BFF's has a yellow peanut M and M on her back in memory of her Daddy,b/c those were his fav. the irony is shes allergic to peanuts,:).

Ive showed all my ink so far and once I ad my branches Ill be sure to post those too.

To the Tattoo artist, show us the ink! lol.

Ive been told that when Im older my ink will sag, my responce to that is, well, Ill have one on my lower back then,and Ill be walking on my flowers,lol. I dont care one way or the other. they stamp the time in my life when I got them and why!

Coming from someone who is tatoo-less and who hangs out in a place where I am a miniority, please forgive me for staring. I like looking at what everyone has! would love to see some pictures and their meanings behind them. Dont feel the need to cover up. If people have a problem with them then they shouldnt look

what a great question and even better responses. I myself am 49 yrs young and my husband started buying my tattoo's as birthday presents a few years back. I am a dragon fanatic-- have bother legs done with 12" dragons, have i very large one across my back from shoulder to shoulder and down to bra strap, a gecko climber down right shoulder that will soon be a sleeve (50th present) and a traditional oriental dragon with scales and all on the left shoulder that is about 12 " as well. as to the size of them I told my artist to make them comparable to the size of the place they were going( I am a fluffy person) My husband has none and doesn't want any. I cover up for work only. I look at other people's tats to see what they are. I people judge you because of them that says something about them not you. I love mine and plan on getting more and more and more .

Hello this will be our first cruise as well as my first post on cruise critic. I don't think we will be doing a formal night so that doesn't apply to me. I just wanted to thank you all for this post though. I have rather large rib/torso tattoos as well as a few smaller ones. While they are completly covered when I am dressed they will be clearly visible while in a swimsuit. I was afraid that I would be a minority and looked down upon because of that. I am comfortable with who I am and very proud of my ink but at the same time you don't want people making stupid assumptions......

I also dress alot different than typical "cruisers" or the ones I have in my mind and have really been stressing about that as well!

:)

Cruising 4-19-2010 (sky)

I don't have any ink yet, but have a cute story to share...

Was waiting in line for a walk-on ferry to Victoria, B.C., and overheard the couples behind us talking about tats. These were 'mature' couples, dressed in what I would consider 'country club' fashion... all was well, until I heard, "For my next tattoo, I'm going to get a shar pei on my hip, so that the older I get, the better it looks!"

I couldn't help laughing out loud. I've been threatening to get a shar pei tat ever since! :p

Hello this will be our first cruise as well as my first post on cruise critic. I don't think we will be doing a formal night so that doesn't apply to me. I just wanted to thank you all for this post though. I have rather large rib/torso tattoos as well as a few smaller ones. While they are completly covered when I am dressed they will be clearly visible while in a swimsuit. I was afraid that I would be a minority and looked down upon because of that. I am comfortable with who I am and very proud of my ink but at the same time you don't want people making stupid assumptions......

I also dress alot different than typical "cruisers" or the ones I have in my mind and have really been stressing about that as well!

:)

Cruising 4-19-2010 (sky)

Hi and welcome to CC Mom2! July will be my first one. Ive read anything goes! I agree with what you said,too. dress how YOU feel comfy,and be who you are on or off a ship,seems like you do that already!;) I imagine your ink looks awesome in a bathing suit! Kudo's for getting some on your torso and ribs, i imagine it hurt like Holy H#!! ! :) show em off and enjoy yourself!

I'm not sure if this will work or not....All right' date=' it worked!! This is part of my shoulder piece, it extends over about 3-4 inches down my back. I'm going to have the red flowers redone pink...[/quote']

WOW WOW WOW!!! TY for sharing your picture! that is awesome!

Tess, looks like you and I are in the "same boat" so to speak! Way cool with your DH {mine is like that too!} show us some pics will ya?

And to Crone, that was a very cute story. Tattoo's are ageless. My Mom was almost 40 before she got her first, me being 17 at the time was so jealous, b/c she wouldnt sign for me! lol. then I was 26 before I got my first one!

Coming from someone who is tatoo-less and who hangs out in a place where I am a miniority, please forgive me for staring. I like looking at what everyone has! would love to see some pictures and their meanings behind them. Dont feel the need to cover up. If people have a problem with them then they shouldnt look

OK, since you asked so nicely.

Twenty-eight years ago I went on my first date with a guy I'd met two weeks prior. He had an interesting hobby - caving. He asked if I would like to go caving with him the next weekend. I thought it sounded like fun, so for our first date we went wilderness camping and explored a couple of small caves in North Texas. I loved it. Two weeks later he took me to a huge cave in Mexico. About eight hours later and deep into the cave, he asked me if I would cave with him for the rest of my life. Somehow I interpreted that as a marriage proposal, and five months later we were married.

Cavers are quite fond of bats - they live in the places we love. The Chinese culture believes that bats symbolize good fortune and long life. Hence the bats surrounding one heart. My DH's tattoo is a bat flight over the desert.

Our caving days have slowed down considerably now, because age sort of crept up on us when we weren't looking. We have made wonderful memories watching desert sunsets and bat flights.

As an interesting side note, the artist that did our very simple tattoos is not only a wonderful tattoo artist, but is also a brilliant artist in other mediums. His original pencil drawings are on display in the Visitor's Center at Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico.

380997127_GAtat001.JPG.62f907fa775ee390127435a109f5e9b7.JPG

wmtat.jpg.26a755c317cf7730378bb2e5f46366d5.jpg

i have one tattoo, from the base of my neck to my toes. if you don't like how i look in my formal wear or a bathing suit, don't look. i spent a lot of money and time at my artist's studio and love the results. i am used to being gawked at because it's not "ladylike", but there are also people who ask me questions and show appreciation for the art. to each their own.

I have one tattoo on my left ankle. Its the green M&M. I got it because when me and my sister were little people called us the M&M girls because of our first names. She was supposed to get the same tat but chickened out. I dont plan on covering mine I'm very proud of it and its a great conversation starter!:D

Archived