Newbie here! Lots of questions!

Ok, just booked my first cruise ever on Norwegian Epic. I am on Deck 9. Attached I have a copy of our deck plan. Our cabin is in the middle of the ship, a balcony cabin. When I look at the deck plan, it shows just a blank rectangle in the middle of the ship near my room. What is this? A walled-off area? The engine? An open area like a big foyer in a hotel? It's freaking me out that it may not be good. Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Here's the deck plan:

What is that big blank rectangle in the middle of the ship between the olive green cabins 9184, 9183, 9234 & 9233? That general area is where our cabin is.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/norwegian-epic-deck-plans/dp/#

FOR SOME REASON WHEN YOU CLICK THIS LINK, IT TAKES YOU TO DECK 5. WE ARE ON DECK 9, AND THAT IS WHAT I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT. THANKS!!!!!

Again, sorry if it's a dumb question, I've never been on a cruise and have many, many questions.

Those big blank areas are usually storage for the supplies that the room stewards use. The freight elevators are located somewhere in that blank area, too. That is how they get their supplies up and down the decks, as well as passengers' luggage.

P.S. There are no dumb questions here on CC.

No engines on deck 9!!! All the mechanical stuff is in the very bottom of the ship!

whew! so hopefully it is a relatively quiet deck. Now I am just bummed to come to realize Norwegian has rather lax rules when it comes to smoking. Not looking forward to the possibility of a stateroom reeking of smoke! I'll just hope for the best.

:)

NEXT QUESTION:

how difficult is it to disembark once back at the port at the end of the trip? is this a quick process or a longer process?

another question:

we like to drink. a lot. and know we will spend a pretty penny to do so. what's the average cost of a beer on norwegian? also, can i buy a bottle of wine on the ship and keep it with me in my cabin if i don't finish it?

Chickadee, I suggest that you post this question over on the NCL boards. You will get lots of quick answers there.

whew! so hopefully it is a relatively quiet deck. Now I am just bummed to come to realize Norwegian has rather lax rules when it comes to smoking. Not looking forward to the possibility of a stateroom reeking of smoke! I'll just hope for the best.

The stewards are very good at getting smoke smells out. If you have a problem, speak to your steward, and I'm sure they can do something about it. Have fun!

Archived