Food musts on Emerald

adk0425

So excited, we just booked our April 25th cruise aboard the Emerald Princess (my 40th birthday, YIPPIE).

I am a foodie and would love to hear suggestions of food musts that I have, or should try my very hardest, to try while on the ship. This will be my 4th cruise but 1st on a Princess ship. There is no food I won't try at least once, except those "bizarre foods" from the Travel Channel.

So excited, we just booked our April 25th cruise aboard the Emerald Princess (my 40th birthday, YIPPIE).

I am a foodie and would love to hear suggestions of food musts that I have, or should try my very hardest, to try while on the ship. This will be my 4th cruise but 1st on a Princess ship. There is no food I won't try at least once, except those "bizarre foods" from the Travel Channel.

Escargot!!

Although I didn't try it (I heard about the raves after I got back home), I understand the Black & Blue french onion soup is very, very good.

I would also suggest you have lunch on one of your sea days in the Wheelhouse; have their English pub food. :) I've had their fish & chips, Ploughman's lunch, and bangers & mash (sausage & mashed potatoes if you aren't familier with the term). I didn't get to try the bangers & mash due to the # of sea days. I really liked the fish & chips & ploughman's lunch though, washed down with a pint of Stella Artois beer. I'm not a big beer fan, but I did like Stella.

I agree that the Chef's Table is something you shouldn't miss as a foodie. And yes, the black and blue onion soup in the Crown Grill is very good as well. I personally also enjoy the souffles on the nights they offer them in the dining room.

Have a wonderful cruise and happy birthday!

Escargot!!

So where is the best place on the Emerald Princess to get the great Escargot?? I love really good escargot and don't want to miss it. Main Dining Room or in one of the speciality Restaurants? We will be on the Emerald in March

I am a Foodie and have tried Sabatini's in the past as well as Sterling's Steak house. Would you recommend the Crown Grill? Also cannot decide between the Ultimate Balcony Dining or The Chef's Table. Imput:confused:

So where is the best place on the Emerald Princess to get the great Escargot?? I love really good escargot and don't want to miss it. Main Dining Room or in one of the speciality Restaurants? We will be on the Emerald in March

I am a Foodie and have tried Sabatini's in the past as well as Sterling's Steak house. Would you recommend the Crown Grill? Also cannot decide between the Ultimate Balcony Dining or The Chef's Table. Imput:confused:

It has to be ordered 24 hours in advance from your waiter in the DR.

There is one night during the cruise that it will be available for everyone but you have to ask for it as it won't be on the menu.

I think the CG is fantatstic, the live Maine lobster/rack of lamb/filet/ribeye/12 ounce Brazillian lobster tail are excellent.

No question....go for the Chef's Table!!

International Cafe: chicken salad, seafood salad. Chocolate iced doughnuts with slivered almonds...be sure to get there in the morning or they will be gone :eek:. I could go on & on, but the IC is a great place to eat. Plus...if you buy a coffee card regular brewed coffee & tea is not charged a punch(only cafe latte etc) & the card will be good on future cruises, no exp. date. I was surprised by how many people did not know this.

Jan in Mi

On the first formal night (2nd night at sea) there should be a pasta option in the MDR on the left side of the menu above the fettuchini. It is pasta with veal. It was sooooo good. I'm going on a cruise in a week and might order two as my main dish.

I also like the ham and cheese croissants in the International Cafe as a nice snack when getting back from shore. Also, the large shrimp salad in the IC that is in a light vinagarette - yummy.

If you're not on the Roll Call...head on over! It hasn't picked up too much, but we're there. :)

It has to be ordered 24 hours in advance from your waiter in the DR.

Can you/should you request escargot in advance if you make a reservation in one of the specialty restaurants? I'm a big fan of snails as well.

Can you/should you request escargot in advance if you make a reservation in one of the specialty restaurants? I'm a big fan of snails as well.

Good question! We've done traditional dining second seating in the past... and when we requested escargot, it was delivered the next evening.

How does this work with anytime dining? Anyone?

Archived