Family of 4: Need Help w/ Cabin Selection on Carnival Legend

lifesabeachbum

Hi. First family cruise. Parents & 2 large (6 ft) teen sons. We are considering the Legend in April 2010. What are the different cabin choices that might accomodate all of us? I had thought to get them an interior and us a balcony cabin. Then I read a review that mentioned a suite with a sofa bed and a bunk. How large is the pull out sofa and bunk? Also, I understand there may be some restrictions about minors in their own rooms (not permitted unless it is adjoining, I think) but do parents really split up and rooom with their kids when they cruise? Any help with room configuration & minor travel restrictions would surely be appreciated. : )

The Legend has a configuration that has connecting Inside with Balcony - they are Forward. We are booked in 7105 and 7107 in 3 weeks. We booked them with an adult and child in each room but can easily just have the kids share the Inside room. This gives us an extra bathroom, TV and just space! I can let you know how it works. The cost was about $2500 for all four of us.

We've done the two cabin route several times and if the rooms are adjoining or directly across it is ok to have the teens alone. Some TA's will let you book it that way and others won't but after speaking to a supervisor last time, I was told that the above is the official policy. That being said when we tried to book catty-corner we couldn't book it that way but went directly to the info desk and got new keys printed the way we wanted so we didn't have to swap keys.

We actually enjoy sharing one balcony or suite cabin more as it feels like we are more connected. The drop down bed and the couch make into nice twin beds. My son is 17 and a big kid and he sleeps on the bunk without problem.

If you get just one cabin, pack an over the door shoe rack for all the misc little things that otherwise will seriously clutter the room with 4 people (chargers, mp3, camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc.) and remember that you can shower and dress for free in the spa. We always send my dh and ds to the spa so that the two of us girls have the run of the room for hair and make-up. :) Have fun!

If you decide to just get one balcony cabin for the four of you, try to get 6232 on Empress Deck. It has an extra long balcony.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LE&icid=CC_Carnival Legend_260

This is the room that I have booked for my cruise in Nov on the Legend. I was able to get some great advice on here about booking this specific room. I am so excited and can't wait to sail.

We always get a separate cabin either next door or across the hall from the kids. We book a parent w/child in each cabin and get extra keys from guest services (as someone stated). I always let the booking agent know and don't try to deceive anyone, it's never been a problem. I personally need my own space and my kids prefer to have their own cabin. And...one bathroom w/4 people would be difficult for me.

Hi. First family cruise. Parents & 2 large (6 ft) teen sons. We are considering the Legend in April 2010. What are the different cabin choices that might accomodate all of us? I had thought to get them an interior and us a balcony cabin. Then I read a review that mentioned a suite with a sofa bed and a bunk. How large is the pull out sofa and bunk? Also, I understand there may be some restrictions about minors in their own rooms (not permitted unless it is adjoining, I think) but do parents really split up and rooom with their kids when they cruise? Any help with room configuration & minor travel restrictions would surely be appreciated. : )

I would definitely go with two cabins rather than a suite. Our teenagers stay up later than we do and like to sleep late in the morning which makes it a nuisance to have them in the same cabin. We'd prefer to have our privacy and two bathrooms rather than one. Our kids also like to have their own room so they have a place to socialize with others they meet onboard. You can book yourselves in one cabin and your boys either next door or across the hall without any issues. If a TA says you cannot they are misinformed and should check with Carnival.

Don't try to cram into one cabin. It will make for a miserable week, unless you get a suite. Your first choice was right. Get a balcony and an inside for the kids somewhere near your cabin. Make the choice based on where you want to be. BTW carnival recently changed the booking rules so you no longer have to play games about putting a parent in each cabin and then switching cards on the ship.

We were on the Legend 11/21/09 with our teens and were glad we opted for 2 cabins. Having an extra bathroom and quieter sleeping was valued by our family. When I was pricing our cruise the 4k cabins happened to be just slightly more for us to book 2 of those cabins instead of just one regular balcony cabin.

4k cabins have the same layout (sofa etc) as a balcony cabin. There is no balcony because the lifeboats hang outside of the cabin, but there are french doors. Some cabins have a partial view between the lifeboats and others are blocked by the orange boats.

I would price out the costs of different combinations on your sailing.

I struggle with posting pictures, but our cabins are on page 4 and the cabin description is on page 2 if you are interested.

My Legend family review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1098358&highlight=

Also you can have the teens in their own room. The pursers desk can change it anyway you want if it is not the way you want it. We happened to want it the opposit of your choice and had to have it switched so that the kids were not together.

We have almost always stayed in the same cabin.

We just got off the Triumph with a balcony and it was fine.

Oldest son is 21 (6' 4") youngest son is 18 and 6'.

Oldest son has always slept in the Upper with no problems.

On the Spirit Class ships....we usually get cabin 4194 (which has no balcony but has the french doors) and we have always had plenty of room....

