Foodie Questions!

bonni99

Hello- we are due on our first Azamara cruise in March and this site has proved invaluable with questions! My partner and I are real foodies and we were swayed by reading about afternoon tea served to the cabin by our steward/butler and canapes at 5.30 in the evening! Can anyone give more details about these? We are veteran Cunard cruisers where afternoon tea is served on a grand scale but I really like the idea of it being served in the cabin!

One further question- do they leave chocolates on the pillow at turndown? Are these a particular brand or could they be truffles, choc dipped strawberries? I am sounding very gluttonous! Am getting excited at the countdown to our cruise though!

Hello- we are due on our first Azamara cruise in March and this site has proved invaluable with questions! My partner and I are real foodies and we were swayed by reading about afternoon tea served to the cabin by our steward/butler and canapes at 5.30 in the evening! Can anyone give more details about these? We are veteran Cunard cruisers where afternoon tea is served on a grand scale but I really like the idea of it being served in the cabin!

One further question- do they leave chocolates on the pillow at turndown? Are these a particular brand or could they be truffles, choc dipped strawberries? I am sounding very gluttonous! Am getting excited at the countdown to our cruise though!

Yes, they do have an excellent afternoon tea around 3 or 3:30 and the canapes 5 or 5:30. Just fill out with your butler the night before, the time and what you would like and it is delivered to your cabin the next afternoon.

They do have the choc dipped strawberries in the afternoon as well. They do leave chocolates on pillows at turndown.

Enjoy and have a great cruise.

All cabins? we will have an inside cabin. And as long as we are having a foodie post could former cruisers suggest some of their favorite menu items. Thanks.

Hi Sue !

I cannot recommend specific menu items, as they may have changed since I last sailed on Azamara. However, I hope you will try Aqualina and Prime C. I thought they were the best Specialty Dining venues I've ever had, on any Cruise ship. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

One further question- do they leave chocolates on the pillow at turndown? Are these a particular brand or could they be truffles, choc dipped strawberries?

On our 2 Azamara Cruises in 2009, they did leave sweets at turndown. They were not chocolates, but a variety of sweets from truffles to chocolate dipped stawberries, to petit fours. All homemade and delicious... the only problem is that we were never hungry by the time we went to bed... must admit I had chocolate strawberries before breakfast once or twice!:rolleyes:

MC

Special requests are welcome. We told our butler not to leave the sweets at bedtime since we are diabetic. Nothing would have been fine. However, he brought us a tin of sugarfree mints. That was unexpected, but very much appreciated. Also, I have some food restrictions which posed no problem for the dining room, They were great. I enjoyed most of the food especially in Prime C. The meat and fish were very good. The crabcakes were outstanding. However the lobster was very tough and overcooked. The pizza was good....it was only available at lunch...wish it were available all day. My only real complaint was the awful coffee. Having worked in my family restaurant, the problem is probably dirty urns. If you don't clean urns well, the coffee suffers. I drank tea instead. Espresso was better than the regular coffee.

Bad coffee seems to be a universal trend on ships. We have a travel French press. We order hot water from room service and have it delivered as our wake-up call. We get the coffee started while we do our wake up ritual and if we are lucky enough to be in a balcony cabin, enjoy a GOOD cup of coffee as we are either docking or as the sea moves along beside us.

Archived