Hyatt Peir 66

Willbcruisin

We've stayed there many times for precruise and love it. Last week we stayed at Renaissance Hotel (Marriott property) and was disappointed. We'll be heading back to Hyatt Pier 66 in October for our Oasis cruise.

Thanks so much. Good to hear! We also were at the Renaissance before they remodeled, checked in, then right out. Moved to Marriott Harbor Beach.

Usually stay at Courtyard FLL Beach as we love the location but had problems their our past trip, pre & post. Things change very quick!

Looking forward to giving the Hyatt a try. We saw it from the water taxi which by the way is a great way to see FLL!

Happy Cruising:)

Just wondering what seems to be the issues with the Renaissance. It's listed as a 4* property on most websites. We're booked to stay there two nights pre-cruise in March and can't change hotels at this point as we got it on Priceline. How bad can it be?

We've stayed there many times for precruise and love it. Last week we stayed at Renaissance Hotel (Marriott property) and was disappointed. We'll be heading back to Hyatt Pier 66 in October for our Oasis cruise.

Just wondering what seems to be the issues with the Renaissance. It's listed as a 4* property on most websites. We're booked to stay there two nights pre-cruise in March and can't change hotels at this point as we got it on Priceline. How bad can it be?

We stayed (almost) there before it was renovated. At the time the pool was closed and the room we had was very moldy and just plain dirty. My dd has allergies and we could not stay there. I dod take pics as well as spoke with the Mgr. Marriott did take very good care of us. Moved us to another property and once reno's were complete they had us back. We only used the next room as a "day room" and it was fine.

We just happened to have a bad experience. I have friends who have stayed here without any problems.

I choose not to stay as I like to be near the beach and intercoastal.

Well, first of all, we requested an early check-in when we arrived, and were told no (we're Marriott Reward members, so this surprised me). Finally, after sitting around the hotel lobby for 5 hours, we begged for them to find us a room, as it was now 3 p.m. They said the only room that was available was a handicapped room. We took it and were very disappointed. The room wasn't particularly clean, because it was a handicapped room it had no bathroom vanity, just a sink. That made it very difficult as there was no place to put toothbrushes, make-up, etc. Because it was a shower rather than a tub, we flooded the floor each time we showered. Also, they had only two bath towels in the room and when I requested more towels and pillows, they never arrived. The lobby area is very pretty, but the rooms weren't very impressive. Hyatt Pier 66 is heads and tails way better.

I don't think I would classify it as a 4-star hotel. There was nothing terrible about it, but I didn't think it was all that much nicer than a Springhill Suites (both of which Marriott properties). In fact, a Springhill Suites would go one step further by giving you a complimentary expanded continental breakfast.

We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and were not that impressed. We had to change rooms 4 times. If you stay here the tower is beautiful and you may have a great view of the port to watch the ships come in. BEWARE the rooms that are outside near the pool are OLD and have not been updated. It reminded me of an old motel from the 1960's. There is an in room A/C that is very loud in these "garden view rooms". The first room we had the A?C did not work and the room was dirty. The second room the A/C sounded like a jet engine. The 3rd room had pubic hair all over in the bathroom and filthy sheets.

Finally, our 4th room, in the tower overlooking the port was what I would expect from a Hyatt property. It was beautiful and spotless! The pool area was also very nice. Hope this helps!

We bid on Priceline and were awarded the Renaissance for $80/nt so I guess we shouldn't complain if we're not entirely happy with our stay. Does anyone know how far the Renaissance is from Total Wines, we kind of have an itinerary once we land, which is put our belongings away quickly and head out for lunch, then wanted to drop by and pick up some wine for our cruise, so I'd like to do all of that in order so as to save time and taxi fare. Any help would be appreciated.

We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and were not that impressed. We had to change rooms 4 times. If you stay here the tower is beautiful and you may have a great view of the port to watch the ships come in. BEWARE the rooms that are outside near the pool are OLD and have not been updated. It reminded me of an old motel from the 1960's. There is an in room A/C that is very loud in these "garden view rooms". The first room we had the A?C did not work and the room was dirty. The second room the A/C sounded like a jet engine. The 3rd room had pubic hair all over in the bathroom and filthy sheets.

Finally, our 4th room, in the tower overlooking the port was what I would expect from a Hyatt property. It was beautiful and spotless! The pool area was also very nice. Hope this helps!

What room type did you have?

Now I am getting a bit nervous about the garden view rooms:confused:

We've always had Tower Rooms, I guess that's why I like Hyatt Pier 66 so much. I'll be sure we never book one of those garden rooms.

Jo-Ann

We bid on Priceline and were awarded the Renaissance for $80/nt so I guess we shouldn't complain if we're not entirely happy with our stay. Does anyone know how far the Renaissance is from Total Wines, we kind of have an itinerary once we land, which is put our belongings away quickly and head out for lunch, then wanted to drop by and pick up some wine for our cruise, so I'd like to do all of that in order so as to save time and taxi fare. Any help would be appreciated.

Total Wine is located in a large shopping center that includes Publix as well as many other stores and restaurants. It is right behind Embassy Suites. From Renaissance it's probably only a 10-15 minute walk, but it may be difficult to walk with all your wine. We got a taxi to drive us to Embassy Suites because we couldn't walk as my husband had just broken his toe. I think it cost $10 with tip. We actually asked him if he would mind stopping first at Publix as I had to pick up something. He waited outside for us. We gave him an extra tip.

If you preorder your wine from Total Wine, you could just ask a taxi driver to wait while you run in and pick up your order. But if you aren't buying a lot, it is definitely within walking distance from Renaissance.

Jo-Ann

I don't know what day of the week you're going to be in FLL or what the Sun Trolley schedule is, but if you don't want to walk back to the Renaissance carrying heavy bottles of wine, for fifty cents or a dollar (I forgot which), you can catch it right in front of Publix and it will let you off right on the corner where the hotel is located.

Archived