Noise is not an issue because I am usually the last one that comes HOME!! :eek:

If you decide to just get one balcony cabin for the four of you, try to get 6232 on Empress Deck. It has an extra long balcony.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LE&icid=CC_Carnival Legend_260

We also always travel 4 in a cabin - dh, myself, dd18, dd21. We fit, no problem - even with all the clothes the girls bring. We had cabin 6232 on Miracle - fantastic. Grab it if you can!

This is the room that I have booked for my cruise in Nov on the Legend. I was able to get some great advice on here about booking this specific room. I am so excited and can't wait to sail.

You will LOVE this balcony, but I must warn you. It will spoil you for any future standard balconies. We've had this same cabin on both the Legend and the Miracle.

I just booked last week. Our two teen sons, 15, and 14, are in their own

inside cabin,

and we are directly across from them. The cabin is in their name with a

note on the ressie that states children across the hall and vice versa on

ours. Two booking numbers that are linked. They are more excited this

time, due to having their own room:)

You will LOVE this balcony, but I must warn you. It will spoil you for any future standard balconies. We've had this same cabin on both the Legend and the Miracle.

This is only my 2nd cruise. The first was 3 days on the Sensation with just me and my husband. We are taking the kids this time so I think having the bigger balcony will help all of us keep our sanity. I will just have to make sure for the next cruise that I book well in advance so I can get a cabin with the extended balcony. Now if I can just the other 2 couples that are supposed to be going with us to book their rooms.

We've done both: On the Spirit we booked a Cat. 12. DS slept on the pull out couch, and DD on the upper berth. It was HUGE, and if you feel you need to be with the kids, I'd say that is the way to go. Of course, it meant no privacy for mom and dad, but... it was our first cruise, and I felt a bit insecure about having them have their own room.

On the Conquest, we had a balcony and an inside across the hall. If you do this, be sure to pick out your rooms at the time of booking and have them mark you as NO UPGRADES. This will minimize your chances of being moved, but... it still could happen. The upside to this is, of course, that you have more room, and more privacy, but if you are concerned about the kids, you have less control over that.

Hope that helps.

I agree.We had 8232 on the Legend twice then booked a Princess cruise in a suite.What a disapointment the suite balcony was compared to the Legend balcony.

The Legend has a configuration that has connecting Inside with Balcony - they are Forward. We are booked in 7105 and 7107 in 3 weeks. We booked them with an adult and child in each room but can easily just have the kids share the Inside room. This gives us an extra bathroom, TV and just space! I can let you know how it works. The cost was about $2500 for all four of us.

Cruiserjt: Hi, you must be just ready for your cruise now? I read your post about the balcony and inside room. We would like to do the same on the Legend. $2400 sounds like a good price. We want July though, and I think that is the most expensive time to cruise!! I would like to know how those rooms worked out. We have a 13 and 15 yr old (girls) and booked a Suite on our last cruise (Inspiration) but it was an old ship, so a lot cheaper than the Legend! I will give you my email, and maybe you can give me some info, and/or pics. Have a wonderful cruise!! PS: We have sailed (just us) on the Legend before (2007) and loved it! It is our favourite carnival ship so far. We are sailing on Independence of the Seas in 10 days.

Liberty3 (Nicole at pndube@sympatico.ca )

I had this same decision last fall when we booked our cruise on the Legend for 6/6/2010. We also opted for 6108 and 6112. It is a balcony with a connecting inside cabin. We will be traveling with a 15 and 18 year old. Gives them their own space and an extra bathroom. Plus some privacy for Mom and Dad.

We travel with two teens, one over 6 feet, and have been in a balcony room both times. We had no trouble fitting. I'm sure someone will say I'm overprotective, and please don't think I am judging anyone who let's their teens stay in a separate room, but a big consideration was wanting to know what time my kids were coming home, leaving, who they were with, etc. But my kids are younger teens (13 and 15) so I'm sure that makes a difference. I look at a vacation just like being home, I want to know that my kids are coming in ok every night and being in one room is the easiest way for our family.

• 1 month later...
We also always travel 4 in a cabin - dh, myself, dd18, dd21. We fit, no problem - even with all the clothes the girls bring. We had cabin 6232 on Miracle - fantastic. Grab it if you can!

My friends and I are booked on the Miracle and have cabin 6232... Would you happen to have an pics of the balcony or taken from the balcony? I'd LOVE to see them :)

My friends and I are booked on the Miracle and have cabin 6232... Would you happen to have an pics of the balcony or taken from the balcony? I'd LOVE to see them :)

I am photography (and computer) challenged - I don't have any pictures. BUT- if you put in a search on this board (Miracle 6232, or Pride, or Spirit) you will find a nice number of pictures there. Take my word for it - you won't be disappointed with the balcony. We had 7 people on it, with room to spare!

Archived