What British comfort would you like to see on your ex-UK cruise on a non-UK ship?

kelly@

Draft Real Ale (British bitter at British prices)

Marmite

English bacon

Pork pie

Fish, chips and mushy peas

HP brown sauce

Walkers crisps

Twiglets

Roast beef & Yorkshire Pudding

Bread and butter pudding and warm custard

Tea making facilities in cabins would be a great idea, we had them on the Brilliance of the seas last June in the Med although the downside was my other half is a coffee drinker and there was no coffee! unles you went and got it from one of the cafe`s or the packets of Hot chocolate.

They also had English bacon and it was not cooked to death like they do with the American stuff along with UK Sausages.

UK currency when crusing out of the UK would also be good for us here but maybe not so good for those from the USA.

But that's the whole point of serving ale at the correct temperature - we were in San Diego recently (of all places) and found a wonderful 'pub' that served continental and english ales at the correct temperature - cool but not frozen so that the taste has been obliterated.........

I really miss a good cup of tea when I am traveling and the first thing I do when I get home is to have one.

It really is amazing that so many kitchens in so much of the world do not get the concept of pouring BOILING water over the tea and then serving it in a timely manner.

We should ask for the tea to be made correctly every time we fill out a comment card at the end of a cruise. Maybe X would listen to us if enough of us asked for it. After all it is "designed for me"........

I really miss a good cup of tea when I am traveling and the first thing I do when I get home is to have one.

It really is amazing that so many kitchens in so much of the world do not get the concept of pouring BOILING water over the tea and then serving it in a timely manner.

We should ask for the tea to be made correctly every time we fill out a comment card at the end of a cruise. Maybe X would listen to us if enough of us asked for it. After all it is "designed for me"........

Trivia when Tea was introduced into England it stopped the chance of getting cholera because of Boiling the water

Trivia when Tea was introduced into England it stopped the chance of getting cholera because of Boiling the water

Now, if there is some evidence that boiled water cuts down on Norovirus transmission we just may have a chance..........

Decent ale on draft.

Some years ago an entrepreneur/designer came up with a device that would allow for the carriage and serving of beer on board ships. I think that the economics made it unviable unfortunately. A pint or three of Old Hooky or Doom Bar would go down a treat. One can but dream…….

grunphy

I was in the UK two years ago its chilled for your taste but not cold eneough for Aussie or American Drinkers so Come on Down and get a cold beer.

Different kinds of brew require different temps.

Say, does draught Swan still have arsenic in it ?

That stuff used to give me the worst headaches (only after a couple), canned was OK. Someone said the draught had Ar in it as a preservative.

I havent cruised before so not an expert but I would like a kettle and tea , coffee etc in the room so we can make our own when needed . But,we are going to the Med , some local food choices would be good, local wines even better ! What about being able to plug in our electrical bits, phone charger, hair straighteners etc do we need an adaptor?:)

grunphy

I was in the UK two years ago its chilled for your taste but not cold eneough for Aussie or American Drinkers so Come on Down and get a cold beer.

Different kinds of brew require different temps.

Say, does draught Swan still have arsenic in it ?

That stuff used to give me the worst headaches (only after a couple), canned was OK. Someone said the draught had Ar in it as a preservative.

I agree but after drinking ten or fifteen cans in 43c heat you feel no pain the only problem with cans is getting frostbite in the left hand

Reminds me of the time just after I emmigrated to Canada my parents had come to visit and we were sitting outside in downtown Victoria.. (They portray themselves to be more English than England) The tea arrived, we sat and continued to chat for 5 mins letting it brew/steep nicely.. when my mum poured it, it was so weak it was like water..... Then we discovered 'it was water' the tea bags were sitting still in their wraps on the side..

<i>ten or fifteen cans in 43c heat you feel no pain the only problem with cans is getting frostbite in the left hand

</i>

Barry McKenzie lives on ;)

Get a stubby m8 - lol.

I/we cruise for the experience, when in Rome..................... :p

Decent beer, less of that awful American stuff and more European/British brands

Decent tea, prepared properly.....good tea (loose or a decent tea bag), a scalded tea pot, and boiling (not hot) water.

Sailed 4 weks ago on Century. They have Boddingtons bitters and pale ale and one or two others I can't remember. Last year I had a ale that was really flat. The bar tender told me it was the first one he served in 4 months. Now check the dates. They have other EU's as well. also. buy a bucket of 5 Corona get one free. If you call $5 each a bargain. Intternet beer package recently ended.

Archived