who is current cruise director on the jewel?

aussiescouser

The last time I was around on these boards it was sandy but that was over a year ago now..Does anyone know what happened to him??

We had Sandy as CD on our Pacific Sun cruise to Fremantle, and I think he's still on board.

Josh Dayboll is presently the cruise director on the Pacific Jewel.

Zoltina will be the cruise director next month.

Hi

Is your daughter still onboard? When does her contract finished or has she just started a new one with the Jewel? (I remember you mentioned she was on the Dawn).

I can say hi to her when I cruise next month (what's her name again...I have forgotten..sorry :o).

Hi Brossy! Good memory!

Yes, my daughter was on the Dawn in September for 6 weeks. Just loved your part of the world!

She is self employed and has played piano and keyboards all over the world on land, and on every major cruiseline.( She's not tied just to PO cruiseline)

After the Pacific Dawn she was performing and recording and working on her CD back on land in Canada, when her agent called to tell her that PO really wanted her to be MD ( Music Director) and set up all the music on the new Pacific Jewel. She agreed to do it for 4 months.

We live on a gorgeous Island, but we get a lot of rain during our winter, and she's managed to play somewhere sunny every year. ( Lucky bum!)

They flew her from Canada to Singapore in Nov. and she arranged and composed and got all the music organized for Xmas and New Years etc. while they were in dry dock. It was hotter than hell ( especially for a Canadian) and A/C wasn't working yet etc. but she loved what she was doing. She sailed over to Australia and she will be playing as well as Music Director on the Jewel til the end of March. Her name is Ashley Wey.

You can see her on the PO Pacific Jewel "The rebirth Episode #7" at about #238 into the video. She plays keyboard for a second, then talks about the music on the ship.

Please tell her you were talking to her Mom here, and that I wish she'd find a way to phone me - I know she's been trying. She's been working around the clock and hasn't had time to get off the ship to phone.

She's a little sweetheart, and I miss her like crazy!

I hope you have the time of your life!

Hi sunnydaze

I was on Pacific Dawn for 10 nights from Oct 21st. Would she have been on then? Shame I didn't know about her, I would have said hi. I don't go on the Jewel until September so she would have left by then. Sounds like she's doing very well for herself. Good on her!!:)

Hi Brossy! Good memory!

Yes, my daughter was on the Dawn in September for 6 weeks. Just loved your part of the world!

She is self employed and has played piano and keyboards all over the world on land, and on every major cruiseline.( She's not tied just to PO cruiseline)

After the Pacific Dawn she was performing and recording and working on her CD back on land in Canada, when her agent called to tell her that PO really wanted her to be MD ( Music Director) and set up all the music on the new Pacific Jewel. She agreed to do it for 4 months.

We live on a gorgeous Island, but we get a lot of rain during our winter, and she's managed to play somewhere sunny every year. ( Lucky bum!)

They flew her from Canada to Singapore in Nov. and she arranged and composed and got all the music organized for Xmas and New Years etc. while they were in dry dock. It was hotter than hell ( especially for a Canadian) and A/C wasn't working yet etc. but she loved what she was doing. She sailed over to Australia and she will be playing as well as Music Director on the Jewel til the end of March. Her name is Ashley Wey.

You can see her on the PO Pacific Jewel "The rebirth Episode #7" at about #238 into the video. She plays keyboard for a second, then talks about the music on the ship.

Please tell her you were talking to her Mom here, and that I wish she'd find a way to phone me - I know she's been trying. She's been working around the clock and hasn't had time to get off the ship to phone.

She's a little sweetheart, and I miss her like crazy!

I hope you have the time of your life!

Hi

I will definately try and seek out your daughter and say hello! I might even try and get a few happy snaps and post them here for you :) .

I am looking forward to cruising on the Jewel next month & then I go on the Mariner of the Seas in October :D.

Karmac-

No - Ashley wasn't on the Jewel when you were on her, but you never know - she might be back by next Sept.

Aus Tavelar - Thank you!

Brossy -

A picture of her would be great! Thank you -

You will love RCI and Mariner of the Seas! Will you be cruising Mexican Riviera?

Hope you have a fabulous time on the Jewel too.

So did we I thought Sandy and the entertainment crew were fantastic, lots of activities, and entertainment in the evening was great, we had one of the best passenger shows I think I have ever seen on a cruise ship. Very talented group.

So did we I thought Sandy and the entertainment crew were fantastic, lots of activities, and entertainment in the evening was great, we had one of the best passenger shows I think I have ever seen on a cruise ship. Very talented group.

Yes I also liked Sandy, is he still on the Pacific Sun?

Unless its changed I heard from Sandy that he was going to be changing overfrom the Pacific Sun to the Dawn and that the Pacific Sun would have David Pepper as the cruise director again. He filled in for Sandy after his last contract.

David Pepper is excellent - we were on the first cruise he did on Pacific Sun - exactly a year ago this week - and he did a wonderful job. He was a CD for everyone one the ship, and although he had come from Queen Mary 2 to Pacific Sun, he fitted right in - even dressing up for Australia Day 2009;

2341613940078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Karmac-

No - Ashley wasn't on the Jewel when you were on her, but you never know - she might be back by next Sept.

Aus Tavelar - Thank you!

Brossy -

A picture of her would be great! Thank you -

You will love RCI and Mariner of the Seas! Will you be cruising Mexican Riviera?

Hope you have a fabulous time on the Jewel too.

Hi Sunnydaze

Well I am back from Pacific Jewel and had a fantastic trip.

I also had the pleasure of meeting your wonderful and talented daughter...omg she is amazing. I have a few pictures to email to you including a couple of shots on her birthday. It was our last night on board and we were in the Casbah another staff member Kelly noticed Ashley chatting to me and announced to all the passengers that it was Ashely's birthday. Well all the passengers sang "Happy Birthday" to her & she was so happy :):). Can you please let me know your email address so I can send you the pics as I don't want to post them here without your permission.

So glad you had a great cruise Brossy!

We don't mind you posting pictures, but did you get the e-mail I sent to you? I used the address you posted on here, awhile back.

She said that you have a video too, that she'd like me to see + save for her. Can't wait to read your review.

You can't book another cruise til I see these pictures! HA!:D

We don't mind you posting pictures, but did you get the e-mail I sent to you? I used the address you posted on here, awhile back.

She said that you have a video too, that she'd like me to see + save for her. Can't wait to read your review.

Hi Sunndaze

I didn't get any video footage but the friend I was travelling with may have, so i'll have to check with her.

26784_1357584148535_1499447389_975324_1758008_n.jpg

26784_1357584108534_1499447389_975323_1541273_n.jpg

26784_1357584428542_1499447389_975331_2638864_n.jpg

26784_1357584468543_1499447389_975332_7703659_n.jpg

26784_1357584508544_1499447389_975333_1764285_n.jpg

I forgot to add that I didn't get your email. It may have gone into our spam as we have been receiving a lot of junk mail recently :(. Do you want to try our new one brossy at spin dot net dot au and we'll see if that works :).

Archived