Silly question about ziplining

TSUmom

I have never done anything like this and am excited about the experience even tho I am afraid of heights.... but I am just curious about what we do with our things like cameras, passports and anything else we happen to have with us while we are "flying" above the trees. I am assuming I will need to be hanging on to something and would hate to drop my camera. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

what we do with our things like cameras, passports and anything else we happen to have with us while we are "flying" above the trees.

You won't need your passport...leave it in the safe on your ship. All you need is a photo ID and ship's card.

The zipline folks will care for anything you are concerned about. Get a neck lanyard for your camera and use it while you are zipping along. Or wait to take pics till you are standing on one of the zipline platforms, 30 ft off the ground up a tree!!

Personally I wear cargo type shorts or pants with at least one pocket that has a zipper. Cargo pockets can hold way more than you will ever need for a day ashore. :D:):rolleyes:

Thank you thinfool for your response. I never thought about a lanyard for my camera, I use one for my ship card so that will be easy and I did not realize I would not need to carry my passsport off the ship so that will be less worry....

Been seeing a lot of good feedback/reports on Pirates of the Caribbean Canopy Tour in Roatan. I along with my 2 grandsons 12 and 15 are sailing on Carnival Glory on April 4 and will be in Roatan Thurs April 8. Looking at booking with them. I have emailed them directly for further info including rates. They also have a beach break stop as an add on of $20 I believe.

Check out http://www.roatanpiratescanopy.com

And I always bring COPY of my passport with me to all island and leave the original in the safe aboard ship.

Also, just located another site..going to check this one out as well:

http://www.clipnziproatan.com/

Been seeing a lot of good feedback/reports on Pirates of the Caribbean Canopy Tour in Roatan. I along with my 2 grandsons 12 and 15 are sailing on Carnival Glory on April 4 and will be in Roatan Thurs April 8. Looking at booking with them. I have emailed them directly for further info including rates. They also have a beach break stop as an add on of $20 I believe.

Check out http://www.roatanpiratescanopy.com

And I always bring COPY of my passport with me to all island and leave the original in the safe aboard ship.

Also, just located another site..going to check this one out as well:

http://www.clipnziproatan.com/

MamaTene:

I was just reading on another thread about ziplining and someone mentioned about the Pirate of the Caribbean Tour. They said it was very unprofessional. It is in a thread titled Which Zipline in Rotan.

I just wanted you to know before you book with your grandchildren.

I am thinking about doing the South Beach Canopy Tour through rotancruiseexcursions.

Good luck with your search.

I have never done anything like this and am excited about the experience even tho I am afraid of heights.... but I am just curious about what we do with our things like cameras, passports and anything else we happen to have with us while we are "flying" above the trees. I am assuming I will need to be hanging on to something and would hate to drop my camera. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

For the place we went to - South Shore Canopy - the guides take your camera and take tons of pictures for you. They strapped it to their helmut/head gear. They even took some video/movie clips. As far as our stuff... the driver who picked us up and drove us around that day kept our belongings in the car/van. Everything was perfectly safe. I kept my money & credit card in my pockets though... just because that's how I am. :)

For the place we went to - South Shore Canopy - the guides take your camera and take tons of pictures for you. They strapped it to their helmut/head gear. They even took some video/movie clips. As far as our stuff... the driver who picked us up and drove us around that day kept our belongings in the car/van. Everything was perfectly safe. I kept my money & credit card in my pockets though... just because that's how I am. :)

I am thinking of booking this tour for my two 16 year olds based on reviews.

I sent them an e-mail today and waiting for a reply but do you know if my dh and I can go and watch and not participate? I would pay a price for transportation but not for zipline?

Thanks so much!

I am thinking of booking this tour for my two 16 year olds based on reviews.

I sent them an e-mail today and waiting for a reply but do you know if my dh and I can go and watch and not participate? I would pay a price for transportation but not for zipline?

Thanks so much!

I don't know how you would be able to watch very well, since I don't know how you can get to the different platforms without zipping across. There's an observation area at the main starting point, and you can see some of the zips, so I guess you can try and watch from there.

Hopefully you'll hear back soon and they can tell you for sure. Why don't you and DH just go ahead and zipline, too? We just did it with our kids (23 & 25) and had an absolute blast! We felt very, very safe.

232323232%7Ffp5326%3B%3Enu%3D3238%3E972%3E799%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C4%3A2%3C633327nu0mrj

Thanks for the heads up JS...gosh this site is invaluable!

I know! I often think what the heck did I do before the internet LOL

We just went to a TA and looked at a little picture of a ship or hotel in a brochure and booked. YIKES.

Did you find the thread.

The South Canopy tour gets very good reviews from other cruise critic members.

I'm going to talk to my dh tonight and see what he wants to do.

I don't know how you would be able to watch very well, since I don't know how you can get to the different platforms without zipping across. There's an observation area at the main starting point, and you can see some of the zips, so I guess you can try and watch from there.

Hopefully you'll hear back soon and they can tell you for sure. Why don't you and DH just go ahead and zipline, too? We just did it with our kids (23 & 25) and had an absolute blast! We felt very, very safe.

232323232%7Ffp5326%3B%3Enu%3D3238%3E972%3E799%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C4%3A2%3C633327nu0mrj

Thank you very much.

I think I would be too scared!!

I also have a 12 year old son that I don't think is too keen on doing this.

I think I am going to talk to my dh tonight and see if he wants to split up.

I'll go with the girls zip lining and he can my son can do something else.

