Just got the upsale (upsell) call from Carnival

SoonerOne

Well, this has never happened before. A Carnival person just called. We were offered an Ocean View suite for $540 more or a Junior Suite for $500 more for our 7 day cruise. We have never had anything but a regular balcony cabin. Therefore, I ask the CC experts, is either of these offers any good? I wouldn't have a clue.......

Honestly, only you will know if it's worth it. Did you pick your original cabin specifically for location? Sometimes that makes it not worthwhile.

If you think you want to, you could counter offer. Sometimes they accept a lower price. :-)

Good luck, whatever you do!

I take it you had a balcony before the call. For that I would not do it.

We went from an inside with porthole to aft wrap balcony for 250 pp recently but for more space for two people for a week do not think I would swing for it.

I edited my post - if you're already in a lido balcony, I don't think I'd bother. The junior suite is just a balcony cabin, unless they've upgraded them somehow.

The Carnival person said that the junior suite had all the same features as the ocean view suite just not an extended balcony.

Thanks to all for such quick replies, I'm certainly leaning towards just keeping my Lido balcony cabin.:)

That last bit you quoted from me is wrong (I deleted it from my original post, didn't know you saw it - sorry). Their color codes are really close for JS & Lido balconies. The JS cabins are bigger than a regular balcony. If you spend alot of time in your cabin, it would be worthwhile.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=CQ&icid=CC_Carnival Conquest_212

I would love the Lido balcony, it is so convenient to running up to the spa or the buffet for that first cup of morning coffee and sit out by the pool (well I guess some want to sit on their balconys), but I get up first and like to walk around and let my sister sleep so I try not to go back into the cabin and wake her up.

I would love the Lido balcony, it is so convenient to running up to the spa or the buffet for that first cup of morning coffee and sit out by the pool (well I guess some want to sit on their balconys), but I get up first and like to walk around and let my sister sleep so I try not to go back into the cabin and wake her up.

We have always stayed on the Empress Deck and loved it. We booked a little late this time and no rooms available on that deck. So....I was quite pleased when my PVP said we could get one on the Lido deck for the same price, I jumped on it.

Not to hijack, but I just got got the upsell call too for our tip on Glory this Sunday. We had an interior on Upper deck and they offered us a balcony on Empress for $150pp!

A little worried about the movement aft, but couldn't pass up this offer!

Not to hijack, but I just got got the upsell call too for our tip on Glory this Sunday. We had an interior on Upper deck and they offered us a balcony on Empress for $150pp!

A little worried about the movement aft, but couldn't pass up this offer!

You're not hijacking, we are all just researching:)

Whoops, got too excited and forgot to mention one of the reasons I was posting! I tried to give a counteroffer, and they turned me down. The rep I spoke with said he had never had anyone submit a counteroffer before(not that it hasn't been done- just he had never had one).

They've been calling us all week with an offer for a presidential suite or something like that. Right now we have an aft wrap-around balcony, not giving that up for anything.

I wouldn't either!!! An aft sounds great!!

P.S. I just talked to my Carnival PVP and she said that neither of those offers were any good. She said she could have offered me either one of those.....not a good buy, so I'm glad I didn't go with it.

That's helpful of your PVP to let you know. Sometimes, the deals people get are amazing - a suite for a couple hundred dollars more. Just think of it as an extra $500 you have to spend now. :D

Well, this has never happened before. A Carnival person just called. We were offered an Ocean View suite for $540 more or a Junior Suite for $500 more for our 7 day cruise. We have never had anything but a regular balcony cabin. Therefore, I ask the CC experts, is either of these offers any good? I wouldn't have a clue.......

GO Sooners!!! I would have taken it, lots more room.

That's helpful of your PVP to let you know. Sometimes, the deals people get are amazing - a suite for a couple hundred dollars more. Just think of it as an extra $500 you have to spend now. :D

Yep, she told me to keep checking back with her....they have quite a few of the OV bigger suites left and maybe we could get one, but for less $$$. She said to just email her anytime. I've already got $300 OBC, I asked the first Carnival lady if I could use that for the upgrade, she said no.....at least I tried to negotiate:D

GO Sooners!!! I would have taken it, lots more room.

Just keep in the back of your mind that the hubby just got a new truck and he wants new chrome wheels.......:D He's got his priorities and I have mine:p

BOOMER SOONER

Archived