Quite an interesting eBay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Join-Me-On-A-Cruise-With-My-Family-Royal-Caribbean-8NT_W0QQitemZ270519401294QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efc367b4e#ht_1127wt_1167

Don't see many ebay auctions like this one. So what are your thoughts on this? Would you do cruise with a complete stranger?

Oh, and I don't think this has been posted, but if it has, just ignore the thread;)

Who in their right mind would do that? And I am talking about the seller and the eventual buyer! :eek:

I am sure someone of that same mindset will see it and bid...agree not my cup of tea...or mixed drink...

yes I need to be in the CL for a couple hours tomorrow to get a break from all my work...time to go check out the Tuesday specials...maybe book a 3nt out of Miami...

Can't make up my mind if an inclination towards insanity is the reason for his recent divorce or if he's got a brilliant idea and is a bit of an entrepreneur. He's covered his bases by wanting a live interview.... have witnessed fake pictures been used before. Would love to know how it works out!

Hmmmm...he's not generating much interest.

No bids and only 2 days left.

As a semi-regular seller on eBay, this is certainly a strange one. It proves my point that people will sell anything....and many people will BUY anything.

(for which I'm thankful....it pays for my cruises and other fun stuff)

I don't know. I don't think this is as crazy of an idea as it is being made out to be. When I went off to college I was assigned a roommate that I did not know until the start of classes and that worked out OK. You are not going to be sharing a bed with the guy. He has already paid for the 2nd fare and is just trying to recover his cost. Yes, the price is high, but I'm sure he would consider lowering it. If I were interested in a cheap cruise and was single, I would wait until the auction ended and make him an offer of $500. He would probably take it.

$900 for an oceanview cabin and the baggage of having to put up with his family too.:rolleyes:

Wow...you have to be "selected" by him...and it seems like he has such high standards too...:eek:

Too funny!!!

As a semi-regular seller on eBay' date=' this is certainly a strange one. It proves my point that people will sell anything....and many people will BUY anything.

(for which I'm thankful....it pays for my cruises and other fun stuff)[/quote']

A cruiser after my own heart.....I definitely have eBay to thank for more than one of my cruises!!

Psssh.

If the price was right I'd take him up on it in a heartbeat.

I'd counter-interview, of course. And run a background check.

On a cruise you're surrounded by strangers all the time anyway. You dine with strangers. Go on excursions with strangers. It's not such a big leap to bunk with one, too.

And there's no reason you'd have the "baggage of having to put up with his family too" any more than you put up with the "baggage" of other families on board.

The price is much more of an obstacle than the circumstances. That cruise is still selling right now for $999. If it were a bargain, and not just 10% off retail, I bet he'd have some takers.

I saw that on eBay but he doesn't look like my type and I was concerned about the live webcam interview.

Besides, my next roommate is going to Amybeth. (if all goes as planned and she agrees to share the shoes!)

Freddy

Hey if you're willing to lend me one of your wife's dresses, I can certainly lend you my shoes!

Yes, the price is high, but I'm sure he would consider lowering it. If I were interested in a cheap cruise and was single, I would wait until the auction ended and make him an offer of $500. He would probably take it.
He started off at $500 and has INCREASED the every day!

It think the price is too high for him wanting to get someone to go on that cruise.

He's kinda cute though ... if it were in the summertime ... I'd give it a second thought. :o I'd definately ask for 2 sanity referrals from him, too. I think it would just be a bit ....... awkward.

Archived