MDR and jeans

Kelly07

On the Jewel last week Tzars did not permit jeans and both Azura and Tzars had large signs at the hostess station stating that. I did not see jeans in Tzars but did in Azura.

On the Star in Oct. 09 I saw jeans worn in both main dining rooms and I do not recall any signage stating they were not allowed.

Two comments:

1.) Yes, inconsistancy in the enforcement of any rule has always bothered me. If you have a rule, then enforce it. If you arent' going to enforce a rule, then the rule is either stupid or unnecessary.

Some of the inconsistancy stems from fear of confronting passengers. Nothing worse than an irrate passenger making a scene in a dinning room or threatening to write up the employee. Employees promotion and pay are contingent upon good reviews and no negative reports. That is why many "front line" staff (hostesses, maitre'd's, etc.) are sometimes hesitant to confront passengers. I have always advocated for the ship to assign a security officer or ship officer to those areas during dining times to handle such confrontations.

2.) It still amazes me that there is such a big concern about what other people are wearing!! Nosey, busybodies!! I could care less what the person at the other table is wearing. My concern is enjoying my meal and the company of the people that I am with. I have never had a meal ruined because the person at the next table was wearing at tux! (or jeans...lol)

People should stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and concentrate on themselves and their party.

I wonder why people love Ncl , because freestyle , so they dont have to seat and eat with others , sooo , let others do what they want LOL

use the freestyle 100% :)

Archived