Atlantis-Allure of the Seas 2011 information

TravelerRoss

Just posted on Facebook yesterday....

Leaves on 2/6 I think, returns on 2/13. This will be in place of the Jan Freedom Class and the March Celebrity cruises....

I think it's Eastern Carib...

They are allowing people on the the current trips book early of course, and I think it will probably open up to everyone else in the summer sometime...

We want to go so badly!!

Looking to book a Central Park view room....

Leaves on 2/6 I think, returns on 2/13. This will be in place of the Jan Freedom Class and the March Celebrity cruises....

They are allowing people on the the current trips book early of course, and I think it will probably open up to everyone else in the summer sometime...

We want to go so badly!!

There will still be a march cruise as well, i have scanned the price and information sheet but it's to large to post here, EMAIL ME and i will send it to you.

We want to go so badly!!

I'm not sure who started this rumor that Atlantis was combining the January and March cruises. I've seen it on Facebook, the Atlantis Alumni site and now on here.

There are two separate Caribbean cruises in 2011, Allure in February and the Celebrity Summit in March. When a Liberty 10 passenger suggested combining the cruises during the "Ask Atlantis" forum, Rich said that combining the cruises was never something they considered. Atlantis considers the March cruise a franchise with a very specific audience. He said that the March cruises are smaller, more port-intensive and they visit more exotic places than the January (now February) cruise.

I can't wait for Allure! I hope I get a job soon so I can take one of the other cruises beforehand!

:cool:

eta: I was able to book it via the RCI site once I took out all the coupon/discount codes. Looks like Atlantis pricing...

I can't wait for Allure! I hope I get a job soon so I can take one of the other cruises beforehand!

:cool:

eta: I was able to book it via the RCI site once I took out all the coupon/discount codes. Looks like Atlantis pricing...

I hope you don't lose your money since Atlantis doesn't book anything through the RCI website. You have to book either with a TA or directly through Atlantis. The only thing you do with RCI is check in once Atlantis sends you your confirmation number.

I hope you don't lose your money since Atlantis doesn't book anything through the RCI website. You have to book either with a TA or directly through Atlantis. The only thing you do with RCI is check in once Atlantis sends you your confirmation number.

I wont lose my money-RCI will just return it at worst case-and I'll just rebook it with Atlantis. No biggee.. :) My hope is that I can just call Atlantis with my RCI confirmation number and then just pay whatever difference they want. I'm not trying to get it cheaper-I just wanted it booked. I needed to have something to look forward to!

I wont lose my money-RCI will just return it at worst case-and I'll just rebook it with Atlantis. No biggee.. :) My hope is that I can just call Atlantis with my RCI confirmation number and then just pay whatever difference they want. I'm not trying to get it cheaper-I just wanted it booked. I needed to have something to look forward to!

RCI will have to cancel and refund you booking; one it is a charter everything has to be booked through Atlantis.

Were you on this year's Liberty cruise and is that how you were able to book or can any book now?

It's weird sometimes. If the cruise is HOT, as this one will be, they usually offer it to the people taking the cruise at the same time then offer to ther passengers on the cruises after that first then open it to Alumni and then the public, however, some cruises, like the Med this summer, I was allowed to book right after the Med ended last year even though I didn't go on it. I'm guessing it's because they don't expect it to sell out and rooms will aplenty.

It never hurts to call Atlantis directly and see if you can book.

We will be doing our very first cruise in August (Atlantis Venice-Athens). This cruise also looks very good. If we like cruising I really want to do this cruise, but I wonder if there will be still availability for an oceanview balcony in august. I don't think I can persuade my husband to book this cruise before we do the cruise in august.

Does anyone has an estimate of the prices (especially the oceanview balcony).

We will be doing our very first cruise in August (Atlantis Venice-Athens). This cruise also looks very good. If we like cruising I really want to do this cruise, but I wonder if there will be still availability for an oceanview balcony in august. I don't think I can persuade my husband to book this cruise before we do the cruise in august.

D1 Balcony is 2049 - D8 Balcony 1749

As long as you are in the cancellation window you could cancel if you decide its not for you.

Thanks for the prices. I know I can cancel, but we still have to make a down payment. With the payments for the coming cruise (which isn't cheap ;) ) and the trouble I had to convince my husband to take a cruise in the first place, I better can't start talking about another cruise yet :rolleyes:

Once you have taken an Atlantis cruise you will get a membership in their Alumni web site. It is their own facebook type place where you can join groups for each cruise. The nice thing about that is you can risk waiting to book most cruises because all cruises seem to have a lot of last minute cancellations after the no refund date. People have all kinds of emergencies and work issues that come up. They post their rooms there for a direct resale to others. I would bet that a cruise with 5400 people will have a lot of last minute cabins free up like that.

I am on the upcoming Australia cruise that sold out in 5 days a year out. Even that one with just 1400 pasengers had a flurry of people selling rooms a few weeks ago.

