Prinsendam 2005 World Tour... it has begun

Grumpy1

Stephen: Thank you for sharing your painting with us. As I told you before, one of the first things I do after boarding is go looking for your work onboard. I have enjoyed it more than I can say.

My copy of Cunarder arrived and it is stunning. You indicated that you might be able to send along a bookplate for it. I emailed my address. It has not arrived. I hope it's on the way. If, by chance, you did not get the address, please email me and I'll resend it. Thanks, Don (DFD1)

dfd@americainter.net

Ok, I made my Flat Grumpy & Slinkie! I will post a picture of them on here soon :) Daughter has my digital camera, so I told her give it back hehehehe :)

They are very cute and fitting for the cruise world! (hmmmm maybe I should make them and sell them on Ebay hehehe might pay for a world cruise for me :) hehehe.

If you don't mind, we would enjoy taking flat Grumpy and Slinkie with us next fall when we go back to the Mediterranean! We'll be sure to take the appropriate pictures and post them proudly!!!

Thanks for the memories, you two!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

P.S.: For the record, I believe I was the 45,000 viewer of this thread ... that number amazes me!

Hugs to both from the not-so-frozen-anymore-tundra called Canada.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

There has been talk of this thread being a record - number of posts and number of viewings. I wonder what the length of time record would be? This thread started on January 15 and there have been posts pretty well every day since. If it can be kept going and going and going, like the Energizer bunny, with REGULAR posts, I wonder how long it could carry on and would it be a record? I know there are threads that are started and then there is a gap of a few months and then reintroduced. What I am contemplating is keeping it going with regular posts. Round and round the world again with Flat Grumpy and Slinkie...Prinsendam cruise reviews etc. What do you think? Can Grumpy and Slinkies World Cruise thread set a record?

A record-breaker cruise or a record-breaker thread?

;)

I guess that means we have to ante up and send someone else on a World Cruise next year to continue the thread - maybe aboard Amsterdam?

:D

Grumpy --

Have you and Slinkie booked your next cruise yet? Did HAL give you the WC Veteran's discount?

Stephen--

I just happened to find your painting when I was looking up some info the Unofficial HAL site today...

harbor2.jpg

...ain't that a koinkydink?

;)

Grumpy and Slinkie,

Godspeed and God Bless! Thank you for sharing your life with us over the past months. You two are very special and will always be in our hearts! We look forward to sailing on your Prinsendam in late August and again on next years WC.

Ingrid, I know that you are on-line now. Did it work?

Ruffin[/QUOTe

Yes,-----------------------

goodmorning ,late in our evening it works(I suppose so)

Wish you luck with travelling and see you on/in the crowsnest.

Till then.

Bye,

Ingrid(Eternity)

Grumpy and Slinkie,

Each day we've checked in to see where you are.

Continue reading your posts--we never tire.

With laughter and awe we've shared your world cruise.

And learned about shopping "don'ts" and the "dos"!

When in Singapore, your ship just did fit,

(On a very short pier that could be extended a bit.)

And now we all want to rush out and buy

A nifty GPS unit that won't tell a lie...

We'll always know what island that is...

Which we just passed by--in case there's a quiz!

Slinkie's a lucky lady--Grumpy's a generous guy.

She acquired many shiny bobbles, that caught her eye!

And Grumpy? The luck's also with him.

For it's obvious Slinkie knows that he is a"gem."

For the last several weeks, many of us have sailed,

Then returned to these boards as your cruise continued to be detailed.

Your posts have been glorious--a true gift to us all

As we've felt ourselves sharing each port of call.

Now as your world cruise comes to and end

I want to tell you how much fun this has all been!

Thanks you so much for sharing and letting us see,

What a wonderful experience a world cruise could be.

So as you have been sailing, please know that it's true

Thousands of of us have been sailing along with you.

We shared your adventures with others we know,

And watched as this thread continued to grow.

So as you prepared to depart your lovely ship,

WE will all try to to keep up a "stiff upper lip."

We'll all miss checking in--to see what's new.

We will just plain miss hearing from YOU!

Have a safe journey home--unpack and unwind.

So let us know how you're doing, if you'd be so kind.

Flat Slinkie and Grumpy will to roam,

As you rediscover, "There's no place like home!"

