Labeling Luggage Tags

friedshrimp

I asked this question in someone else's thread but didn't really get it answered so I thought I'd start my own thread to see if there is a better response. How do you label the luggage tag if you have a guaranteed cabin but no cabin number? My understanding is we won't get the cabin number until after we check in (I believe....first time without an assigned cabin on arrival), but you normally give your luggage to the porters before you check in. Anyone done this before??? Someone stated the porter would have the room number but I read somewhere else that you don't get your room assignment until you check in? So how would the porter have it before you check in? I'm happy with the money I saved by selecting just a guaranteed oceanview room (hoping for a free upgrade to Grand Suite or something :D), but I'm just trying to get a feel for what happens in what order in this situation. Thanks for any help y'all can provide.

Edit (couldn't edit previous post so had to add new) -- I looked at the Princess website but it doesn't show a cabin number (I'll assume they haven't assigned it yet then). Does anyone know how long it takes before they assign a cabin and how do you know after they assign a cabin if you get an upgrade (I would assume they could give you an upgrade at the initial assignment or possibly change your cabin down the road all the way up to check in). I'm sorry if these questions sound stupid or I sound anxious, but this is the first time I haven't had a cabin assignment from the get-go, so I just don't know what to expect here. Again, thanks for the responses.

Edit (couldn't edit previous post so had to add new) -- I looked at the Princess website but it doesn't show a cabin number (I'll assume they haven't assigned it yet then). Does anyone know how long it takes before they assign a cabin and how do you know after they assign a cabin if you get an upgrade (I would assume they could give you an upgrade at the initial assignment or possibly change your cabin down the road all the way up to check in). I'm sorry if these questions sound stupid or I sound anxious, but this is the first time I haven't had a cabin assignment from the get-go, so I just don't know what to expect here. Again, thanks for the responses.

Are you asking about a July cruise or a cruise within the next week or so? According to your sig, you are on the Emerald in July. If this is so, why would you be stressing now? You still have six months to get an assignment.

So what you're saying is the cabin will actually be assigned prior to arrival and there will be no chance/possibility of it changing during check-in?

Correct. By the time you arrive at the port, the cabin will have been assigned for sure and the porters will have a list so if you did not know your assignment, they can tell it to you.

As Pia says, don't lose any sleep over this. Your cabin could be assigned anytime between now and the day you show up at the port. Most likely is that it will be assigned weeks before you cruise.

If you do get an upgrade from your initial cabin assignment, you could learn about it anytime from when that first assignment is made up until you reach the port.

You'll be assigned a cabin before the ship sails...and if you don't know it by the time you get to port, the luggage carriers will have the list, and will know where to take your luggage. Then when YOU get to the front of the sign-in line, YOU'LL know. :)

MasterSergeant Rob,

You may know what a MANIFEST is.

The Longshoremen (or Porters) at the Port all have a copy of your ship's MANIFEST.

Unlike the Air Force, it is not alphabetical by height - just Alphabetical. The Porter looks up your name and finds your cabin number. He writes your name and cabin number on a tag that he has and attaches it to your luggage and takes your luggage and your tip.

You will then go into the Terminal and check in. After boarding, ship crew will direct you to your cabin.

The Crown Prince = AZ1, USNR-R

:D:D;):D:D

MasterSergeant Rob,

You may know what a MANIFEST is.

The Longshoremen (or Porters) at the Port all have a copy of your ship's MANIFEST.

Unlike the Air Force, it is not alphabetical by height - just Alphabetical. The Porter looks up your name and finds your cabin number. He writes your name and cabin number on a tag that he has and attaches it to your luggage and takes your luggage and your tip.

You will then go into the Terminal and check in. After boarding, ship crew will direct you to your cabin.

The Crown Prince = AZ1, USNR-R

:D:D;):D:D

Oh, that's FUNNY as hell (accurate, but so damn funny)!!! Nice post Petty Officer 1st Class !!! ;)

Yes, this is in correlation to my wife's and my cruise in July. We're not losing sleep over it, just excited over the possibilities of where we could be on the ship! One other question if y'all don't mind, do they ever change the cabin of someone who is in a GUAR cabin or once they get around to assigning it, that's it, it doesn't change? Thanks for all of the input and the laughs AZ1, USNR-R.

Oh, that's FUNNY as hell (accurate, but so damn funny)!!! Nice post Petty Officer 1st Class !!! ;)

Yes, this is in correlation to my wife's and my cruise in July. We're not losing sleep over it, just excited over the possibilities of where we could be on the ship! One other question if y'all don't mind, do they ever change the cabin of someone who is in a GUAR cabin or once they get around to assigning it, that's it, it doesn't change? Thanks for all of the input and the laughs AZ1, USNR-R.

Yes they can and do, but if it is changed it's always for the better. We booked FF guarantee for cruise on the Crown this weekend. Two weeks later we got assigned a D. OK with us. Tuesday we were upgraded again; this time to a BA. Can't complain about that! :D

Archived