Food musts on Emerald

adk0425

It has to be ordered 24 hours in advance from your waiter in the DR.

There is one night during the cruise that it will be available for everyone but you have to ask for it as it won't be on the menu.

I think the CG is fantatstic, the live Maine lobster/rack of lamb/filet/ribeye/12 ounce Brazillian lobster tail are excellent.

We are doing Anytime Dining and probably will not have the same waiter each night. How would we be able to order this 24 hrs. in advance from the Dining room:confused: I have to figure out how to get the Escargot for my appetizer in the Dining Room. I think we will try the Crown Grill this trip. Sounds wonderful!!!

Can you/should you request escargot in advance if you make a reservation in one of the specialty restaurants? I'm a big fan of snails as well.

I would speak with the specialty restaurant manager possibly the day before you will dine there.

We are doing Anytime Dining and probably will not have the same waiter each night. How would we be able to order this 24 hrs. in advance from the Dining room:confused: I have to figure out how to get the Escargot for my appetizer in the Dining Room. I think we will try the Crown Grill this trip. Sounds wonderful!!!

I would speak with one of the head waiters at the door as soon as possible.

Another vote for the goat cheese souffle! Escargot was on the menu on the second formal night last month on the Sapphire and it was fabulous! The chilled soups are excellent, chocolate hazelnut souffle, floating islands, creme brulee, all the seafood appetizers were excellent.....I need to see the menus to remember more. ask your waiter for recommendations; once they know your taste, they'll steer you in the right direction and they know what the best dishes are. The duck was excellent for dinner, too.

That's the most wonderful thing about cruising is that you can try new things that you wouldn't normally try on land! Yummy! Glad to know that Escargot is available at least at times--didn't see it on the sample menus --got to try it on a Royal Caribbean cruise and eventhough I was very hesitant about it I quickly fell inlove with it. Very fattening I'm sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Are there additional charges for food from the Wheelhouse & International Cafe?

(Like chicken salad at the cafe and the Fish & Chips at Wheelhouse) Can't wait to try some new foods on our cruise! Thanks for this thread!!!

Are there additional charges for food from the Wheelhouse & International Cafe?

(Like chicken salad at the cafe and the Fish & Chips at Wheelhouse) Can't wait to try some new foods on our cruise! Thanks for this thread!!!

no additional charge for either...except for the gelato @ IC

Definitely the Black and Blue Onion Soup...excellent. Also, try the Tiramisu Martini at Adagios, not exactly food but its got marscapone cheese so it could qualify!! And don't forget the unlimited chocolate chip cookies and milk...darn, now I'm hungry :D

Is the Black and Blue Onion Soup available in the dining rooms or just in the specialty restaurant? I don't remember seeing it, but I'm starting to drool into my teacup as I think about it! Ah, yes, the hazelnut souffle, the loveboat dream, the fettucine alfredo, and just because I'm a mom of young persons who don't have an appreciation for it....asparagus! with hollandaise. And the chocolate croissants. Did I mention the donuts? My husband would vote for the pizza (except for the smoked salmon version he mistakenly picked up on our Alaska cruise!).

Archived