Your picture made me very nervous LOL

Thanks everyone for all this info - any word on price comparisons between these places? I was originally interested in the Victor Bodden Zip n Dip tour ($65), which includes ziplining, then transportation to a beach, and an optional trip to "Monkey Business," a sort of monkey petting zoo. I'm glad to hear everyone's good experiences with South Shore Canopy Tours, but I don't see any pricing information on their website. I emailed them yesterday but I've yet to receive a response. Also, anyone done ClipNZip? They seem to have good experience and a good price ($40). But the monkeys sound so fun! Any more testimonials?

Thanks everyone for all this info - any word on price comparisons between these places? I was originally interested in the Victor Bodden Zip n Dip tour ($65), which includes ziplining, then transportation to a beach, and an optional trip to "Monkey Business," a sort of monkey petting zoo. I'm glad to hear everyone's good experiences with South Shore Canopy Tours, but I don't see any pricing information on their website. I emailed them yesterday but I've yet to receive a response. Also, anyone done ClipNZip? They seem to have good experience and a good price ($40). But the monkeys sound so fun! Any more testimonials?

South Shore Canopy is booked thru shoretrips dot com or islandmarketing dot com, which becomes roatancruiseexcursions dot com, I believe. Go to one of those sites and you can get the prices, along with all sorts of other info. It's called Roatan Canopy Tour; I don't think it says South Shore Canopy tour, but that's where they go.

I think it was $52 PP, included our transportation there and back, along with a stop at West Bay Beach and a free drink coupon if you want to go there. We tipped our zip guides and our driver, too. Awhile back, I saw a site someone posted that did compare the zips in Roatan... maybe you can do a search for that? BTW.. they also had a couple monkeys at South Shore, and took them out for us to play & take pictures afterwards.

I did some more checking around last night and have decided to go with ClipNZip. I like the price, location and the fact that the Zip lines look to be a little more tame. This will be the second time for me but the grandsons have never done this so thought it best to start. I emailed ClipNZip and have already heard back.

I did some more checking around last night and have decided to go with ClipNZip. I like the price, location and the fact that the Zip lines look to be a little more tame. This will be the second time for me but the grandsons have never done this so thought it best to start. I emailed ClipNZip and have already heard back.

I'll take a look at this too. When you say tame, are you saying the lines aren't as high?

I may be splitting up with my dh while he takes my son to do something and although I want to go zipping with the girls, very nervous.

Thanks.

js..

The individual lines look to be a little less high and less in distance between each stop point. I normally have a fear of heights but didnt experience any problems at all the first time I zipped. You really arent even aware as you are looking ahead and to the side more than down....it is a spectacular view! Is was so exhilarating!

I especially like the fact that the staff transports you up to the top rather than you having to walk the trail! And of course they accompany you on each zip and additional staff is at the stopping point for each of the lines.

js..

The individual lines look to be a little less high and less in distance between each stop point. I normally have a fear of heights but didnt experience any problems at all the first time I zipped. You really arent even aware as you are looking ahead and to the side more than down....it is a spectacular view! Is was so exhilarating!

I especially like the fact that the staff transports you up to the top rather than you having to walk the trail! And of course they accompany you on each zip and additional staff is at the stopping point for each of the lines.

Thank you very much. Going to look and print out the information now.

Thanks.

js..

Sorry, one more thing. How are you getting there? Cab or do they pick you up.

I don't see the information about transportation, only checking in once you get there.

South Canopy Tours transports you for $20 r/t with a drink coupon for the beach (although that is not a deal maker/breaker for me LOL). I would be more inclinded to go with a "tour" that picks up/drops off if I am by myself with 2 16 year old girls that look MUCH older LOL

Thanks, and to copy you...these boards are invaluable!

Sorry, one more thing. How are you getting there? Cab or do they pick you up.

I don't see the information about transportation, only checking in once you get there.

South Canopy Tours transports you for $20 r/t with a drink coupon for the beach (although that is not a deal maker/breaker for me LOL). I would be more inclinded to go with a "tour" that picks up/drops off if I am by myself with 2 16 year old girls that look MUCH older LOL

Thanks, and to copy you...these boards are invaluable!

If you are on a Carnival (Princess, Hal, etc) ship, you walk thru the new, glitzy Mahogany Bay compound, past Diamonds International, etc....out thru the taxi stand and cross the street. You are now at CliknZip.

js..Thinfool is right on about location of ClipNZip...it is like 50 yards from the cruise ship docking area

Thank you thinfool!

MamaTene and thinfool, do they transport me to somewhere else or is the zip lining done right there? So sorry, I really have no clue.

My husband and son will be splitting up with my daughter and her friend (both 16) and me.

Therefore, it is important to me to have safe transportation and safe zip lining (which is looks like Clip and Zip does have). Thinfool, have you used them?

They are located RIGHT there at the dock area. You dont need to be transported anywhere. You walk off the ship, and go around a bend where some shopping is and they are right there. I understand that if you are ziplining they will take you up the mountain area to the top and you will zip down.

They are located RIGHT there at the dock area. You dont need to be transported anywhere. You walk off the ship, and go around a bend where some shopping is and they are right there. I understand that if you are ziplining they will take you up the mountain area to the top and you will zip down.

Oh, thank you very much! You have made my decision for me.

How ironic, I was the one that told you about looking more into the Pirate Zipline and you moved to Zip and Clip and now I was looking where to go and because of your answers, doing Zip and Clip LOL

Thank you VERY much.

Will book this weekend or next Monday (when boss is out LOL).

Archived