Are They Kidding

Woobstr112G

I'm not one to rant, but I cannot believe the customer service at Celebrity. I have an issue where I am unable to do anything online such as make a payment, buy drink package, order excursions, etc. I've made about 15 - 20 calls to Celebrity and have received responses that runn the gamut from "I don't have a clue" to "you have to call us to do anything." I have been given the runaround time after time and have talked to somee of the rudest and most condescending people I have ever talked to. Not all of the CS reps I've talked to are bad, a couple have been very helpful.

The rudest people I have encountered by far though have been in the Custom Air department. I've received numerous different answers to the same question I have asked. Most of the "Custom Air" people have extremely heavy accents and become very rude when you ask them a question or politely tell them you are having a hard time understanding them.

I returned to Celebrity because I grew bored with Princess. Now I am wondering if I made the right decision.....:mad::mad::mad:

I'm not one to rant, but I cannot believe the customer service at Celebrity. I have an issue where I am unable to do anything online such as make a payment, buy drink package, order excursions, etc. I've made about 15 - 20 calls to Celebrity and have received responses that runn the gamut from "I don't have a clue" to "you have to call us to do anything." I have been given the runaround time after time and have talked to somee of the rudest and most condescending people I have ever talked to. Not all of the CS reps I've talked to are bad, a couple have been very helpful.

The rudest people I have encountered by far though have been in the Custom Air department. I've received numerous different answers to the same question I have asked. Most of the "Custom Air" people have extremely heavy accents and become very rude when you ask them a question or politely tell them you are having a hard time understanding them.

I returned to Celebrity because I grew bored with Princess. Now I am wondering if I made the right decision.....:mad::mad::mad:

This is Celebrity's policy, to provide bodies to handle calls but not to engage customers with appropriate service levels to resolve even basic concerns. Amazing in these times that they still don't get it.

You didn't.

Were I you, I would cancel everything immediately and return to Princess. Boring though it may be, they seem to have suited your needs

Well, at least you don't sound bored. :mad: :p

It's funny that I and most others have never (or at least hardly ever) had problems like this with the "Call Center".

Have you ever cruised Celebrity before? Maybe you should try calling the "Captain's Club" for your problems instead of customer service. They are usually always very eager to solve any problem and/or help every customer.

Try the 3 P's of business communications (Professionalism, Politeness, and Persistence)

Here's the number:

U.S. & Canada..........................1-800-760-0654

Outside U.S. & Canada...............+1-316-554-5961

Fax: ......................................+1-305-373-4384

Hope This Helps.

Back in October we had a problem with our personal information regarding our cruise information. Everytime I checked it online, our account showed someone else's email address. After several attempts to correct it myself, I called Celebrity.(several times in fact before it was cleared up) Each time they were more than gracious in trying to help me get that person's name off my account. We have never had any problems that they didn't promptly handle or assist us in handling. Hopefully you will be successful in getting your situation cleared up. Maybe you just got the wrong person...

I agree with some of the previous posts...try a TA, or call Captain's Club. Wonder why you can't book anything "on-line"??? and if you can't, maybe CC or guest relations can do it for you???

Good Luck to you and keep trying!! Want you to have a great cruise! LuAnn

A friend we are travelling with had a similar problem working on-line. We cleared it up last night when I helped my friend correctly register his reservation number. Apparently he had made a mistake or omisson previously and could never log into his reservation. All is well now that he tried registering again, this time succssfully.

Hi Woobstr !

I highly recommend calling Captains Club. Ask to speak with a Supervisor. I always find them very eager to please. I believe you will find your solutions there. Enjoy your Cruise !

Well, at least you don't sound bored. :mad: :p

It's funny that I and most others have never (or at least hardly ever) had problems like this with the "Call Center".

Have you ever cruised Celebrity before? Maybe you should try calling the "Captain's Club" for your problems instead of customer service. They are usually always very eager to solve any problem and/or help every customer.

Try the 3 P's of business communications (Professionalism, Politeness, and Persistenc

Here's the number:

U.S. & Canada..........................1-800-760-0654

Outside U.S. & Canada...............+1-316-554-5961

Fax: ......................................+1-305-373-4384

Hope This Helps.

Thanks for taking the time to post the numbers. I sailed 3 in a row on Celebrity berore doing 3 in a row on princess. I've called Captain's club about a dozen times and for the most part have received absolutely horrible customer service. I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I just want my problem solved. It is very frustrating to get 10 different answers to the same question.

Bob

Thanks for taking the time to post the numbers. I sailed 3 in a row on Celebrity berore doing 3 in a row on princess. I've called Captain's club about a dozen times and for the most part have received absolutely horrible customer service. I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I just want my problem solved. It is very frustrating to get 10 different answers to the same question.

Bob

Sorry if I'm being too skeptical, but what IS your problem/question anyway?? It's hard to believe you are calling them to tell them you want to buy something and they don't go ahead on the phone and take your credit card number and sell it to you.

You keep talking about getting all these different answers. You've really got my curiousity up.

I know that if I go through my Captain's CLub account and try to book anything it gives me an error since they can't record my name properly. I have 2 first names and no middle. All travel records need to match my passport, so I just go through the Celebrity site, and not Captain's Club, and everything books fine. They tried to correct it, but until they change their program it won't work. It was a Captain's Club person who told me to go through just the website.

Mary Kaye (2 first names, no middle name)

....................they can't record my name properly. I have 2 first names and no middle. ................

Mary Kaye (2 first names, no middle name)

WHAT???

I really don't mean to sound harsh, but this is really hilarious. It should really be over on the thread about "the funniest thing you've heard" :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1126126

Do you have a last name?

Are there three names when you use your last name?

If there are, no matter what you want to call it, the second name is in the middle!:D:p:D

NO, I'M NOT KIDDING! I couldn't book any shore excursions if I was logged in through Captain's Club, or complete my cruise papaer work, since what I entered didn't match what my Captain's Club registration is (which is both names squished together, no space - not like it's on my birth certificate!). Glad I made you laugh.

Sorry if I'm being too skeptical, but what IS your problem/question anyway?? It's hard to believe you are calling them to tell them you want to buy something and they don't go ahead on the phone and take your credit card number and sell it to you.

You keep talking about getting all these different answers. You've really got my curiousity up.

No problem at all. I can do it all over the phone. The problem is when I try to do anything on line I get an error message saying my name and Captain's Club number don't match. I confirmed all my Captain's Club info, on my personal info page, is correct. I just want to be able to do it online and not have to call them at every turn. I know some may think it's not a big thing, but I would just like the added convience of being able to do it online. In trying to fix the problem is where I am experiencing the horrible customer service both with the regular reservation people and with the Captain's Club people.

Bob

I had this problem and worked around it by "blanking out" my captains club number to purchase excursions, etc. Then I went back later and re-entered it.

I just figured this out. Still can't pay down the cruise online though.....:(:(:(

Bob

You didn't.

Were I you, I would cancel everything immediately and return to Princess. Boring though it may be, they seem to have suited your needs

Sorry... both Celebrity and Princess have the call centre mentality. Neither offer what I would call good service. Two years ago I had someone from Princess quoting "Homeland Security" measures which didn't apply as I'm not a US citizen, the cruise was in Europe and my flights didn't enter or stop in the US at all. They were reading from a script...

Too bad, but unfortunately, all cruise lines/companies have gone this route to save a few $.

Archived