Atlantis-Allure of the Seas 2011 information

TravelerRoss

Atlantis stopped allowing people to sell their cabins. Sweet! Let's talk about what you're going to do first after climbing aboard. Me? Merry Go Round.

That made me giggle. I haven't ridden a Merry Go Round for a long time. I wonder what sort of music maker they have to go with it?

I usually head for something to eat, because the boarding process always makes me hungry.

I've been on the Oasis already and loved the Merry-Go-Round ... so I will probably be right behind you! After stopping by Park Cafe for a little lunch and a stop by the nearest bar first!

That made me giggle. I haven't ridden a Merry Go Round for a long time. I wonder what sort of music maker they have to go with it?

I usually head for something to eat, because the boarding process always makes me hungry.

• 2 weeks later...

Party themes are out:

We hope you had a fantastic New Year’s celebration and are looking forward to seeing you next month on the Allure of the Seas! As we promised, you’ll receive a series of emails with information on how to prepare for this exciting cruise. Today we wanted to give you a preview of how the parties and themes will work onboard. It’s a bit different than past Atlantis cruises with more options and more variety than ever before.

One note on costumes. While we love seeing spectacular outfits, please don’t stress about it. We design our party themes to be enjoyed by everyone, whether you’re an elaborate costumer, or prefer to come as you are. No matter what you wear you’ll always be welcome and fit right in!

Early next week we’ll send you information on shows, restaurants, and how to both register and reserve for the events you want to enjoy. Just to clarify, while most of our shows will require tickets, the parties do NOT use tickets.

Please take a minute to read the details below about our fantastic parties! Thank you.

Best regards,

Rich, Randle and the rest of Team Atlantis

Atlantis 20th Anniversary Cruise Party Information

The following is an outline of how the dance events onboard the Allure of the Seas will work for Atlantis. Please note that we’ll provide a full schedule in the next two weeks, but these are the major events.

T-Dances

Our three themed T-dances will be held outdoors in the afternoon from the Boardwalk into the Aqua Theater. Rain or shine.

Ask Me, Tell Me

Come out and serve at the first T-dance in Atlantis history where it’s ok to be part of the military! Dog tags for everyone, and some little colored dots that start big conversations. Go ahead, it’s OK to ask!

(Remember, now DADT = Dots and Dog Tags)

Revival

Flash back to the days of disco, when unnatural fabrics and oversized shoes ruled the dance floor. For 2 short hours in the afternoon, we’ll transport you to a much sillier musical time, right around 1979!

Final Rinse

Take one last spin with your friends at our final t-dance. Just be ready to get wet. Really wet! Time to pull out that hot swimsuit, bright board shorts, and any other water-friendly outfit you haven’t worn yet.

Evening Parties

There’s a lot to choose from each night as we create several distinct environments for your entertainment. We’ll split up the ship in a variety of ways, both musically and thematically. Take a look around and try something new!

The Solarium will be our main outdoor party space, with a massive capacity for pretty much anybody that wants to dance. We’ll be open five nights, with themes on 4 of them. It’s a pretty spectacular space, with dancing on two levels and the wildest light and laser show you’ve ever seen.

Studio B will be open most nights as our primary indoor venue, holding approximately 1500 guests. Musically we’ll be a little more experimental than you’ve seen on an Atlantis cruise, with nights dedicated to a slightly more European sound (tribal, progressive, and trance) along with more traditional “after-hours” music.

Dazzles is a sleek, posh nightclub that we’ll use every night for a lighter sound featuring the music of the 80s, 90s, current pop hits, and even some classic disco. It’s a brilliant two-story venue with a stunning view of the Boardwalk. One little rule here – you have to wear a shirt at all times. That’s an Atlantis rule, not an RCCL one, and we’re asking because not everybody wants to dance in a sweaty box!

Blaze has to be the coolest dance club ever built on a cruise ship, with a small dance floor and lots of terrific lounge space. We’ll use this for a variety of sounds, including hip-hop, Latin dance, rock, and more. It’ll also be the chill-out lounge for Studio B and the super, super late (or rather early) venue after Studio B closes up. It’s a great place to hang out.

The Promenade will host our first night’s kickoff "block party" and literally can hold everyone!

So... here are the big theme nights:

Hero

Be one, imitate one, honor one, or just show up as a gushing fan. It’s a party to celebrate the heroes of all worlds, from super to civic, ordinary to extraordinary, magical to mischievous, and everything in between. Ordinary dressed hero worshippers and onlookers welcome!

Anthems & Beats

Tonight it’s all about the music with two distinctive flavors to choose from. Anthem celebrates the big vocal music of the 90s and beyond in the Solarium. Or let the music seduce you with Beats’ progressive and tribal sounds in Studio B. Don’t dress up. Just dance!

Lost Continent

There once was a mighty island nation, lying in front of the pillars of Heracles, so powerful that its warriors conquered nations before sinking into the ocean in a single day and night of misfortune. That utopian continent was known as Atlantis, of course, and tonight we return to that magical, mystical island where everything is beautiful and anything goes. Dress for conquering, primitive warrior, body-painted entertainer, undersea creature, or a simple tourist lost in the woods.

Angels & Demons

Atlantis’ classic White Party develops a split personality as we hold a mirror up to the blazing purity of our most famous night. The Solarium becomes a place for Angels and all things white. Descend into Studio B for a look at the other side and the mischievous and darker world of Demons. Of course, sometimes you really can’t tell which is which. Dress white to start, of course, and let the rest just happen.

Hello:

My partner and I are booked and paid on the Atlantis, 20th Anniversary, "Allure Cruise". Feb 06-13, 2011.

I was just informed that my job is no longer available, and I am now Unemployed.

We are looking at selling our Stateroom for this cruise.

We just spoke with Atlantis today, and they will do name changes for $150/ per person.

NO money to be made by us, just our cost and you pay the Name transfer charge.

If you would like to check, we have a Boardwalk Balcony Stateroom,

# 8695, end unit overlooking Central park.

Thank you.

Hello:

My partner and I are booked and paid on the Atlantis, 20th Anniversary, "Allure Cruise". Feb 06-13, 2011.

I was just informed that my job is no longer available, and I am now Unemployed.

We are looking at selling our Stateroom for this cruise.

We just spoke with Atlantis today, and they will do name changes for $150/ per person.

NO money to be made by us, just our cost and you pay the Name transfer charge.

If you would like to check, we have a Boardwalk Balcony Stateroom,

# 8695, end unit overlooking Central park.

Thank you.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. I hope you get to go on another Atlantis Cruise later. Good luck with the job search.

Arriving Friday afternoon 2/4 from DC. Will be at the Schubert Resort with a bunch of friends. Deck 10 starboard oceanview balcony on the ship. -Chris

hey chris we arrive friday too - my bf and me and a couple friends. have you been at the shubert before? i've stayed at worthington/alkazar before but not the shubert.

see you around the pool :)

kyle

Looks like some of the entertainment has been loaded onto the pre-cruise planner!

Pam Ann

Cheyenne Jackson

Miss Richfield 1981

Jim David Comedy

Liz Feldman Comedy

Brad Loekle Comedy

Shawn Pelofsky's Comedy

Starting to get excited now! Pam Ann is a riot!

• 2 weeks later...

Safe travels everyone. Counting the hours till we leave on Saturday. Trying to catch up with work in the last two days and avoid all the evil looks I get when they figure out I'm going to somewhere warm for two weeks ;).

See you all in couple of days!

Archived