Bless you both...with many years of joy, laughter, warmth & comfort. One is always so fortunate to sail on any voyage, even more so when one meets people like yourselves....what you gave all of us here was a wonderful experience some will wish for & a few will experience. The laughs, the learning & your demonstration of love for each other is so special. It all came through - from Australia to NYC and beyond.

Your gift to all will long be remembered & cherished. Thank you , thank you , thank you.

One day I hope we meet onboard.

Have a safe journey home...I'll toast you next week each day onboard the / your SLINKIEDAM!

With quite a few years yet before we can take our World Cruise, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to live your adventure virtually. You will have gathered some wonderful memories that will help keep this journey alive for you for a very long time.

While I have never posted to this amazing thread, please know that I have loved all of your postings from your trip of a lifetime. I truly felt that I was right there beside the two of you.

Thank you again for your wonderful posts. Gosh I feel like I should send you a check for all the wonderful reading you have given all of us. It was better than any novel :)

Me on my own is 001 -----I try again

I love this, Long lives the internet . Are you boarding too?

regards

Ingrid (Eternity)

Yes..... we're boarding on Pride of Aloha this Sunday for the BIG family reunion (15 members) from all over the world. And on Prinsendam this June 16. (Louis)

Welcome Home, Grumpy & Slinkie!

Hey, let's not rush things... Slinkie and Grumpy are just sailing away from Half Moon Cay... Still have about 14 hours before FLL and a couple of hours to disembark.... It ain't over 'til it's over...

Grumpy and Slinkie

I was just wondering how long it would take Grumpy and Slinkie to pack.....Also wonder what they must be feeling on the last night of their World Cruise.

Its been wonderful to travel with you around the world! Thanks again so much!

Claudia

Stephen: Thank you for sharing your painting with us. As I told you before, one of the first things I do after boarding is go looking for your work onboard. I have enjoyed it more than I can say.

My copy of Cunarder arrived and it is stunning. You indicated that you might be able to send along a bookplate for it. I emailed my address. It has not arrived. I hope it's on the way. If, by chance, you did not get the address, please email me and I'll resend it. Thanks, Don (DFD1)

dfd@americainter.net

Hi Don,

It is going out in the post today. Apologies for the delay. My secretary is very unreliable and I end up doing most of the work myself! ;)

Glad you like the book.

Stephen

Stephen--

I just happened to find your painting when I was looking up some info the Unofficial HAL site today...

;)

Hi Brian,

Good research! That photo served as one of my reference pieces for the painting. In addition to this one I also have at least four other shots showing the three ships together. It seems to have been a regular occurrance!

The photo you have comes from an old HAL calendar from teh early 60's. Back the they used to produce calendars every year, each issue showing six beautifully printed photos of HAL ships. Not always the passenger ships, sometimes freighters and on board scenes. I have about 24 of the photos in addition to two un-cut calendars. Got them on E-Bay.

Stephen

Hi Don,

It is going out in the post today. Apologies for the delay. My secretary is very unreliable and I end up doing most of the work myself! ;)

Glad you like the book.

Stephen

Perhalps you should consider getting a new secretary heheheeheee :)

Grumpy & Slinky,

You'll be happy to know, your flat Grumpy & Slinkie wil be boarding the Caribbean Princess May 21st for 2 weeks! They will be going to Princess Cays, Bahamas, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Mexico , St. Thomas (Charlotte Amalie, St. Maarten (Philipsburg, Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale), Florida, and finally resting in Orange County, California. Till I can send them to someone else crusing :)

I will take pictures and post them when I return :)

Oh, yes did you get a picture of the Terra Cotta cabana for me ??? Thanks and Welcome Home!!!

I have been following your adventures since you left. In fact, I even tried to fill in for you, Grumpy on the Lost Boat but they miss you over there. Welcome back to the land of sunshine. The weather has been beautiful here on the suncoast-mid 70s to low 80s with cool nights. We still don't have our air on for the summer season. After 25 cruises I know how hard it is to get off the ship so I'm feeling your pain right now. Thanks for the great thread!

Oh, by the way, my wife knew how much I was enjoying your trip and surprised me this past March on our anniversary with tickets for the 2006 WC.

('Course I get to pay for them....)

Archived