From the Alumni Preview site for the trip:

On Sale Now to Alumni Only

Due to the unprecedented demand for this cruise, we are making it available to our Alumni according to the schedule below. Our introductory rates are essentially the same as we sold the Freedom of the Seas back in 2007, so even with this fantastic new ship, it’s still a great value!

We will open our office on Saturday, February 6 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time to accept bookings from guests who have traveled 4 or more times with Atlantis or are booked on our upcoming Solstice or Australia Cruises.

On Sale Date------------------Alumni Group

February 6, 2010----------------4 or more past vacations

February 9, 2010----------------2 or more past vacations

February 11, 2010---------------All Alumni

February 16, 2010---------------On sale to the public

FAQ as part of the Alumni Link for the trip:

Answers to Common Questions

Our cruise onboard Allure will be very different from past Atlantis cruises, with more entertainment and more diversity than anything we’ve ever created in the past. Here are a few answers to the questions we keep hearing:

How will we fit everyone in the Theater?

Simply put, we won’t. the main theater holds around 1500 guests and we’ll run at least 3 or 4 showings of every major show to accommodate all guests. There will be multiple shows running at any given moment in the theater, Studio B, and the AquaTheater. The Allure has a ticketing system to allow you to reserve your space effortlessly so you will always be guaranteed a seat. It’s a great system and works really, really well!

Where will the deck parties be held?

More great news! The Solarium at the front of the ship is one of the most perfect spaces for a party we’ve ever seen. Most of our parties will be held in that space, and a few indoor events will be in Studio B. The best part about the Solarium is that there are no staterooms below it (it’s the kids center), so we don’t anticipate any issues with noise.

We might try to hold a t-dance in the AquaTheater, but these would only be during the late afternoon. We are not planning any outdoor parties at night in either the Boardwalk or AquaTheater spaces at this time due to noise concerns.

What’s the AquaTheater?

It’s the most amazing space you’ve ever seen on a ship, composed of a massive water stage and pool surrounded by high-diving platforms. The Aqua Show was produced by the team that created “O” in Las Vegas and will amaze you. We’ll also likely use the space for a concert show. Many guests in Boardwalk rooms have fantastic balcony views of the shows!

Will there be a Headliner?

We’re still putting our entertainment plan together for the Allure and will probably not use a single “big name” as we’ve done in the past. It’s simple logistics, since we’d need to have them perform 4 shows and this is not likely to be feasible. That said, there is a full Broadway production onboard, the Aqua Show, and a flying show that is truly the largest show ever built on a ship. We’ll likely bring two or three amazing acts, plus a cadre of Atlantis favorites to celebrate our anniversary.

Why would I want a Central Park View?

Well, Central Park is one of the most beautiful spaces ever created on a ship with lush landscaping and subtle lighting at night. Depending on your taste, a view into the park is a welcome, mostly wind-free way to truly enjoy a balcony view at night. There’s always something to see, versus looking out into the darkness in the Ocean. Ultimately, it’s personal taste, but our team loved these rooms on our site visit.

Is the Boardwalk Noisy?

Once you close your stateroom door, you truly cannot hear the Boardwalk. We tested this out!

Why is this cruise more expensive than other Atlantis cruises?

Royal Caribbean spent $1.6 billion on building this ship… They have to get it back somehow! All kidding aside, it’s the newest, most advanced, and most spectacular ship ever built. That’s going to command a premium and our costs are a lot higher than our other cruises. Even so, our fares are still roughly the same as we charged for the Freedom of the Seas back in 2007. We think it’s still a great value for the experience.

Thank you for all the information. Unfortunaly my husband has expressed no interest at all in a cruise in the Caribean :( So I just have to wait how our first cruise goes.

Or I just wait till 16 Februari, look at the prices, the statarooms that are available and the cancellation dates. With all that information I just have to try to persuade him to book with the promise that it will always be possible to cancel :rolleyes: .

Btw can anyone tell me if St. Maarten will be the Dutch or the French side of the Island?

Thank you for all the information. Unfortunaly my husband has expressed no interest at all in a cruise in the Caribean :( So I just have to wait how our first cruise goes.

Or I just wait till 16 Februari, look at the prices, the statarooms that are available and the cancellation dates. With all that information I just have to try to persuade him to book with the promise that it will always be possible to cancel :rolleyes: .

Btw can anyone tell me if St. Maarten will be the Dutch or the French side of the Island?

We have already given our info to our TA and will be booking on Feb 16 while we are on the RSVP cruise!

The Allure will definitely be in port on the Dutch side of the island. And after spending a week there 6 years ago, you want to get to the french side as soon as you can!

djy

Royal Caribbean docks on the Dutch side, but we always take a bus or car to the French side or the catamaran excusion which goes from the Dutch to the French side and stops for lunch and shopping. Either that, or you can go to Orient Beach for nude sunbathing.

We are booking Allure today (been on 6 Atlantis cruises). Been to St. Maarten and St. Thomas mutiple times, but we are going for the ship and don't care if we get off.

Archived