The Boatyard Beach vs. the Hilton Beach

cruisecookie

the way we looked at it was...we're at a beach...why would we need a pool. The boatyard was beautiful. There was a nice little bar, the water was nice and it was just a really great afternoon. There is a good little restaurant there called Lobster Alive...if you like Lobster and want a lot I would give it a try

i have never been to hilton but been to boatyard at least 7 times. $3taxi ridePP to get there (its a posted price but taxi driver claimed it was $4PP) Paid $3pp and they have a FREE shuttle return to cruiseship pier after 1pm.. $10 entrance fee entitles you to 1 lounge, 1 rum punch or water/soda and an umbrella for 2 (IF you get there early enough to get 1)

Warm CALM water, talcum powder sands, rope swing off the pier( NO i did NOT do this!!)

trampoline and iceberg climb in the water. There was NO loud music playing (bummer) and volley ball seems to have been taken down (another bummer). There are vendors trying to sell their wares but a polite NO seems to do the trick.

I just LOVE this beach!!!

*sweet*

For me, see the island a bit, don't just sit on a commercial beach, but it depends if you want the hotel facilities at the Hilton & you can walk along the natural beach quite a way, especially turn left as you face the sea. Boatyard is just another beach, great time & facilities but you could be anywhere.

.. if you want the hotel facilities at the Hilton

& you can walk along the natural beach quite a way,

especially turn left as you face the sea. ===> Eastward.

Walk Eastward along the beach from the Hilton, into the wind

-and you'll soon be on Hastings Beach.

ccbeach-220.jpg

That'll get you as far upwind as Coconut Court

ccbeach-223.jpg

ccbeach-185.jpg=ccbeach-185.jpg

and beyond

to where your beach stroll connects with the Western end of the boardwalk..

bwalk-001fisheye.jpg

-and suddenly you're on your way to magical Accra at Rockley Beach..

where you can swim with these guys!

accra-945.jpg

Not all understand East & West!!
Yes, I know it's difficult navigational stuff

but they'll probably realize it's about where the sun rises and sets.

Truth is, once we get them going in the right direction (Eastward) they'll be alright.

Carry a compass! :D

ccbeach-220.jpg

ccbeach-223.jpg

and beyond

bwalk-001fisheye.jpg

accra-945.jpg

Aplmac - How long is the walk from the Hilton to each of the beaches you list? We are looking at doing a day pass at the hilton (wife prefers pool - I like beach). Since the eats at the Hilton are not a true example of local food - I was wondering how far down the beach I'd have to walk in order to find some local eats.

Donnie

anyone knows hoe much the taxi ride would be ?

thanks

No, but it isn't much, nothing to break the budget BUT please ensure you get quoted in a currency you both understand & agree on, some drivers quote in $BDS then say it was $US therefore getting twice the fare due to exchange rates.

ccbeach-220.jpg

ccbeach-223.jpg

and beyond

bwalk-001fisheye.jpg

accra-945.jpg

How far is the walk from the Hilton to each of these beaches you mention? Any food at Haistings?

How far is the walk from the Hilton to each of these beaches you mention?

Any food at Hastings?

From Hilton to Accra/Rockley, probably 2 miles all told?

Take you 45 mins. to an hour?

Food at Hastings Beach?

No, not unless you stop in at Coconut Cort Hotel's beach bar and order something.

Hastings Beach is quiet and is still the way it's always been, since we were kids.

Accra's more commercial with snack-shacks and stuff, but not overly commercial.

I loved the boatyard. Great beach, lots of fun. My son played volleyball and we all did the rope swing. For 10 pp it was a great deal. Included cab ride back and a drink coupon. Beware though of shifty cab drivers who will tell you the Boatyard is full or take you someplace else. I had to insist I wanted to go there. They want to take you to beaches where they get a kickback or something like that.

Beware though of shifty cab drivers who will tell you the Boatyard is full or take you someplace else.

I had to insist I wanted to go there.

They want to take you to beaches where they get a kickback

It's almost impossible for Boatyard to be "full" -because any overflow out of their beachside bldg.

simply goes onto the everlasting beach! :)

And if Boatyard is full, then we'll take Lobster Alive right next door(50 yds.)

and see just how full the whole of Carlisle Bay beach can get -all 2 miles of it :D

Don't let the local taxi drivers bamboozle you with their BS.

Many of them are 'on the take' to deliver you to this or that beach-spot..

I was at Boatyard last week. Didn't get there until noon and all the beach chairs were full. We didn't care to much and just put our towels in the sand. Beautiful sand & water. There are alot of young people here and lots of cruise ship workers come here. We met the cruise director that was on the Celebrity Summit. Him and his wife were going to the Boatyard for a few hours. The cruise ship workers wear a different colored bracelet and have some additional benefits it looked like. Fun day & enjoyed the beach/sand.

Hey I've been to the Boatyard 3 times and its always fun, good drinks. GREAT beach, water is AWESOME but next time Im gonna try the day pass Hilton thing. I was in Barbados in Dec. 2007 and a group I was with spent the day at the Hilton and we went to Carlisle(Boatyard) we had a great day but they said their day at the Hilton was wonderful. Im going back to Barbados this Nov. on the Emerald(Round 3) all day at the Barbados Hilton is ALL ME!! Pools beaches bathrooms food and peace for $30US all day gimme a break thats AWESOME!!! Later Todd

The sand on Carlisle Beach is EXACTLY like the sand at Trunk Bay. I want to bring it ALL home with me. :D All of it ....with ME!!!! :D

Archived