Grand Suite Perks on Freedom of the Seas?

SuzD123

I just booked a Western Caribbean cruise on Freedom for January 2011. Since we are celebrating our 25th and my husband has never cruised, I wanted to surprise him with the trip and make it even more special by reserving a Grand Suite.

I was just on Majesty in a Grand Suite and there seemed to be a variety of special perks including a tour of the bridge, daily treats (fruit, choc covered strawberries, cheese/crackers, etc.), and champagne. We also got to use the priority departure lounge on the final day.

I've heard about the concierge club and a reserved pool deck seating area, but can anyone tell me what other Freedom "surprises" might be in store for us?

Suite Enhancements (complete):

Royal Suite,Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite,Owner’s Suite,Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite&Crown Loft Suite

• Priority check-in

• Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service

• Complimentary luggage valet service

• Complimentary pressing service on formal night

• Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (where available)

• VIP pool deck seating (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

• Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

• Priority tender tickets (where available)

• Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge - includes continental breakfast

• Luxury spa bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Gold SeaPass® Card for recognition

I've booked a grand suite for this cruise in Dec 2010. And there is one thing that puzzles me. On Deck 10 there is s concierge club, but the breakfast/hor'dourves seem to be in the Diamond Club Lounge is on a different deck. So do you get access to both since you are sailing in a suite?

I've booked a grand suite for this cruise in Dec 2010. And there is one thing that puzzles me. On Deck 10 there is s concierge club, but the breakfast/hor'dourves seem to be in the Diamond Club Lounge is on a different deck. So do you get access to both since you are sailing in a suite?

There will be a continental breakfast available in the concierge lounge every day incl, smoked salmon, fruit, cheese, prosciutto ham, pastries, bagels, toast etc and the unlimited 24hr use of the wonderful coffee/latte/cappucino machine for free. You will not get access to the DL unless you are that category...same as they cannot come to CL unless they are in a suite..GS or higher...

Don't forget you can also order your MDR meals in your cabin too....Enjoy!

I always get the Grand suite, and love it !

You get access to both if you are both a D or D+ C&A member and have booked a suite. However, there is breakfast/hor'dourves in both lounges.

We were both on Freedom week before last. Ended up using Diamond lounge much more as it has beautiful ocean views and a large screen TV. Consierge Lounge on 10 is totally enclosed. Both consierges were very nice, friendly, and helpful....... :)

Wanted to know if children can be in the D,D+ lounge after 5. I know that they can't be in the concierge lounge but wasn't sure if that same rule applied to the D,D+ lounge.

Thanks,

Lisa

Yes, the same rules apply if there is alcohol being served because it is a private lounge area where the D/D+ event is held just like the CL.

Suite Enhancements (complete):

Royal Suite,Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite,Owner’s Suite,Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite&Crown Loft Suite

• Priority check-in

• Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service

• Complimentary luggage valet service

• Complimentary pressing service on formal night

• Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (where available)

• VIP pool deck seating (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

• Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

• Priority tender tickets (where available)

• Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge - includes continental breakfast

• Luxury spa bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Gold SeaPass® Card for recognition

Patti,We've mostly had JS..however..the next 4 cruises we've booked GS..so..this is our first time with the little extra's.

Please tell me about the "private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant"

Do you get your meal at Windjammer and take to restaurant? Or..do you order from menu? Thanks. :)

Patti,We've mostly had JS..however..the next 4 cruises we've booked GS..so..this is our first time with the little extra's.

Please tell me about the "private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant"

Do you get your meal at Windjammer and take to restaurant? Or..do you order from menu? Thanks. :)

Oh my you are asking the wrong person as we have only been in JS cabins and everybody knows they don't get squat!!:p We were upgraded to an OS on our November cruise on Radiance, but there was no special breakfast for suite guests on that sailing just for D/D+.

Hopefully somebody can come back and give you the correct information.

You get your meal at the buffet in the Windjammer, and take it into the specialty restaurant. On our last cruise in November on the IOS it was Portifono. They will ask you your suite number, until they get to know you. Very nice "Suite Perk." Waiters/waitresses serve you beverages. Area is quiet and relaxing, and almost half of the table are at the window. You'll love it. We sure did, eating there instead of the MDR for all breakfasts and lunches.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

You get access to both if you are both a D or D+ C&A member and have booked a suite. However, there is breakfast/hor'dourves in both lounges.

We were both on Freedom week before last. Ended up using Diamond lounge much more as it has beautiful ocean views and a large screen TV. Consierge Lounge on 10 is totally enclosed. Both consierges were very nice, friendly, and helpful....... :)

Hi, I have the same question. This will be our 1st RCCL cruise (FOS) and of course we do not have C&A membership yet. We have booked a Grand Suite. Are we allowed to access Diamond Club Lounge?

Why did the concierge club closed? Renovation?

Hi, I have the same question. This will be our 1st RCCL cruise (FOS) and of course we do not have C&A membership yet. We have booked a Grand Suite. Are we allowed to access Diamond Club Lounge?

Why did the concierge club closed? Renovation?

Being in a suite you will access to the Concierge Lounge. The Diamond Lounge is for Diamond and Diamond Plus Members.

The Concierge Lounge was not closed........on Voyager class ships the Lounge is located on Deck 9 Center. There are no windows, so it is an enclosed room.

We just got off the Freedom and while we were not in a suite, we are D+ so we had Concierge or Diamond lounge access. We were provided 2 separate key cards, one for each lounge. Amenities are the same in both.

For additional info ( I did not see it mentioned) there is also a reserved beach area on Labadee for suite guest. It is also open to ANY OTHERS who want to rent a cabana ($150-$200 for up to 6). Cost is dependent upon cabana location. I understand there is also a different lunch served in that beach area.

I noted reserved seating at the ice show ( not used for the 2 shows I saw) as well as reserved seating by the pool, which was empty the first sea day until about 2:00pm.

Enjoy

M

• 6 months later...

Archived