Received upsell call

jojo1108

We currently have a balcony room booked on the Pride for Feb. 21st. The Carnival rep left a message saying they are offering to move us up to a ocean suite for a really low price. I tried to call him back and left a voicemail saying I was interested.

My question - what is the differences between the two rooms? Also, what price would kind of make it worth it? Can you offer a lower price? Thanks!

Sure you can offer a lower price. I hear the person you talk to doesnt have the ability to accept it, but his supervisor can.

cruisedeckplans.com will have what the suites have vs. what the balconys have. Some of the suites have whirlpools and some dont, not sure about that ship, but that site will say and have the s.f.

I got the same call yesterday, from a Carnival representative. I then visited these boards and talked to all the CC people. After that I called and talked to my Carnival PVP and she recommended that I not take the upsell. She said she could offer me the same thing at the same price, not a deal.....so I took her advice and stayed with my Lido balcony.

I would go online and look at what the suites actually cost first. Then you'll know whether the offer they make you is a good one or not. If it is much less than what the actual cost of the suite is....might be worth it. If not, I'd stick with what you have.

I have a balcony cabin booked for my next cruise, which is a group cruise. Maybe they don't do the upsell thing for group cruises, but I have looked at what the suites cost just in case. It would have to be a VERY good deal for me to make the switch. If they offered it to me for something ridiculous like $50 or maybe even $100 per person, I'd do it....otherwise I'm staying where I am.

Archived