Atlantis-Allure of the Seas 2011 information

TravelerRoss

Thanks for the answers Darrell. We have done three RSVP cruises before and they all started on Saturday. So that is one difference between RSVP and Atlantis.

Jochem

Actually, we have been on both Atlantis and RSVP. We have set sail on Sat and Sun from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. The sail date is governed by the normal sail date of the particular ship and not by RSVP or Atlantis. In the case of Allure, it will normally set sail on Sun, I believe, whereas the Oasis sets sail on Sat. They had to build a new pier (at a cost of $13 million) in Lauderdale to accomodate them because of their size, so they have to sail on different days.

Phil

Thanks for the answers Darrell. We have done three RSVP cruises before and they all started on Saturday. So that is one difference between RSVP and Atlantis.

Jochem

In 2007 the RSVP cruise on the Caribbean Princess started on Sunday.

Partner and I booked a Central Park balcony on deck 10 a few weeks ago after trying for a day and a half to get thru. However we recently realized that that means we will need to plan BALCONY decorations for this cruise along with the costumes, etc.! Guess that means yet another steamer trunk full of stuff to lug onboard . . .

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, CC member NH Cruiser posted some great pictures of the Oasis of the Seas. These pictures will give you all a good idea of what you will see on the identical Allure of the Seas. Note the pictures of the Solarium on the top deck forward. This is were most of the outdoor parties will take place in the evenings.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/576418754EpELbV Pictures of the ship starting top deck

http://travel.webshots.com/album/576443973ZqEApE Pictures of Central Park (Deck 8), Boardwalk (Deck 6), Promenade (Deck 5)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/576458263ImMwtY Agua Show, Ice Show, Promenade Parade

Hey guys, CC member NH Cruiser posted some great pictures of the Oasis of the Seas. These pictures will give you all a good idea of what you will see on the identical Allure of the Seas. Note the pictures of the Solarium on the top deck forward. This is were most of the outdoor parties will take place in the evenings.

thx Ross......great pics! we have been following several Oasis blogs with pictures attached and are very excited. We are booked on deck 12 with a view of Boardwalk and the Aqua Theatre.

dave, jim and yuri

Thank you Ross for posting the links. The pictures are great and the ship is amazing. Cannot wait for next February. Amazing how many people have actually been on the Oasis. Lots of comments, most very positive about the efficiency on everything on board with so many guests.

I doubt I can afford this now, due to the only cabins left being towards the upper scale.

What other cruises will Atlantis have on next year, I was even thinking about the cruise in October this year?

I was able to talk the other half into booking - boardwalk view aft. He's always afraid I'm going to push him over the balcony, and this way he figures there will be witnesses. Guess I don't need to up the insurance now.

I was able to talk the other half into booking - boardwalk view aft. He's always afraid I'm going to push him over the balcony, and this way he figures there will be witnesses. Guess I don't need to up the insurance now.

we are on deck 12 with a aft balcony on Boardwalk.....have seen so many pics from the Oasis and can't wait!!!

I wonder if the gays will be able to decorate the balconies!? :D

I notice this is nearly sold out which is incredible, what age range do you think will be on this boat?

If I can't get on this, i am thinking about trying the Mariner in October, what will this be like?

Want to join this cruise too. Just called my travel agency here in Germany but youre only allowed to board when youre 21 or over, or if you are accomponied by an traveller over 21. I´m just 20 so I want to check out if here is somebody who is searching for an cabin share:D.

Mike

I notice this is nearly sold out which is incredible, what age range do you think will be on this boat?

Malcolm, the usual Atlantic cruise director and host, swears the average age on all Atlantis cruises is around 41-42. But there are people of every age, except no children.

If the average age of the January Liberty cruise this year was 45, there were a LOT of 70-year-olds hiding in their cabins :).

I would say more like 35 as an average for the January one (if ours was any indication). Though it could have been a lot of really well-done plastic surgery. =)

Want to join this cruise too. Just called my travel agency here in Germany but youre only allowed to board when youre 21 or over, or if you are accomponied by an traveller over 21. I´m just 20 so I want to check out if here is somebody who is searching for an cabin share:D.

Mike

Hi, I am looking for a cabinshare, how do you send a private message on here?

Well, I was getting nervous that there would not be much inventory left and was able to snag a D2 Oceanview Balcony on Deck 6. I was told that I could go for some other categories but would not be assigned a stateroom as they had all been sold. It seems that a lot of people will secure a stateroom even though they are not definite on their plans yet and then release them before the deadline for a full refund arrives.

Didn't want to take a chance and this stateroom looks good, although I will have an opportunity to revisit after more staterooms "open up".

Would love to be on a higher deck but even if that doesn't happen, just excited that we will be there in February!

Well, I was getting nervous that there would not be much inventory left and was able to snag a D2 Oceanview Balcony on Deck 6. I was told that I could go for some other categories but would not be assigned a stateroom as they had all been sold. It seems that a lot of people will secure a stateroom even though they are not definite on their plans yet and then release them before the deadline for a full refund arrives.

Didn't want to take a chance and this stateroom looks good, although I will have an opportunity to revisit after more staterooms "open up".

Would love to be on a higher deck but even if that doesn't happen, just excited that we will be there in February!

Hi Meddy - my friend Luanne and I are also booked on deck 6. We have a D8 Oceanview Balcony. So if you fail to "move on up" we'll be neighbors.

Cheers,

Kevin

I to called and booked today, originally planned to book central park view no balcony, unfortunately sold out, so my lack of booking sooner has cost me about a grand more, i ended up booking a b2 boardwalk balcony, no room assignment yet but I'm on the boat so i will be happy. I asked whe they anticipate it selling out and she said probably by next wednesday, if you are on the fence you better book sooner than later.

Archived