? about 1 stop flight with no plane change (SW).

cschultz

We are flying Pgh to Philly to Ft Lauderdale on Southwest. We do not change planes. Can we still get off to stretch our legs, or use the restroom? If so, how do we reboard? Do we have to get back in line somehow, do we reboard first, or are we stuck on the plane? If we are allowed to get off, do we leave our belongings on our seats to hold them, or do we have to find new seats? I am new to this, so if anyone knows for sure, please let me know, as I do not relish being stuck in my seat for 5 hours!

Turns on Southwest are generally only 25 minutes. Through pax are asked to remain seated while the other pax exit. The flight attendants come through and count you, then you are able to move about, change seats, whatever for about 5 minutes until the next load starts boarding. Just enough time to use the toilet, but not enough time to wander around the airport.

eta-I checked your flight, and if I guessed correctly, you are on the 12:15 which arrives PHL at 1:30 and then departs at 1:50. Only 20 minutes to deplane, move, board and depart. It will be very quick.

We flew Southwest home from our last cruise and had a stop with no plane change , we were to just stay on the plane, but as it turned out the plane coming in with passengers to board our plane was late, It was the last plane that those people could board for the night so we waited. They let us off because of this delay to get some food if we wanted to , but if its a normal flight, you just stay in your seat. You could also call Southwest to be sure.

about 1 stop flight with no plane change (SW).

Just a word to the wise, you're not going to find Southwest listed as "SW" either at the airport, or amongst travel-savvy people, their international IATA code is WN.

If you do find an 'SW' flight, you're probably in Africa, because it's the code for Air Namibia.

Just a word to the wise, you're not going to find Southwest listed as "SW" either at the airport, or amongst travel-savvy people, their international IATA code is WN.

If you do find an 'SW' flight, you're probably in Africa, because it's the code for Air Namibia.

I am definitely on Southwest, I used the SW abbreviation in error.

Just a word to the wise, you're not going to find Southwest listed as "SW" either at the airport, or amongst travel-savvy people, their international IATA code is WN

Back years ago, there was an airline in Alaska called Wien Air. I believe they had the code WN, but were forced into bankruptcy around 1970s. Southwest never could get the code SW, but as they were expanding, they opted to assume the WN instead.

Fact check time, Rickey.

Wien used the code WC. They liquidated in 1985. (At one time, they were known as Wien Consolidated - WC).

Air Namibia was originally South West Air Transport, and was founded in 1946. They got the SW code at that time and have kept it since.

SW was not available when Southwest was founded in 1971. It has had the WN code from its inception (did not "assume" it midway through their existence), and there is no connection with Wien other than they both flew 737s.

The beauty of a direct flight with a stop on SW (used intentionally - SW on any compass is Southwest) is that you can switch seats before the next herd boards. Sometimes you can even snag the emergency row!

On trivia, SW website used to be http://www.iflyswa.com - it still works but will redirect you to their current site.

... on SW (used intentionally - SW on any compass is Southwest) ...

However, booking engines don't speak English , they speak IATA'ese, and by using SW all you're doing is demonstrating a lack of knowledge of the industry. You'll find your WN tickets will list the flight numbers as WN, so telling the person to look for SW is just confusing.

Of course only on an English compass (not any compass as you claim) is there a southwest, in French it would be sud-ouest and so on.

Further adding confusion, there is a Compass airlines, who's code is CP

Here is what happens on a WN one stop.

When the plane lands, the WN Flight attendants will ask that those who are continuing to stay in their seats until they reconcile who is left on the plane with who is supposed to be left on the plane.

The all clear is sounded.

You can then move from one seat to another and run to the lavatory before the next batch of passengers boards.

The flight then resumes.

Here is what happens on a WN one stop.

When the plane lands, the WN Flight attendants will ask that those who are continuing to stay in their seats until they reconcile who is left on the plane with who is supposed to be left on the plane.

The all clear is sounded.

You can then move from one seat to another and run to the lavatory before the next batch of passengers boards.

The flight then resumes.

Thank you mjesf, this is exactly what I wanted to know.

Archived