DoD, Souvenir Cup

hvyhttr

On a kind of side note, we were told this week-end that you HAVE to use all your drink coupons on this sailing and not future. They are coded. It could happen to work if the bartender on new sailing will allow but they told us it was very doubtful.

Unless something has changed very recently that's not true.

I used drink coupons from last February on my sailing on the Carnival Dream just two months ago...

I've heard this same thing several times in the past and it's never been true...

:)

Oh crap I have coupons from last year that I keep forgetting to use:eek:

I also have some from my last sailing. I hope this is not true, cause we bought a lot extra for our Liberty sailing, thinking we would use them on our NEXT cruise. I don't drink that much - but I may have to start!;)

DODs are served in the same souvenir glass (plastic...):

Dream328.jpg

Some ships have yellow and/or orange glasses but the same shape. You save about $.75/ DOD without the glass.

You can also purchase extra cost coconut monkey heads for your drinks...

IMG_0689.jpg

:)

One word.....HAPPY!!!!!!!

I also have some from my last sailing. I hope this is not true, cause we bought a lot extra for our Liberty sailing, thinking we would use them on our NEXT cruise. I don't drink that much - but I may have to start!;)

is there any code or date on them>?

I bought a Monkeyhead drink and a Whaletail drink, because....I had to. Pretty spendy, but I had to have them, so I'am happy, but just a little FYI for those who are planning on getting them: the cup that holds the actual drink inside is very small. So it kind of seems like your getting a nice big drink, but I think you really get a smaller one. Hope I'am wrong on this. Anyway, I love mine and am happy I bought them. (Somehow I also have growing collection of plastic DOD glasses too. But they're great for pre-cruise parties.)

Sorry if this is a silly question-1st cruise in April-:o

So if I don't want a souvenir cup...I can just ask for a DoD in a regular cup?

On our Glory cruise, there were empty DOD glasses all over the ship that people had left behind. The staff was just throwing them away.

I hope those of you saying you can use drink coupons are correct, but I did ask two different bartenders on the Imagination this past week-end. I wanted to use them for our Dream Cruise. When told no both times, I ended up traded in four of them for a bottle of wine in the dining room which I brought home.

Both bartenders told me the coupons are coded by ship and can only be accepted by the ship they were purchased for and linked to the same booking. One bartended showed me the numbers on each coupon and said that was the code. Now, they may have just been saying as they have been taught on this ship but seemed to be in agreement at two different bars.

Maybe if you get certain bartenders on future ships and just hand them to them, they will let you use them. I think that is how it should be but not what I was told this past week-end when I asked twice. Perhaps you can call CCL and get a name or e-mail confirmation that it is okay to use them on next ship...

On our Glory cruise, there were empty DOD glasses all over the ship that people had left behind. The staff was just throwing them away.

I've picked up several of those and bought them home and washed them for my grandkids....dennis

is there any code or date on them>?

No dates or codes. Just the regular numbers, as the drink coupons have always had. We always have some left over from each cruise, and just use them on the next. Truthfully, I am not really worried about it. It doesn't say anywhere (on Carnival site) that purchased drink coupons have to be used on that sailing, exclusively.

No dates or codes. Just the regular numbers, as the drink coupons have always had. We always have some left over from each cruise, and just use them on the next. Truthfully, I am not really worried about it. It doesn't say anywhere (on Carnival site) that purchased drink coupons have to be used on that sailing, exclusively.

I was told the "regular numbers" are coded by ship. They do look like they have always looked from way back.

Maybe it is something new? Hope not.

Okay. The mystery is solved and we have a good answer. I called Bon Voyage Department and she seemed to know for sure - but then again, the bartenders were adamant as well... Let's go with Bon Voyage though. :)

You certainly can use them on future sailings. Now, if you have several of them, you should call Bon Voyage prior to sailing and let them know. You should try to use coupons within one year. There technically is no expiration date, but she said you should call prior to sailing if you have older ones so they can make note and will be valid on ship with no questions - I guess if you get bartenders like I had. :eek:

Hope this clears this up for all.

Okay. The mystery is solved and we have a good answer. I called Bon Voyage Department and she seemed to know for sure - but then again, the bartenders were adamant as well... Let's go with Bon Voyage though. :)

You certainly can use them on future sailings. Now, if you have several of them, you should call Bon Voyage prior to sailing and let them know. You should try to use coupons within one year. There technically is no expiration date, but she said you should call prior to sailing if you have older ones so they can make note and will be valid on ship with no questions - I guess if you get bartenders like I had. :eek:

Hope this clears this up for all.

Thanks for checking up on that. I will use my "old" coupons first, then my new ones. I will use any left-over "new" ones in December - unless I can talk dh into cruising over this summer!

We love the funnel cups they make great piggy banks when you get home, I've saved as much as $90 in them great for future cruise drinks! Karon:)

That is what I use my MonkeyHead and Funnel cups for. All of my change goes in them and since my last cruise I have saved just over $600 to use last week on the Splendor (which I missed because of emergency medical problems), There will be another cruise so I can use all of my change on that one.

Brogan's Irish Cream, Gosling's Black Seal Rum and Ghirardelli chocolate...

:D

Thanks! Will have to try that in March.

If you buy one of the souvenior glasses, can you continue to use it the whole week for the discount price? I wouldn't mind getting one, but I don't want to have to get one each day. :o

You can not only use it for the entire week, but you can use it on future cruises like I do.

Drinking_trink42.gif

That is what I use my MonkeyHead and Funnel cups for. All of my change goes in them and since my last cruise I have saved just over $600 to use last week on the Splendor (which I missed because of emergency medical problems), There will be another cruise so I can use all of my change on that one.

Thats what I've been using mine for too. I got my monkey head on my first cruise and my Whale tail cup on the Freedom last June. Unfortunately my 2 year old loved the Whale Tail cup so much she would carry it around the house and broke it a week after I got back from the cruise so I hope continue to sell them.

012-4.jpg

062.jpg

Happy Cruising Ya'll!:)

Thats what I've been using mine for too. I got my monkey head on my first cruise and my Whale tail cup on the Freedom last June. Unfortunately my 2 year old loved the Whale Tail cup so much she would carry it around the house and broke it a week after I got back from the cruise so I hope continue to sell them.

012-4.jpg

062.jpg

Happy Cruising Ya'll!:)

They will always sell them, they are a trademark item for Carnival.

Archived