Do they ever "max" out a stateroom?

tazcat70

We just got off of the Carnival Fantasy out of Mobile. I think our cabin could have handled 5 there were 2 twin beds could have been made into a king 2 pull down beds and a rollaway under one of the twins. there was also a tiny mattress and a little metal thing to put it in a little baby could sleep in. Cabin E199 would work.

No, I am talking about a double stateroom, with a pack and play for my toddler. So it would be my husband, I, and our son.

If its rated for 2 then the answer is no, it has to be a cabin rated for 3, but as I explained, some older ships can take a rollaway or a crib that only have two beds, but not all can. It has to be rated for 3 people to hold 3.

A direct answer to your question is....no.

Each cabin is designated to hold a certain number of passengers. EACH soul is counted, including babies and toddlers.

In order for you all to be together in ONE cabin, you'd have to be in a cabin that is designated as holding 5 people.

A very few ships have this....including Carnival. Easiest way to find out is to call them..they can tell you which ships have family cabins.

It's a fire and Coast Guard regulation.......they won't overbook a cabin....and, again, ALL souls are counted.

I am sorry G'ma but I keep butting heads with you all over CC

The real answer is yes. We are a family of 5 and I know it happens. There are only a couple of Carnivals ships that we cannot be together on. I understand where you're coming from needing to be in the same cabin. Some people on this site will be stuck up and say no, no why on earth would you be so cramped.. it's outrageous to put that many people in a room. But alas... I just can't send my 2 and 4 yr old down the hall... don't even think the 9 yr old would like it. What you get is a king bed, and either 1upper & 1lower or 2 uppers... then a roll away. Now for us it was totally fine because we only slept and showered in the room, our vacation did not occur in the cabin. Not to mention, by morning the youngest had made her way from the roll away to our bed, and the middle had hopped down to sleep with us too! So for those with younger children...it is very do-able.. and I wouldn't have it any other way!:D

Sorry if this post seemed grouchy.. I'm trying to hard not to let the negative people that troll these boards infect me... they seem to lurk around every corner. :eek: Watch out!

We are a family of 5. Our youngest child will be 2 when we sail, and I was wondering if we could all sail in a quad. Or 2 doubles with one maxed out to a triple?

Anyone have this information?

Thanks!

I believe you'll find that Fire and G'ma are correct on this one, i.e., that you'll have to book cabin(s) with a bed for each PAX and you'll have to pay 3rd/4th/5th PAX rate for the young one . Also that only certain ships allow 5 in a cabin.

Call TA/Carnival and let us know what they say.

ken

You might want to check the price difference between 5 in one room and getting two rooms that connect.

I was going to get one room for 4 of us, but when I cheked into it, the price for two connecting rooms wasn't that much more. And I know that having two bathrooms will be real nice. I told the wife that she can have her very own bathroom all to herself for her and all her "stuff" and she won't have to deal with any "guy smells" me and my two boys sometimes create in the bathroom.:eek:

For 5 in one room you are paying ror 2 regular prices and a 3x 4x and 5x person. For two rooms you will pay for 4 regular prices and a 3x person. So the price difference will only be on 2 people.

We are also a family of five with a 3, 6, and 7 year old. We also found that the price for 2 connecting rooms was about the same as booking 5 in one room.

We booked with a PVP while looking at deck plans so I could make sure the rooms actually connected. Then you can leave the door open between rooms and the kids can still come and see you or get into your bed, etc.

we also book suites with or connecting rooms when staying in a regular hotel for more than a few days.

OP never came back and said which ship, which determines the answer. It has to be on a ship that allows rollaways (Im assuming they dont want the expensive options on Dream and Liberty).

If its a Conquest class ship, it wouldnt have rollaways so you can just look at the deck plans and count the beds. It only becomes a issue on the older ships.

One member of my group wanted to place a pack n play into their cabin for their baby. Was told that Carnival WILL NOT allow 3 in a cabin this is listed as a double. There may be some cabins that allow 5 people - even if it is listed as a quad because there is something in the system that allows it. But these sell out very quickly. So maybe the ship the OP is hoping to go on already has these cabins full. Sometimes wanting some particular type of cabin is hard unless you plan months (almost a year) in advance.

We are a family of 5. Our youngest child will be 2 when we sail, and I was wondering if we could all sail in a quad. Or 2 doubles with one maxed out to a triple?

Anyone have this information?

Thanks!

We wanted to rebook an aft wraparound on the Legend for our next cruise. Had one last time with our 4 year old and it was great!. We now have an infant as well and were told we could not wheel a crib into the room unless the room was designated as holding four passengers. If it has bunks for four we can roll a crib in and not use the 4th bunk; but you can't roll a crib into a cabin that holds three and use it as the 4th bunk. Bummer.... Hope this helps. Bill.

We traveled on Disney with five of us - they would not allow five to a room without going to the "family stateroom". Instead we opting for two side by side inside cabins that was a cheaper option and we had our own privacy and bathroom. Our kids were 12, 12 & 14 so we didn't mind that we didn't have "connecting rooms". I could not imagine being four or five to a room and only one bathroom, no matter how little time you spend in the cabin. My sister traveled with four to a room and she said it was tough getting ready for dinner with everyone needing to shower after you get on board from in a port, or being on deck in the pool, etc. I think I could handle the cramped quarters at night more than I could handle the use of the bathroom.

We are going on our third cruise and only one child (16 years old now) is able to come with us this time so we will be sharing our room for the first time - it will be interesting!

Each cabin can hold as many passengers as the deck plans say they allow, no more. The ship has enough seats on the lifeboats for exactly the number of passengers (based on occupancy in the cabins) and crew.

thats not exactly true. On the older ships that allow 5 to a cabin, a rollaway can be added, so you need to check on the TA links to see which cabins allow a rollaway.

Thats why I kept asking the OP which ship she was on. Without that bit of important info, no one knows if she can or cannot put a rollaway in the cabin.

Archived