Smoothie Bar at Breakfast

bonni99

Hi Everyone !

I enjoyed the smoothie bar very much. It was a great way to start the day. I believe it was open for lunch too, though I am not 100% certain.

In addition to smoothies made from fruit (fresh or frozen) and yogourt, they also have a full menu of freshly squeezed juices - the usual OJ, pineapple, grapefruit etc. but also some Energy combinations!!
Fantastic!

We are accustomed to fresh-squeezed OJ on HAL, but we missed it very much on our recent Oceania cruise. My usual breakfast at home always includes a fruit-yoghurt smoothie, so I'm really looking forward to having this on Azamara. What are the energy combos?

Hi Everyone !

I enjoyed the smoothie bar very much. It was a great way to start the day. I believe it was open for lunch too, though I am not 100% certain.

Andy, the smoothies weren't available for lunch on either of our cruises.

I loved the fresh oj (until they ran out on Journey:rolleyes:) but never did find the right combination for the smoothies. And there were so many other, far less healthy, options at the rest of the buffet that I stopped trying.:D

Andy, the smoothies weren't available for lunch on either of our cruises.

I loved the fresh oj (until they ran out on Journey:rolleyes:) but never did find the right combination for the smoothies. And there were so many other, far less healthy, options at the rest of the buffet that I stopped trying.:D

Hi Critterchick !

Thanks for the update. I asked a relative who sailed with us, and he said the Smoothies were available for Lunch. It's been a while since we sailed on Quest, so I am sure you are correct, and my information is outdated.

I can't blame you on opting for the less healthy options. It's what I do too :)

If they don't have the fruit you want by the smoothie bar but it's out on the breakfast buffet, bring it over to them and they'll throw it in the blender.

They put up a sign with some suggested combos of juices, fruits, nuts, and cereals. They will make anything you want to order.

If they don't have the fruit you want by the smoothie bar but it's out on the breakfast buffet, bring it over to them and they'll throw it in the blender.

They put up a sign with some suggested combos of juices, fruits, nuts, and cereals. They will make anything you want to order.

Yes, they will. I just couldn't get anything to taste quite right, so I decided that bacon was a better deal.:D

Is there an extra charge for them?

Hi Nikless !

The smoothies are complimentary. However, a bacon smoothie will cost you in other ways :)

Enjoy your Cruise !

hummmm I love smoothies but they must have a lot of calories???? And I think my breakfasts onboard are too much anyway:mad:

A few runs round the deck will wipe out the calories, I'll be right behind you running off my breakfast, snacks, smoothies, burgers, cakes and whatever else will fit in:D

Just wanted to say thanks for the smoothie info...

I hadn't read about this in all my research..

My DH has a smoothie each morning as part of his breakfast

and he was THRILLED to hear that he won't have to begin a smoothie detox for our cruise...:)

BTW, not all smoothies are fattening...

We make one with

organic non fat yogurt, organic apple juice,organic banana, organic frozen berries

(which are full of antioxidants) and then blend..

you could add a smidge of raw sugar or honey if you need it sweetened.

People, people. Smoothie first. Then, glass in hand, cruise buffet line and return for the croissants and exotic cheeses and frittata. Perhaps followed by a waffle.
Exactly Ulisses, exactly!

Does Azamara have eggs benny in their Lido? And is the hollandaise the good stuff laden with butter?

Archived