Grenada Rhum Runner excursion

screagan

I found this when doing a quick google search:

Boat Cruise
You can dance to steel-band music (and sip rum punch) aboard
Rhum Runner
or
Rhum Runner II
while cruising along Grenada’s southwestern coast. There’s a brief stop at Grand Reef, here you can view marine life. The party continues onward to secluded Morne Rouge Bay, where you can snorkel, swim or walk along the white-sand beach. On the return trip, dance or do the limbo to your heart’s content.
2-4 hours. US$30-$35.

The date on this was 2001 though, so prices may have gone up.

~Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I did this excursion last summer. The boat and crew are really great. A big "party boat" They really pour the rum and dance with everyone. The only downside in my opinion was when we got to the beach. You were not able to relax for one moment. The vendors were all over you and they were actually quite "pushy". I don't know what it would be like now after the hurricaine.

Hope this helps.

Corinne

*sigh* Vendors, vendors! Never-ending complaints about them! It's really irritating that I've read so many positive comments about Grenada that always end with "except for the vendors".

I wish they would finally get a clue that they are a detriment to people's experience here :(

/rant off

I had a chance to pass by Morne Rouge Bay yesterday and while I didn't stop on the beach, I was right on the hillside overlooking it. Saw the Rhum Runner pulling in to the beach with the steel pan (drum) music being carried through the air. Looked like the had a decent-sized crowd on board.

I don't know if for some reason, you went to Grand Anse (where most of the vendors would be) but I didn't see very many of them from my vantage point overlooking Morne Rouge and as far as I know, that beach doesn't usually have lots of vendors.

As an aside, the water/sand there looked quite good. Better than I previously remember it as I hadn't been there in a while.

We recently did this tour while on the Celebrity Constellation and had a blast. The crew is fun and the rum is tasty and pours from a bottomless bottle. The 'vendors' were somewhat of a drag. However, we found that the people of Grenada (Grenadians:p ) were the nicest of all the island people we encountered. We did not stop at a reef however. I'm not sure if this was due to the rough water or not but we made our way right to the beach. All in all, this was a great excursion! I hope you get to go.

Glen

• 10 months later...

While in Grenada last week the Rhum Runner pulled up to the beach we were at. They were blasting the music while coming into the beach and we were all dreading having to listen to it while we were trying to relax. That is the reason we picked Morne Rouge Beach over Grand Anse. Once they came onto the beach, the music quieted down and the crowd dispersed. It looked like the cruisers there were having a good time though while being considerate of those who werent booked on the party ship.

• 2 months later...

We had a blast on the Rhum Runner II. It started out from the main harbor. They gave a good history of Grenada and pointed out some of the sites along the coast. There was plenty of free rum punch available the whole trip, but they did have a cash bar with cold Caribes for $2. We went past Grande Anse beach to the next little bay and stopped on the beach for 1 1/2 hours. There were the usual peddlers there, but not as thick as on Grande Anse beach. Some entrepreneurs were selling cold beer out of coolers at 3 Caribes for $5. We then got back on board and went back to the harbor. On the way back the back, the steel drum band cranked up and a limbo contest started. I think the total time was around 4 hours. I would classify this as a booze cruise, so keep that in mind when booking the excursion.

Excellent!

Glad you enjoyed it too!

We had a great time. I loved the rum punch....pretty strong though!

Did one of the guys from the Rhumm Runner come into the sea with a tray of punch? He did for us...can't ask for more than that!! (especially as we were there on New Years Eve)!!

All good fun! Would definitely recommend it...if you like a drink!

• 9 months later...

The last time we cruised to Grenada had to be about 1996. We took the Rhum Runner Party boat excursion which we had booked through Carnival. We will be back in Grenada in April, as we are sailing on the NCL Dawn. I'd love to do this same party boat. It had THE BEST rum punch EVER!! It was smooooooooooooooooooooth and potent!

Can anyone tell me if this excursion is still available, either through the cruise line or directly with the owners? Thanks.

We were on Grenada in April this year. The Rhum Runner made a very loud landing on BBC beach and spent several hours blasting calypso and dispensing beverages. Very entertaining when they ran aground on the sand bar, and left one poor fellow behind!

When the captain says we leave at 4pm, best be on board at 3:50.

Enjoy the trip.

Just wondering if this is the party boat that Princess Tours uses, or if it's a different one. We will not have much time there, so would feel better using the ships tour. I haven't heard anything about it! If anyone knows, I would appreciate your input. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

We have been to Grenada quite a few times - done all the basic tours. I do not swim and DH due to health problems can no longer snorkle.

SO...

What can anyone tell me about the Rhum Runner Pleasure excursion? How large is the boat that takes you to the beach? I know that it is a 45 minute boat ride in each direction. Does the boat actually dock on the beach or do you have to swim ashore?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hi krazy kruisers

we have been on the Rum Runner cruise twice and have really enjoyed it both times.It is a party boat with a steel band playing and dancing on the way back. The captain is very informative on the way to the beach and all the crew are very friendly.At the beach they get close enough for you to wade onto the sand. My husband is also a non-swimmer but the sea is quite shallow and calm. Everyone on the trip really enjoyed themselves so i can recommend it if you like to party.:D

Archived