Ladies...I need help finding a good read

ajagent

If she likes mysteries I recommend James Patterson. He writes the

Alex Cross series.. 2 of them were made into movies with Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross.

Tell her to look into the "In Death" series that's written by Nora Roberts but under the name of JD Robb - it's a terrific series. I started a couple of years ago and am getting to the end of the entire series -- I didn't think I'd like it when it was suggested to me, but I can't put them down!

For something light and quick...Robert B. Parker writes the "Spenser" series....sounds dorky, but it's a fun read! "Spenser" is quite the smartass and the folks he get involved with are fun! You can start anywhere in the series, but there is a "beginning"...about 25-30 books in all!

I totally agree with the three series above. Good mysteries that keep you engaged, but light enough reading that you can still enjoy your cruise. The Spenser series is a hoot. Good mystery story lines, but he has caught a "real" personality with the sarcastic humor of his character. And I own every one of the J.D. Robb "In Death" Series. Incredibly interesting stories IMO.

I also recommend Carol Higgings Clark's books "the Regan Reilly Mysteries". Fast moving, light mysteries about a PI married to a cop (head of NY Major Case Squad), her parents (Mom is a writer), and various friends who seem to trip over mysteries every step of their lives. Easy reading but enjoyable.

I inhale books and can't travel without access to them. Thank goodness for the libraries on the ships - I would need a whole suitcase just for books if I had to bring what I read. They are a good place for her to browse to see if there are any new authors she might be interested in. Have a great cruise!:)

I agree with a couple other posters - Janet Evanovich - Stephanie Plum Numbers series. They are quick reads and laugh out loud funny! Make sure you aren't within "spraying" distance if she should happen to take a sip of her drink of the day and get to one of those funny parts!

BTW - I'm in my mid-40's just to give you an "age gauge"

JANET E. for sure!!

I don't know about ALL lines but HAL always has some of hers in their Library. Stop by early and pick up a couple...............

You will get hooked, for sure.

If you read #1 first you will get an idea regarding the main characters but you don't HAVE to read them in order.

ENJOY THE CRUISE AND JANET.;)

Archived