Atlantis-Allure of the Seas 2011 information

TravelerRoss

What do you guys think of the Central Park balcony cabins? I think it would be pretty neat to be on the balcony watching the guys walking through Central Park (cruising!).

I guess the negative is that you wouldn't have much privacy and that you would be looking directly across Central park into the balcony cabins on the other side.

Let me know what you think of these cabins.

Thanks, Hobie

I think the price point makes 30s-40s more common, but there are many younger guys too. My youngest brother joined us on the January cruise. Remembering the little amount of time I saw him, I know he found a lot of people his age to hang around. He is also already talking about February 2011.

How young is your younger brother, I'm so excited about this cruise, I can't wait to get it booked!

I guess it will be very different from Scotland ha!

What do you guys think of the Central Park balcony cabins? I think it would be pretty neat to be on the balcony watching the guys walking through Central Park (cruising!).

I guess the negative is that you wouldn't have much privacy and that you would be looking directly across Central park into the balcony cabins on the other side.

Thanks, Hobie

I have read that the ship is so big that one can lose sight of the fact you are floating on the water. If you have a central park view, you will be staring at more steel and glass rather than the ocean. But EVERYONE goes on a cruise for their own reasons.

Good luck

tom

I have read that the ship is so big that one can lose sight of the fact you are floating on the water. If you have a central park view, you will be staring at more steel and glass rather than the ocean. But EVERYONE goes on a cruise for their own reasons.

Good luck

tom

And if you have an interior room you are staring at a wall. They still offer ocean views for people who prefer that, I'll be booking one. After listening to Atlantis CEO Rich talk about Oasis I'm sure that Allure will be a great choice for the 20th Anniv. Atlantis Cruise.

Thanks, Hobie

If we are able to book this cruise, we want the Central Park view, from the simple reason in that this will be a room that is unique to this ship....And as far as privacy is concerned, that's why they put drapes in the room!

How much fun would it be to have drinks on your veranda and watch the parade of peeps!!

We are leaving in 3 days on the Independence on a Promenade view room....

The Central Park Staterooms were highly touted by Atlantis when they did their tour of Oasis. I'll be in a Central Park Stateroom but have lots of leg power to walk the big ship (any deck, any time) :D

I'm still not sure. I'm still feeling burned about Atlantis offering $99.00 airfare and severely discounting rooms and gratuties yet not doing the same for the people who booked a year out. I may just wait until this cruise gets closer and see what's happening.

let's do it, and do it, and do it........this is going to be an awesome cruise! My friend and I are so excited and can't wait to see this ship! Plus we have never been to Lauderdale.

My 3rd Atlantis cruise, her second.

See you on board (and/or the dance floor!)

-K

Vino.jpg.d42d906ac794c63ad4cdc5adf36102b6.jpg

Just curious - what ship is the RSVP on? What's the itinerary?

The ship is the Nieux Amsterdam, a new ship from HAL.

Feb 13 - 5pm Depart Ft Lauderdale

Feb 14 - sea

Feb 15 - Costa Maya, Mx

Feb 16 - Puerto Cortes, Honduras

Feb 17 - Roatan, Honduras

Feb 18 - Cozumel, MX

Feb 19 - sea

Feb 20 - Ft Lauderdale

Do you get many younger guys going on these cruises or is it more order 40+?

My boyfriend and I are 27 and we just booked this cruise. We were on the January one and we had so much fun. It was our first cruise and we met a bunch of amazing people both young and old.

When it comes down to it, I didnt even notice peoples ages.

Hi all,

I am a bit confused about the dates. Is this ship leaving on Sunday (February 6 2011)? I thought all cruises would start on Saturday?

Thinking of booking a ocean view room on deck 7, 8, 9 or 10. Anyone knows with deck will be the most quiet one?

Jochem

All cruises do NOT start on Saturday. The Atlantis cruise on the Solstice leaves Sunday March 7, 2010. And all cruises are not 7 days long either.

Look for a cabin with no public areas either one deck above or one deck below. That will help, but doesn't guarantee quiet. It also helps to find a cabin with no cabin directly across the hall. And by all means, stay away from any cabin near the passenger laundry, if ther is one. People sit in there all the time talking.

Archived